Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » People unable to repent

Author Topic: People unable to repent
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible does not specifically say whether or not mentally ill people go to heaven. I believe that anyone who is not able to make a decision for salvation is covered by Christ’s death. This is similar to how it is commonly believed that children are automatically taken to heaven when they die until they reach the point in which they are able to make a decision for or against Christ. David had a child die, and he comforted himself with the thought, “Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me” (2 Samuel12:23). David knew that he would see his child in heaven one day. From that statement, we can assume that babies and young children were, by God's grace, covered for salvation by Christ’s death.

I would “guess” that mentally retarded people are “covered” by this principle as well. The Word of God does not specifically say this, however. Knowing the love, grace, and mercy of God, this would seem consistent with His character. I would say that any person who is mentally challenged to the extent that he could not believe in Christ for salvation - that person is saved by the grace and mercy of God.

http://www.gotquestions.org/mentally-challenged.html

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doGon
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kindgo and becauseHElives said they are mentally challenged because of the fall of Adam and Eve. So, a person living today is mentally challenged because of what someone did a long time ago. (and God knew adam and eve would sin ahead of time, but thats a topic for another day). To me, this is the epitome of unfairness.

Also, if someone is mentally challenged or ill because of the fall of Adam and Eve, how come people can become healthy? Many people attribute people getting cured from illness to God. If God is just going to cure them eventually, why did he make them sick in the first place?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When people who are competent fail to repent, it is on them (2 Thess 1:7-9). When people who are mentally challenged fail to repent it is if they are still a child,(Matt 19:13-15) because Jesus himself said do not prevent the children to come unto me. Many adults spend their adult lives to prevent the faith of Jesus because they say it does not make any since at all; however, I beg to different it makes perfect since. It has been said whoever rules Babylon in the end, will rule the world. Interesting to note that all the Middle East conflict is in the present day Babylon named Iraq. That being said, we should propogate the gospel of Jesus, even to the most presionable of minds our children. Remember the Islamic people do that. In reality, Islam teaches to kill Jews and Christians. Islam was founded in 600 A.D. and Christianity and Judism predates Islam by far and was more spread before Islam came about.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?' Gen. 18:25.

doGon, first of all, I truly pray Yahweh open your heart to who He is and how much He really loves you.

Yahweh will not condemn anyone to an eternal hell, which does not have the mental facilities to discern right from wrong or the ability to cry out in desperation to Him. When you know Him, you know how loving and just He is in all things and how easy He has made it for every person ever born to receive the free gift of Salvation through the death of His Son Yeshua.

You ask “Why did God make them this way??”

My understanding is Yahweh did not make them this way. People are born blind, cripple, mentally challenged or deformed because of the fall of Adam and sin entering the earth.

Yeshua when ask why was this man born blind, answered it was not because his parent sinned or he sinned but so the Glory of His Father could be manifest in the earth.

Some say, well if I could only see a miracle, then I would believe, but those same people see the miracles of creation around them everyday and will choose to believe everything came about by a Big Bang instead that there was a Creator.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They "mentally challeneged people" don't have the knowledge of the law.

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful" (Romans 7:7-13).

In this way,mentally challeneged people cannot sin. God will not damn the one who did not even know sin, nor even have an opportunity to sin! Therefore,mentally challeneged people are saved.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever since Adam and Eve fell, mankind has been relentlessly hounded by all manner of ill health. Because sin caused everything to become corrupt, there is nothing extraordinary about people coming down with infirmities. One of the reasons God cursed the earth was to remind us of our fallen spiritual condition.

Anyone who takes an inventory of the medical history of his or her own friends and family will quickly realize that illness is a very common occurrence.

When we're born, we may be the picture of perfect health, but as we get older, our health generally declines. Because there is no lasting cure for any illness in this world, the cleansing of our souls from sin should be our greater priority.

God could very easily cure any disease, but there is always some other ailment to take its place. You would have to inquire of God, himself to find out why He doesn’t heal someone of an illness. If we trust in the Lord, He will work all things out for good.

"For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doGon
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happens to people who are unable to repent, or more specifically, mentally challeneged people. Most of the them lack the mental capacity to understand what Christianity is saying about how they can get to heaven by repentance and faith in God. Do they get a 'free pass' to heaven, or do they go to hell? Why did God make them this way??. I am an atheist, but I am really interested in the answers to these questions....
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement