Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » The church and homosexuality

Author Topic: The church and homosexuality
studious
Community Member
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for studious   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a free country. Any collection of any size of people can clang their bells and none can force them to use certain names. They can chime away and get politicians to make the truth and its proclaiming a crime. But, when the dust has settled, the living will die, and the dead will be in the hands of the Creator.
It is odd, to me, that some people obviously have no love for the Republic, but prefer an unlimited democracy with alienable rights based upon the whimsy of public opinion. So the ancient crime of sodomy becomes no crime while Bible belief is made one.

None dare call it treason.

And churches claiming to be christian who negate all the doctrines are nothing but houses of ill repute, no better than previous red light districts, and the spirit in them is not a Christian nature.

They better enjoy themselves now because it ends for such fools at the graveside.

Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would use the word 'heresey' rather than apostasy, but it's a question of semantics

quote:
Originally posted by NLP:
Also do you know what "mainstream" denominations are doing this? If you are against it why do you think these Churches are allowing it?

I'm sorry to say parts of the Anglican communion are at the head of this

quote:
Originally posted by NLP:

Do they follow a different bible, one I haven't seen yet that omits all subject regarding homosexuality? I have never asked but still scratch my head wondering where they see in God Word the authority to do it?
Sorry for so many questions, but I would like some input on his if anyone knows the reasoning behind it.

No, they are reading the same book. Their argument, is I remember it correctly, is that the laws of the old testament (except the 10 commandments, as they came directly from God) have been superceeded by the coming of Jesus and the creation of the new covenant. In the same way that Jesus removed the old laws (such as those regarding the 'uncleanliness' of things), the law against homosexual acts was removed as well. There are passages in the New Testament that cover homosexual acts, but their argument is that Jesus is never quoted as forbidding homosexuality himself, it was the apostles writing to different churches and that this is a prejudice that has run over from their Jewish upbringing.

I think this is accurate - though there are probably other justifications given by those churches involved.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every confidence, every love, every devotion that is not based on a personal relationship to God will be reprobate, not only in the experience of the individual, but in the history of the world. God will demonstrate to us in His patient way that if we are building on anything less than Jesus Christ it will prove useless, because we have banked on the wrong thing (see 1 Corinthians 3:10-15; 9:27).

Quote by Oswald Chambers

::::::::::::

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 4:3 through 2 Timothy 4:4 (KJV)

:::::::::::::::::::

I believe this is happening now. The people have called to themselves preachers that are in the ministry for the money and will do whatever it takes to make the people happy. That is the effect of the modern day feel good gospel. It is sending many down the broad road to hell.

We must stay in the word of God the bible and not place our faith in men!

Jesus is coming and we need to place our eyes on Him and Him only. Read the bible and know it for yourself and don't take any mans word for it.

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. - 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

Know life eternal, know Jesus Christ.

What we do in life will echo through out eternity!

FREEDOM!!!! is in Jesus Christ the only way.

BONDAGE is in Satan and hell forever and ever.

Make the right choice today.

Praise to our Lord Jesus Christ the King of Kings!

\0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apostasy.

Rejection of the Word as the ultimate guidlines of faith and practice.

When truth becomes arbitrary, then the foundation becomes shifting sand.

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new here, so I don't really know what you think about it but I have to ask.
Do you think it is ok for the church to not only recognize homosexuality but even perform marriages? Also do you know what "mainstream" denominations are doing this? If you are against it why do you think these Churches are allowing it? Do they follow a different bible, one I haven't seen yet that omits all subject regarding homosexuality? I have never asked but still scratch my head wondering where they see in God Word the authority to do it?
Sorry for so many questions, but I would like some input on his if anyone knows the reasoning behind it.

FYI, I am strongly against these actions, I have read the Bible and know what is right and wrong according to God, so please if you think it is OK do not try to persuade me otherwise.

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement