Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Where is the balance?

Author Topic: Where is the balance?
desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being head of a household is also a responsibility God would not want you to neglect. There is explicit direction for husbands to love their wives and children - taking care of their basic needs falls under that.
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinkerbell
First Post
Member # 6380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinkerbell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Brian,

I am new here, but your post touched me. If I might offer my advice - I think if God were clearly calling you to do something, you would not be enduring this internal struggle. You feel like you need to do God's work in this area, but you worry about whether you can provide for your family. When God calls you to do something, he also lays the groundwork.

You might want to try praying and asking God what HE wants you to do. I hope this helps.

Posts: 1 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God can use you on your job. When you do your job to the best of your ablility, you are a walking example of a good Christian man. Being a good husband and a good father is a a testimony of what a good Christian man is. Being the spiritual head of your family is a big responsability for a man. Yes, God does call some men to be ministers but God calls many men to be the best Christian man they can be at work and at home.
hope this helps,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do find the balance between your worldly responsibilities and spiritual ones? Maybe a better way to phrase the question is at what point is my neglection of worldly respinsibilities now a neglection of spiritual ones. For example, quiting my job to minister to transients which then causes my family and I to be evicted and now we live on the street. If this causes my wife or children to stumble, did I do wrong? I'm struggling with this one big time. I just feel like I'm to caught up in worldly concerns like work, financial security, having a house, providing for my family, ect. I'm trying to set my self up to get out of all this, but its basically a two year plan and the two years to make sure that I am able to provide for my family when we move. But I feel like I'm just being usless. I'm having no impact on anyone and my wife is struggling to here, were just unhappy and ineffective. So I'm trying to decide if I should just pack up and go, or stick it out to provide for a more secure future. If it was just me I would be fine living out of my car doing odd jobs to eat, but its altogether different when you have a wife and child your responsible for.

Anyway if I could get some opinions with some biblical support, it would really help me out.

Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement