Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » A Hypothetical Question

Author Topic: A Hypothetical Question
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hypothetical nonsense apart from religious truth is a waste of one's energy. I would prefer to cook a nice dinner with a good friend.

Be blessed.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Eric;

Your dedication and search for truth is an inspiration. You have based your perspective on the validity of scriptural canon, on the testimony of the proponents of the Coptic.

1) The Old Testament Hebrew scrolls predate the incarnation of Christ by centuries, and in their sacred script are revealed the Messiah of Israel.

2) It was the scroll of Isaiah which the Ethiopean Eunuch was reading from when he encountered Phillip.

3) The scrolls from Qumran have validated the Bible as to the Old Testament and the prophecies which Christ Jesus fulfilled and will fulfill upon His return.

4) The New Testamnet writings in Greek were epistles, letters from apostolic authority to the new Believers spread among the many churches throughout the Roman Empire. In their writings many quotes from the Old Testament scrolls are to be found from both the Septuiagent and the Aramaic which was the common Hebrew language. These were meticulously copied and passed on to other Believers and churches in the early Church which predated Constantine.

5) There are parts of manuscripts which predate Constantine, and the arise in power of the church at Rome.

6) Shortly before A.D. 400 the Roman empire was divided into two parts, the western Roman empire and the eastern or Byzantine empire. Within a century after this division the western empire came to an end, and western Europe sank into a state of near barbarism. The Byzantine empire continued, though often in a greatly weakened state, until A.D. 1453.

For about a thousand years, the Greek language was completely unknown in western Europe, but remained the official language of the Byzantine empire. During this time both portions of the former Roman empire contained many monasteries in which the monks were required to do a certain amount of work each day. One way to fulfill this work requirement was to copy manuscripts. In the western monasteries Latin manuscripts, including the Latin Bible, were copied and recopied by the monks. In the Byzantine monasteries Greek manuscripts were copied, including copies of the Greek Bible. Some of these scribes were greatly interested in what they were copying, but for others the copying was merely an assigned task. In the course of copying, little mistakes invariably come in, so that no two manuscripts of the Latin Bible or of the Greek Bible are exactly the same. During this period, as visitors passed from one Byzantine monastery to another, and manuscripts were interchanged from time to time, the tendency naturally developed to bring the manuscripts into harmony with one another. Where early manuscripts differed slightly there was a tendency to combine the readings. Thus there developed a text which is found, with many variations, in the manuscripts copied in the Byzantine empire in the later middle ages.

The Word of God has been supernaturally preserved down through the ages. The Masoretic text was confirmed when the Dead Sea Scrolls were unearthed at Qumran. The Word is a Book of unity, with the thoughts and authorship confirmed and reflective of God's will and eternal love for His precious children.

It is the Lord Jesus Christ who is revealed from Genesis to Revelation, the Alpha and the Omega, the Lamb of God, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and to who each one must turn for the redemption which God has provided. Each is solely responsioble before the Throne of Glory for what they have done with the name of Jesus in their heart.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Byron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
[QB] 1) There are no "lost" gospels. They were gnostic in origin and did not meet the criteria in either inspiration, substance, authorship.

The "lost books" were never lost. They were known by the Jews in Old Testament times and the Christians of the New Testament times and were never considered scripture. They weren't lost nor were they removed. They were never in the Bible in the first place.

I have studied faith, religion for... well all my life. I've read the Bible. The Koran, The Book of Ibon. Several gospels of Christ that never made it into the Bible when Constantine first decided to put the big book together (So to a certain point your right).

Some of which had a take the Jesus has a more human side to him other than the more all power divine being you find with the pages of the modern Bible most people know.

Jesus Christ was a historical figure of staggering influence. Perhaps the most enigmatic and inspirational leader the world has ever seen. As the prophesied messiah, Christ toppled Kings, inspired millions and founded new philosophies. His life was recorded by thousands of followers across the land. More than eight gospels were considered for the new testament and yet only a relative few were chosen for inclusion.

The fundamental irony of Christianity is that the Bible of today was collate by the pagan Roman emperor Constantine the Great. Who as a life long pagan was only baptized on his deathbed when he was too weak to protest. In his day Rome's official religion was sun worship. The cult of Sol Invictus, or the Invincible Sun.

It is because of Constantine that a great many pagan ritual and images have now become canonized into Christianity. Like the Egyptian sun disk became halos of Christ's saints. The pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son became the blue print for the Virgin Mary nursing Jesus.

The Bible as most know it came about at a gathering known as the Council of Nicaea. It was there that many voted just what would be part of the Bible and what would not. As well as various dates of holy events. Such as Christ being born in December 25th, when Easter would fall and so on.

But the really big one was it was there that the divinity of Christ as the Son of God was decided. Up until then Christ was viewed by his followers as a mortal man. The establishment of Jesus being the "Son of God" was officially proposed and voted on by the Council of Nicaea. And from what I have read it was a very close vote.

After that anyone who said otherwise was often called a heretic or out to death. Any text that were found that went against this vision of the new growing faith of Christianity were destroyed.

But some have survived over the years. Like the Coptic Scrolls in 1945 at Nag Hammadi. You can read some of it here
http://www.stshenouda.com/coptman/coptmss1.htm

Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Byron:
As an outsider in matter of faith. I have read the Bible. Yet for myself it is not the define work of God. Although I do accept that it is for many people. I;ve spent year studding some of the lost gospels which make me question things.

I guess what from my point of view that always gets to me if a feeling that its never enough.... It's not enough to believe that Christ died for you. It's not enough if you turn you life over to God.

For a time I almost became born again. I turned my life over to Christ.... But then came a lot of other things. Like I did not vote for the republicans.... So I was told I was not a Christian. I support pro-choice.... Again I was told I was not a Christian.

In the end I came to believe that I would never fit in and gave up

My kids make mistakes all the time. They're still my children.

My children, even after being taught correctly, do the wrong thing. They're still my children.

Recently God convicted me about my voting tendencies. He asked "If your yeses are yeses and no's are no's then is it okay for you to vote for a man who's ideas you do not entirely agree with?" [Confused] It took Him many years to bring me to a place where He could teach me that.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) There are no "lost" gospels. They were gnostic in origin and did not meet the criteria in either inspiration, substance, authorship.

Lost Books

The "lost books" were never lost. They were known by the Jews in Old Testament times and the Christians of the New Testament times and were never considered scripture. They weren't lost nor were they removed. They were never in the Bible in the first place.
The additional books were not included in the Bible for several reasons. They lacked apostolic or prophetic authorship, they did not claim to be the Word of God; they contain unbiblical concepts such as prayer for the dead in 2 Macc. 12:45-46; or have some serious historical inaccuracies.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What you do with Christ is the imperative.

Being a Believer is not based upon political affiliation.

Being a Believer is having a true relationship with Christ Jesus our Lord, and allowing the very indwelling presence of God to move in our hearts and lives.

The Believer wil evidence fruit production, no matter how small at first:

Gal. 5:
22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23: Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25: If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26: Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Seek after the Lord Jesus Christ. Study His Word from the Holy Bible. Develop a prayer life, and walk in felowship with the Master.

Know that His Word is true, and in it is revealed the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Do not allow the opinions or teachings of man to take a higher precedent over His Word.

2 Timothy 3:
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Byron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an outsider in matter of faith. I have read the Bible. Yet for myself it is not the define work of God. Although I do accept that it is for many people. I;ve spent year studding some of the lost gospels which make me question things.

I guess what from my point of view that always gets to me if a feeling that its never enough.... It's not enough to believe that Christ died for you. It's not enough if you turn you life over to God.

For a time I almost became born again. I turned my life over to Christ.... But then came a lot of other things. Like I did not vote for the republicans.... So I was told I was not a Christian. I support pro-choice.... Again I was told I was not a Christian.

In the end I came to believe that I would never fit in and gave up

Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and No.

It all depends upon how DEEP you believe.

It's not just a light: I believe with my mind level of belief.

The word believe in application of the gospel is an ACTION word.

That's why Scripture says REPENT and believe.

Mark 1:14-15
Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God,
and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

Repent means to change direction, a life changing direction from living for self to living for God.

The Bible does not use the word Christian but twice, the were called DISCIPLES (followers) of Jesus, they were also called followers of the way (following after the way Jesus lived and led)

Here's some of what Jesus says about being a disciple of His.

Matthew 16:24-26
(24) Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
(25) "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
(26) "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

John 8:31-32
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

God's bar for belief is higher than many people would like.

A good start would be to reduce your tv, computer playing time (denying self), and start reading His word more and more, then learn to fall in love with God and His word.
As you do you will find your heart and life will be changed.

I noticed from your profile you are just a few years younger than me, in fact you are at the same age that I accepted Christ, and He became my life.

PM me and we can talk more directly.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Eric, Just believing is not enough. Please read James chapter 2. Verse 19 says

You Believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe and tremble!

verse 26

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith (believing) without works is dead also.

Please read the entire chapter. I hope this helps. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

Okay now this is where things get kind of confusing for me so bear with me.

Now what I do not understand is this. Christ died for all and he loves us. But we have to accept him. But a lot of the time it seems there is some confusion on what it means to accept Christ. If you believe that Christ died for your sins is that accepting him? Is that enough?

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

QUOTE]Originally posted by Caretaker:

There is not one righteous before God. When one comes by faith to the Lord Jesus Christ, then it is His righteousness which declares us to be righteous.

There is NOTHING anyone can do to make themselves accaptable before God. There is ONLY ONE way to God and that is through Christ Jesus and His Blood is the ONLY atonement for our sin.

[QUOTE]

So when Christ died he took the sins of the world upon him. And the sins of mankind were forgiven?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Christ died for all but the pardon must be received. Those who reject Christ are condemned already.

22: Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24: Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26: To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Caretaker:

There is not one righteous before God. When one comes by faith to the Lord Jesus Christ, then it is His righteousness which declares us to be righteous.

There is NOTHING anyone can do to make themselves accaptable before God. There is ONLY ONE way to God and that is through Christ Jesus and His Blood is the ONLY atonement for our sin.

[QUOTE]

So when Christ died he took the sins of the world upon him. And the sins of mankind were forgiven?

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Well here is a question. It's said that all have fallen short in the eyes of God... Or something like that. Basically I got we have all sinned and not doing so great.

So by that merit does everything that humans touch have faults to lesser or greater degrees?

Or do we ever achieve total perfecting in ourselves and our works from time to time?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Romans 3:
22: Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
24: Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26: To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 6:
22: But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Those who reject Christ stand condemned already, and are without excuse before God:

John 3:
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:
8: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

Well here is a question. It's said that all have fallen short in the eyes of God... Or something like that. Basically I got we have all sinned and not doing so great.

So by that merit does everything that humans touch have faults to lesser or greater degrees?

Or do we ever achieve total perfecting in ourselves and our works from time to time?

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Amen Walt!!

The questions posed had the flavor of the universalist perspective:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.carm.org/uni/universalism.htm

Universalism is the teaching that all people will be saved. Some say that it is through the atonement of Jesus that all will ultimately be reconciled to God. Others just say that all will go to heaven sooner or later, whether or not they have trusted in or rejected Jesus as savior during their lifetime. This universal redemption will be realized in the future where God will bring all people to repentance. This repentance can happen while a person lives or after he has died and lived again in the millennium (as some "Christian universalists" claim) or some future state. Additionally, a few universalists even maintain that Satan and all demons will likewise be reconciled to God.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All religions get you to God.
Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Amen Walt!!!!

The questions are foolishness, and one wonders if the author embraces a universalist perspective.

What is a universalist perspective?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Amen Walt!!!!

The questions are foolishness, and one wonders if the author embraces a universalist perspective.

There is only ONE way to God and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the ONLY WAY, ONLY TRUTH, ONLY LIFE, and any who teach otherwise are deceivers.

The only redemption for sinners is found in Christ Jesus, and those who turn from the way of Jesus Christ are already condemned:

John 3:
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The only salvation is through the Cross of Christ, and the truth as revealed in His Word, the Holy Bible.

Any who teach another way, another christ, contrary to God's Word is a deceiver, an anti-christ, and teaching doctrines of demons. Woe unto them that follow these wolves in sheep's clothing for they lead unto utter and eternal damnation.

Matt. 7:
15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19: Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Our Lord withstood the temptations of satan, countered the wiles of the devil by quoting, it is written:

Matt. 4:
3: And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4: But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5: Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6: And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7: Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8: Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9: And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10: Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

It is written:

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 1:
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8: He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11: He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 3:
14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Acts 2:
36: Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41: Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42: And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Romans 3:

Romans 10:
9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2 Tim. 3:
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

May God so bless His precious children, who through the spirit of adoption become His children ONLY through Christ Jesus our Lord, redeemed solely by the Blood of the Lamb.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Yahweh ALREADY passed judgement on satan and his ilk - G U I L T Y

Yahweh has ALREADY handed out the sentence to them - E T E R N A L - D A M N A T I O N - with NO apeal possible.

The sentence just hasn't been carried out YET

So it's TO LATE to satan and the fallen angels.

It's a useless waste of time to ponder such ideas.
They don't build-up faith, or have ANY truthful answers.
We could wonder day after day things like these or other "what ifs" like Adam not sinning or cows flying.

Ephesians 5:15-17
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,
making the most of your time, because the days are evil.
So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on THESE things.

Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
God could forgive his sin but not remove the penalty of his sin because Jesus died for man and not the angel. Satan is a fallen angel.

So God could forgive him. But he would burn anyways.

Could God not allow him to return to heaven anyways?

Or does even God have limitations on what he can and can not do?

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God could forgive his sin but not remove the penalty of his sin because Jesus died for man and not the angel. Satan is a fallen angel.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

Interesting answers... To be honest I did not know what to expect from the question. In one respect Jesus made such a sacrifice so sins could be forgiven. He gave of himself so all may have the chance to go to heaven. In a way this was something similar. Would others do the same so all could go to heaven.

In my own case, I know I do not have such greatness within me... So I guess I would turn God down.

Yet at the same time, if I made it to heaven, could I be truly comfortable knowing that all those who burn in the lake of fire could have been saved had I chosen to sacrifice myself for them as Christ had done for me?

But as I said. It's a hypothetical question.

And here is another.... If Satan repented of his sins and truly wanted to follow in the way of the lord....

Would God forgive him?

hovel
Member # 5419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hovel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

Simply because the offer would go against
everything that is Judgement Day.

As God is a God of love, He is also one of Justice. What Justice would there be if
Heaven was replete with unrepentent, unapologetic
sinners that revel and relish in their
sinful natures with pride?

It would no longer be Heaven.

It would be earth again.

Why in the world would I want to suffer

an eternity in hell for something as ridiculous

as that?

This line of thinking you posted in curiosity
reminds me of an old saying "would God create
a rock that he couldn't destroy?"

The answer to that is that God is too busy
to be playing games with himself, and more
concerned about the ones he love, which is
all of us, if we choose to believe.

Posts: 6 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

My answer to your hypothetical question is YES.

I know what a vile sinner I am, and that I have fallen so far short of the Glory of God that I am fully deserving of the Lake of fire anyway. This way I could save all of those who I failed to witness to in the 11 years when I was running from God.

Praise the Lord that He redeems the most vile of sinners who turn their hearts to Him.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Byron:
""offer

\\

By the LordGod what has been taught you?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably not! However thank God, Salvation isn't depended on me. I hate the affects that fire have !
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

Lets say God comes before you and make an offer. All the souls who have ever lived and ever will live will get to go to heaven. Regardless of whether they have repented or come to the lord or not.

The catch is one person has to go to hell for all eternity.... And sadly that person would be you. You would be there all alone for all eternity in the endless lake of fire.

Now what I want to know is would you do this? Would you sacrifice your eternity so all would live in heaven or not?

I am simply currious.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement