Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » when is salvation fully received?

Author Topic: when is salvation fully received?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatSouthLand:
God's gift of Salvation is free. It,salvation, is for now. When we recieve a gift from someone for Christmas or a birthday, we recieve it and have the full benifit of it now. Not in time to come. So I believe it is the same with the salvation that Christ offers us. He has paid the price. He has bought our redemption through the cross. Our salvation is now.
I think that it is important to feel saved. To know that you know that you know that should you die today that you would and will be in heaven.

Yes it is of most importance to know you are saved. You are not saved until you are born-again. Walking the isle or repeating a prayer will not save you. You must be born-again. If you are born again you will know it and then you will know you are saved. When one is born-again their life changed like that of a new born baby. You continue to grow closer to the Lord Jesus Christ and He becomes your life. You focus is on Him and not this world. So if you are changing to be more like Jesus and you are getting to know Him more and more, then you can be sure you are born-again and you are saved.

If your life has not changed and you are not becoming more and more like Jesus then you should have a reason to worry. Jesus said, Abide in me, and I in you.

John 15:4-6 (KJV)
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

1 John 3:24 (NKJV)
Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 2:27-28 (KJV)
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

True Christianity is not just another religion. It is not understood by gathering information and by observing ceremonies. It is the life with power, which is directed by the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit. True Christians will mortify their carnality and will be raised in the spirit life. They are lead of the Holy Spirit. Those who are raised with Christ are spiritual Christians. "Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Those who are not lead of the Holy Spirit are not of God, but they are just religious Christians. Receive the Holy Spirit and his power. "John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." Live as a Spirit filled Christian, become the son of God and be blessed.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGreatSouthLand
Community Member
Member # 6062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheGreatSouthLand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God's gift of Salvation is free. It,salvation, is for now. When we recieve a gift from someone for Christmas or a birthday, we recieve it and have the full benifit of it now. Not in time to come. So I believe it is the same with the salvation that Christ offers us. He has paid the price. He has bought our redemption through the cross. Our salvation is now.
I think that it is important to feel saved. To know that you know that you know that should you die today that you would and will be in heaven.

Posts: 10 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm. I am really not much of a proponent of feelings. Feelings are so deceptive. You can feel very saved today and next week find yourself in a pit of despair and the enemy bombarding you with thoughts of doubt and insecurity fear and all manner of terrible things.

Salvation is a difficult thing I think for us to express because we are limited by linear time and space and GOD is timeless... eternal... without beginning or end. Not limited to our demensions.

Here is what I know according to the scripture:

This of course applies to the Born Again:

We are saved now....

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

We are being saved:

Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

We shall be saved

Ro 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mr 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Ga 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

But in Reality.. those that shall be saved, are those that have been saved from the foundation when the blood of the Lamb was shed..

Mt 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Re 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

I actually believe that we are to know that we are saved.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

2Co 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

And yet this confidence... this security... this faith and lack of doubt should never make us to be flip, self confident... we are CHRIST confident... it is our Faith in HIM that allows us to REST.

Paul said:

1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

I dont believe as some do this was fear of being lost to hell, but of being found un-useful to God...of coming to the place that his service to Christ was no longer profitable to the Kingdom and to God. If we mess up our witness then what use are we?

The text he uses following this.. the context speaks of those who died in the wilderness. I think of Moses. Moses did such a great work for GOD... God did such a Great work through Moses and yet in the end, Moses did not get to enter the promised land.. yet we know that Michael himself did contend with the enemy for the Body of Moses. I have no doubt that Moses will be there at the marriage supper of the Lamb. But Moses allowed his flesh to cause him to disobey God and that cost Moses and it cost the people too because Moses was supposed to be sanctifying God in their sight and he failed to do this and it cost him much.

1Co 3:15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

So... I believe that we take the advice of Peter:

2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

and of Paul:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you feel Ok, that is between you and Yahweh!

But you will never be certain until you are admitted into the Kingdom of Yahweh (when mortality has put on immortality.

Until then it is a good idea to check your heart everyday, pray everyday, Lord search me try me, don’t let me be deceived.

The Apostle Paul said examine yourselves (the implication is) everyday see if you are in the Faith.

As long as we are in the flesh, we are subject to sin, repentance needs to be a way of life not just a one time deal.

Here’s hoping with you to find nothing lacking, nothing undone on our part when we stand before Yahweh and to here those words enter in my good and faithful servant

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helpforhomeschoolers wrote in another Topic, "When is salvation fully received?"

And then you state that salvation is not really fully received until the redemption of the body occurs.

My question was, So what about that time INBETWEEN accepting the gift of God, that Jesus paid on the cross the penalty of death for my sins so that I won't have to pay the penalty for my sins anymore" and the "actual redemption of the body" which you say is TRUE salvation.

My question is, I already FEEL SAVED before the redemption of my body, is that okay?

Be blessed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement