Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » does Jesus choose His followers?

Author Topic: does Jesus choose His followers?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him. - John 14:21

Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV)
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Jesus daw you nearer to Him? I do believe He does. If you take one step toward Him, He will run two steps to you. All He asks is you to be true to Him

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan29
Advanced Member
Member # 5761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Kindgo. This is a lot of take in. I'm going to take some time to read this and do some more research. If you find other links that would be helpful, please send them. Thanks.

Nan

Posts: 38 | From: New York | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings sisters, [hug]

Nan Jesus is coming soon,when Jesus talked to the disciples he used the analogy of the Wedding.

I believe Jesus is preparing His bride, thats why the sudden draw for alot of Christians. Our spirit knows the time is soon.
Here is a study you might like.

The Bride and Bridegroom
http://www.ldolphin.org/risk/ult.shtml

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan29
Advanced Member
Member # 5761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I almost feel as if He is leading towards knowing Him more. I wanted to see if there was something in scripture that I could reflect on. I feel very excited about it and you're right, the more I know Him, the more I want to learn more and the more I love Him.
Posts: 38 | From: New York | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nan29

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

It is God that first draws the sinner to himself. God's purpose througout the scripture is to have man know HIM.

Once we become believers we we are reconcilled to God's life where we were once estranged by sin.. we now have a relationship with HIM that the scriptures liken to the earthly relationship of marriage in which two people become one flesh and one life.

Can you imagine being in love and married to someone and not wanting to spend time with them? Not wanting to know all that there is to know of them?

Not only is this most certainly God working, but it is a sign of your growing in Christ... the scriptures say that the carnal man does not know, cannot know and has no desire to know the things of God.

The exciting thing is that the more you know of HIM the more you will love HIM and your faith will be strengthened.

So this question is actually a testimony! It blessed me today to hear it. My each and every day of this life be a day that you desire to KNOW HIM More and to draw closer to HIM!

[clap2] Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. [clap2]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan29
Advanced Member
Member # 5761

Icon 17 posted      Profile for nan29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if anyone can answer this, but does Jesus draw certain people to Him? I've always been a believer but lately I feel drawn to Him in ways that I've never felt before. I feel I want to know Him and learn as much as possible about Him. I started reading the Bible which I've never really done before. Is He calling to me in a way? Is there anything in scripture that says Jesus does this?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement