Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Questions

Author Topic: Questions
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we were all made by God like Adam, we would sill have sinned. We cannot be perfect. With the freedom of choice, comes the freedom to choose badly. The only way that we would have a chance to be perfect would have been to be born with out the freedom of choosing. As a parent, I love that my children can choose to love me or not. True love comes from a heart that chooses to love.
God did not want robots us children, He wanted children who would choose to love Him from their own free will.
One day we will be out of these imperfect bodies. Until then we must lean on Jesus for guidance.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn
Member # 5714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
God makes it possible to know you are drowning) that you may chose to grab hold of his life line
My question would be: Why did God toss me in the water in the first place by allowing me to be born with a sinful nature?

To give me a fair choice, allow me to be born without the sinful nature inherited from Adam and Eve.

--------------------
I am a seeker. I question everything.

Posts: 5 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure I understand your question Glen.

What I was trying to explain is that according to the scripture, God calls and draws man to HIM.. this is a grace, and God also gives man the ability to see his sinful nature and the futility of his ways (God makes it possible to know you are drowning) that you may chose to grab hold of his life line.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn
Member # 5714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thus God levels the playing field that you can choose in spite of your sin
Due to our sinful nature, we don't want to do anything Gods way. We want to do it our way - apart from God. So how can the playing field really be level?

How fair can the choice be If I'm fighting a sinful nature?

--------------------

Posts: 5 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
truthwillsetufree
Member # 5708

Icon 15 posted      Profile for truthwillsetufree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regard to saying that Jesus contradicts the Old Testament please consider that in Mark 2, Jesus said in the days of Abiathar, the high priest and in and in 1 Samuel he calls Ahimelech, a priest (not a high priest). Just some food for thought.....
Posts: 5 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, HE does. Because sin makes it that you do not desire the things of God and cannot be subject to the law of God and cannot know or understand the the things of God... but God extends to man grace that even though he is tainted by sin he can hear the Gospel of Christ, know that God is and know man's own sin and repent. Thus God levels the playing field that you can choose in spite of your sin.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn
Member # 5714

[/QUOTE]First of all. Adam's sin is inherited. Thus it becomes your sin and mine. It is passed through the flesh.[/QUOTE]

How fair is that? Why not give each of us the same sinless nature that Adam & Eve had? Let us make our choice without being already tainted by sin?

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I also wanted to address this one as it relates to the first one that I already have addressed:

quote:
Where is the justice in punishing us for Adam's sin? The Bible itself says that children will not be punished for the parents' sins (Deuteronomy 24:16).
First of all. Adam's sin is inherited. Thus it becomes your sin and mine. It is passed through the flesh. However, the scriptures teach that Jesus died for the sins of the world... not just the sins of those that are justified and go on to be sanctified and glorified and have eternal life.

See the problem is that you and I only have one life. The wages of sin are death and if I could give my own life for the sin of my own that I commit in this life I do not have another to give for the sin that I inherited.

Jesus by propitiation gave HIS life for the sin that I inheritied; that allows me to be justly damned for the sin of my own.

In this way those who are without Christ do not go on to eternal life. But they do neither suffer punishment for sin that is not their own. As I said above your own sin will damn you if you live long enough.

This by the way is also how God is just to have mercy and grace on babies that do not live long enough to commit their own sins or be accountible for their own sins.

Christ is not only the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world, but Christ is also risen from the dead because he himself was innocent and had no sin of his own.. so God raised him from the dead and thus for those of us who believe he is also the hope of our also rising to eternal life.

So you see that there is more for the just... eternal life.

But for the unjust there is payment of sin... the sin of Adam inherited. Thus the damned are justly damned for their own sins.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I agree that your questions would better be posted individually for the best response.
I will adress this first one here:

quote:
Freedom to choose is given to man by God. Man has two main choices:

1) accept the Love of God and, upon death, go to paradise for eternity.

2) Refuse God and, upon death, just die, be utterly damned.

How is that freedom of choice when it is the same thing as a gun to your head?

God does not have a gun to any one's head. God has a life line extended to you. You and I and every human being born of women is already damned and bound for hell.

We all inheritied sin from Adam, and if we life long enough to manifest it, that sin will eventually lead us to do or commit our own sins and those sins damn us to both death of this body and punishment for sin in the fires of ghenna (hell) where there is weeping and wailing and gnashng of teeth and eternal separation from God in the lake of fire that burns forever and ever.

You choice is to believe that God does not desire this for you and extends to you a life line through the shed blood of Jesus whom God sent to pay the price of sin with HIS life that you have life abundant and ever lasting life, or to continue on the course that you are on which leads to hell.

If you were drowning and I threw you a line, you would not feel that there was a gun to your head you would know well that you had a choice not to drown. If you see this as God holding a gun to your head, it is because you do not believe that you are drowning. You if you have not Christ and are not born again of God are drowning! I know because I once was drowning too.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn I believe you will get better results on answers for your questions if you post each as a new topic.

It is hard to keep track of all the questions you ask in one post.

Try breaking them up and I am sure you will get answers.

Thank you,
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn
Member # 5714

I have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

Freedom to choose is given to man by God. Man has two main choices:

1) accept the Love of God and, upon death, go to paradise for eternity.

2) Refuse God and, upon death, just die, be utterly damned.

How is that freedom of choice when it is the same thing as a gun to your head?

Why aren't Christians doing greater works than Jesus did, (raising the dead, moving mountains, etc.) since he himself said they would (John 14:12)?

Why wasn't there a 40-year period in Egypt's history when the whole land was devoid of people and animals, as prophesied by Ezekiel (Ezekiel 29:11-12)?

Where is the justice in punishing us for Adam's sin? The Bible itself says that children will not be punished for the parents' sins (Deuteronomy 24:16).

Why does the church say God did not create evil, when he himself claims that he did in Isaiah 45:7, Lamentations 3:38, and Amos 3:6?

Why does God expressly take credit for creating disabilities (Exodus 4:11)? If these are God's doing, then why does the evangelical church insist that disabilities are the result of the fall, or of Satan's work?

Why would a loving, omnipotent, benevolent god cause people to believe falsehoods so that he can condemn them (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12)?

How can it be that Jesus contradicts the Old Testament (1 Samuel 21-22), saying that Abiathar gave David the showbread instead of Ahimelech, and saying that David had men with him, when he was actually alone (Mark 2:25-26)?

Exodus 33:20 states: "And he said, ‘Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." This verse is confirmed by John 1:18, which states, "No man hath seen God at any time." Yet there are instances in which the contrary is recorded: Exodus 33:11 states, "And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to a friend."
Job 42:5 states, "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."

There are many religions among human populations on earth representing claims of many different gods. Each of these religions assert that their god(s) is the one true deity. How can one rationally demonstrate the existence of the god(s) of their choice while simultaneously offering arguments countering rival god-belief claims without committing oneself to contradictions or inconsistencies in the process?

If you are a Christian and you ‘make it’ to heaven, what will you feel if you do not find one or both of your parents there? If you make it to heaven, but your mother or your father, or both, or other close loved ones, do not make it to heaven, will you be able to enjoy complete happiness? If you know that your best friend is burning in hell forever without any chance for being ‘paroled’ or released, will you be able to enjoy complete happiness? If so, how would this knowledge not make a difference to your emotional life in heaven?

Thanks very much.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement