Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » why did pastor say, "The bible is the only hope of man"??

Author Topic: why did pastor say, "The bible is the only hope of man"??
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAAFOTL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unshackled, yay! I do miss that being aired on the radio where I am! What a great program!

quote:
Originally posted by David:
http://www.unshackled.org/listen_home.html

www.onlineprayerchain.com

http://onlineprayerchain.com/prayer/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=75e7f1a00077b446a29bfd378494709c

--------------------
Study to show yourself approved, a workman unto God who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
_ ____ _
My screen name stands for "I am a Friend of The Lord's"

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see this post--->>

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=21&t=000254

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Posts: 21 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.unshackled.org/listen_home.html

www.onlineprayerchain.com

http://onlineprayerchain.com/prayer/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=75e7f1a00077b446a29bfd378494709c

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be praying; I have a dinner with my SSchool teacher (tonight) and I wonder what he will do when he finds out a "weirdo" came to his class??

how do I reference this 19pg report to my SSchool teacher??

btw where would I find out what God had done in someone's life especially recently....

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Posts: 21 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord of your Life. You pray to Him daily and get in to the Word of God (the Bible). Jesus wants a personal relationship with you. We can talk to Him just like a friend. He wants to hear your desires, your dreams, and your fears. I am so happy that you are in Sunday School where you can learn God's Word.
When we become apart of God's family we become new.
Yes, we stil have our old problems but we are no longer handling them alone for God's is with us. He will never forsake you. He loves you more then anyone.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to be hit with this evidence around Easther time!!
(A READY DEFENSE/the resurection of Jesus)

now what am I to do with the evidence??

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(david is it?) the person who listed the proofs of Jssus reserection was concise, to the point, written in terms I could understand, about the leanth I could handle yet I pushed myself to handle time attention wise; good going... I'd like to see more of your posts...

btw us, is there proof outside the Bible?? or if I follow the link will I find some??

sincerely Uncle Bubba

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please it takes me time to prosses, (assimilate) oh bother, learn, I'm not the fastest learner in the family

PLEASE
give me time to go over what has been said here before posting more...

sincerely
uncle bubba... [1zhelp]

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Bubba:
I'm going to this new church as of DEC 06 and the pastor had this statement to make today (Sunday 3/25/07), "The bible is the only hope of man"... I don't know why that is the only statement I remember??

He yelled it in the micorphone and everyone started clapping... WHY??

I guess I don't know as much as I thought?? [Frown]

He was almost right. The Bible is the only book that tells of the hope of man. Jesus Christ is the only hope of man because only in Him is found God's covenant of eternal life.

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us."

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus's Resurrection: Where's the Evidence?

The resurrection. Some might wonder what all the fuss is about, thinking, Who cares? What difference does it make if Jesus rose from the dead? And if he did, where’s the evidence?

First of all, it makes all the difference in the world. If Christ did not rise, then thousands of believers have died as martyrs for a hoax.

If he did rise, then he is still alive and can offer peace to troubled, hurting lives. Countless scholars—among them the apostle Paul, Augustine, Sir Isaac Newton and C.S. Lewis—believed in the resurrection. So we need not fear committing intellectual suicide by believing it also.

Paul, a first-century skeptic, turned believer, wrote that "Christ died for our sins...he was buried...he was raised on the third day...he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve (disciples). After that, he appeared to more than five hundred...at the same time, most of whom are still living" (1 Corinthians 15:3-6).

Now let’s consider the evidence:

1. The explosive growth of the Christian movement. Within a few weeks after Jesus was crucified, a movement arose which, by the later admission of its enemies, "upset the world." What happened to ignite this movement shortly after its leader had been executed?

2. The disciples’ changed lives. After Jesus’ arrest and crucifixion, most of the disciples fled in fear. Peter denied three times that he was a follower of Jesus. (The women were braver and stayed to the end.) Yet ten out of the eleven disciples (Judas committed suicide.) were martyred for their faith. According to tradition, Peter was crucified upside down; Thomas was skewered; John was boiled in oil but survived. What turned these cowards into heroes? Each believed he had seen Jesus alive again.

3. The empty tomb. Jesus’ corpse was removed from the cross, wrapped like a mummy and placed in a solid-rock tomb.

A one-and-a-half to two-ton stone was rolled into a slightly depressed groove to seal the tomb’s entrance.

A "Green Beret"-like unit of Roman soldiers guarded the grave. Sunday morning, the stone was found rolled away, the body was gone, but the grave clothes were still in place. What happened? Did Christ’s friends steal the body?

Perhaps one of the women sweet-talked (karate-chopped?) the guards while the others moved the stone and tiptoed off with the body. Or maybe Peter (remember his bravery) or Thomas (Doubting Thomas) overpowered the guards, stole the body, then fabricated—and died for—a resurrection myth.

These theories hardly seem plausible. The guard was too powerful, the stone too heavy and the disciples too spineless to attempt such a feat.

Did Christ’s enemies steal the body? If Romans or Jewish religious leaders had the body, surely they would have exposed it publicly and Christianity would have died out. They didn’t, and it didn’t.

The "Swoon Theory" supposes that Jesus didn’t really die but was only unconscious. The expert Roman executioners merely thought he was dead. After a few days in the tomb without food or medicine, the cool air revived him.

He burst from the 100 pounds of grave clothes, rolled away the stone with his nail-pierced hands, scared the daylights out of the Roman soldiers, walked miles on wounded feet and convinced his disciples he’d been raised from the dead. This one is harder to believe than the resurrection itself.

4. The appearances of the risen Christ. For 40 days after his death, many different people said they saw Jesus alive. Witnesses included a woman, a shrewd tax collector, several fishermen and over 500 people at once. These claims provide further eyewitness testimony to the resurrection.

As a skeptic myself, I came to realize that attempts to explain away the evidences run into a brick wall of facts that point to one conclusion: Christ is risen.

The above does not constitute an exhaustive proof, rather a reasoned examination of the evidence. Each interested person should evaluate the evidence and decide whether it makes sense. Of course, the truth or falsity of the resurrection is a matter of historical fact and is not dependent on anyone’s belief. If the facts support the claim, one can conclude that he arose. In any case, mere intellectual assent to the facts does little for one’s life.

A major evidence comes experientially in personally receiving Jesus’ free gift of forgiveness. He said, "I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him [or her]" (Revelation 3:20).

Worth considering?

Rusty Wright

also the below link has good information on it:

http://www.greatcom.org/resources/areadydefense/ch20/default.htm

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you lost me somewhere around "how many sins does it take..."

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 26

The Resurrection: Reality, Not Dead Religion
Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. (Act_4:1-2)
The resurrection of Christ is the difference between a dead religion and a personal relationship. Living by resurrection power is the difference between earthly striving and heavenly reality. These differences can be seen in the contrast between the religious authorities of Israel and the disciples of Jesus.
The disciples were proclaiming to the people the wondrous message of the risen Lord Jesus. "They taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead." Such a message infuriated the religious leaders. "The priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, being greatly disturbed." Today, many religious leaders reflect a similar response. In the popular religious world, universalism and skepticism prevail. Each religion is viewed as one more road leading to God. Anything miraculous is unacceptable, as human reasoning reigns supreme. In many religious circles, the resurrection of Jesus Christ is either an object of scoffing or an area of hypocritical compromise.
The Sadducees of old were like this. They would talk about the resurrection, even asking Jesus questions that seemed to affirm that God could raise people from the dead. "Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her" (Mat_22:28). This question followed their scenario in which seven brothers would become the husband of the same woman, through seven death and marriage sequences. What a mockery this question represented. First, it was given in hypocrisy. "The Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him and asked Him" (Mat_22:23). Second, they were unaware of what the scriptures said about such a heavenly matter. "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage" (Mat_22:30). Jesus explained that these religious rationalists made two great errors in their approach. "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God" (Mat_22:29).
We who have been born again by faith in the risen Lord Jesus can err in a similar fashion in our day by day living. We can talk about the resurrection of Jesus, but behave as though it were not an actual reality for Christian living. We can be mistaken, "not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God."
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for Your patience when I profess belief in the resurrection, but live by my inadequate human resources. Help me to understand what the scriptures say about living daily in the power of the resurrection of Christ, Amen.

Many things that man does has a form of godliness, but they deny Jesus, since they deny Jesus and God, godliness potrayed is mingled in sin. Romans chapter 1 talks about man having a form of godliness but are evil minded.

How many sins does it take to make a person a sinner?

answer: Just One

If God is molded to every whim of man, He then is not the God of truth, but only the God of convience or ritual.

In one of my classes I teach I gave this to the students.

If a statement has a part truth in it and has a part of a lie in it, then the statement is at error or false. Now if a statement has bothe parts true, then that statement is true. Now another statement has nother but untruth in it is false, for the truth is not in it. Satan who is the father of sin and beguilement, uses the word of God in false manners perverting the truth. So is the saying how he affected Eve Genesis 3. A form of godliness is rooted in perverseness. Islam for instant is rooted in things similar to Christianity and Judism, however in the Koran it states Christians and Jews are infidels and we must not suffer them to live. In the Koran it speaks of Jesus being only a prophet and that is and a lessor prophet then Mohammand. The Christian bible states one of Jesus' attributes is that he is The Prophet and not a lessor prophet. But Jesus is much more than a Prophet, He is God manifested in the flesh for the propiation of all mankind.

(Rom 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
(Rom 1:17) For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
(Rom 1:18) For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
(Rom 1:19) because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them.
(Rom 1:20) For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse.
(Rom 1:21) Because, knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, neither were thankful. But they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
(Rom 1:22) Professing to be wise, they became fools
(Rom 1:23) and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things.
(Rom 1:24) Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves.
(Rom 1:25) For they changed the truth of God into a lie, and they worshiped and served the created thing more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
(Rom 1:26) For this cause, God gave them up to dishonorable affections. For even their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature.
(Rom 1:27) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another; males with males working out shamefulness, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.
(Rom 1:28) And even as they did not think fit to have God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do the things not right,
(Rom 1:29) being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; being full of envy, murder, quarrels, deceit, evil habits, becoming whisperers,
(Rom 1:30) backbiters, haters of God, insolent, proud, braggarts, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
(Rom 1:31) undiscerning, perfidious, without natural affection, unforgiving, unmerciful;
(Rom 1:32) who, knowing the righteous order of God, that those practicing such things are worthy of death, not only do them, but have pleasure in those practicing them.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were showing that the Bible proofs that Jesus rose from the dead.
Because Jesus rose from the dead, we have hope of eternity in Heaven if we are saved.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this why in SSchool class just after the service they had the 4 groups of people who testify to the resercetion of Jesus Christ?? where did I put that hand out when I brought it home ... ??

The Gaurds...
The Women...
The road to Emaus Men...
The witness of the eleven...

and only one group unwittingly testifies to the resurection... [the Gaurds]

I hope this doesn't vear off topic and I'm not able to find it??

--------------------
uncle Bubba

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Because there is only one God. Jesus is the only way into Heaven. Salvation is faith in Jesus as your Savior and Lord.

Jesus the True Shepherd
10"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers." 6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
Jesus the Good Shepherd
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came *before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
17 "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."

--------------------

Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why would that which appears holy be against something so hopeful??

and what is the hope found in the Bible that makes it the only hope of mankind?

[Confused]

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible has the message that is the hope of all mankind; however governments, lawyers, judges, and yes even parents etc... would like to kill the church, Jesus and Christianity. Even that which gives an appearance to be holy do not recognize Jesus, but will use the bible.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to this new church as of DEC 06 and the pastor had this statement to make today (Sunday 3/25/07), "The bible is the only hope of man"... I don't know why that is the only statement I remember??

He yelled it in the micorphone and everyone started clapping... WHY??

I guess I don't know as much as I thought?? [Frown]

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement