Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Called to preach, what's next?

Author Topic: Called to preach, what's next?
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you wparr, I believe that I should just keep doing what I'm doing and pray the Lords will be done in my life.

May the Lord bless you brother

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother keep up the House Bible study, that's how it was done in Acts.

That's how it's being done in places like China, Korea, India, Pakistan ect.

That's what America is turning back to, it's a growing move of God/

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I just wanted some Godly advice on a decision that had been laid at me feet.

Thank you for your help, your post was helpful.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read your first question and answered it.

Did you have a preconceived answer you were wanting to hear?

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Right now I'm teaching in an in home bible study, and I have been evangelizing in ministry for a while now, and I preach at local churches when I'm called.

I try to serve the Lord in whatever the need happens to be at the time.

Again you guys are trying to insinuate that I'm trying to branch off and start a new church. There is no new church, there is only Christ's church.

I'm not about division, I'm about unity of God's children. The Lord said that a house divided would not stand, but I don't believe that worshiping in a different building is division. The division that the Lord speaks of is division of Spirit, not of building. God does not live in temples built by hands.

Acts 17:24) He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn't live in man-made temples.

The Spirit of God lives in His children, not in buildings, and He inhabits our praises no matter what structure we are in.

Thanks for the help.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Aaron, you're not off your rocker. And you're right on top of this subject. The "Church" is indeed the Body. I did not mean to imply he should start a religious institution. It was a broad, generalized answer.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bob:
If your calling is to be a teacher then start a church.

Perhaps I'm being nit-picky here but why not teach and let the Lord bring the people to you? Why must one "start a church" in order to exercise his/her gift? This was my contention from the beginning: we have a propensity to qualify active gifts only within the confines of "our" accepted organized structure. i.e. a pastor cannot function outside of the institutional structure of "a church".

If "church" is "saints", and it is, and the gifts from God are given to the saints for the saints then all one needs to use his/her gifts is saints, wherever they may be and on whatever day you should find them.

Am I off my rocker here? [Confused]

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What we need are churches with teaching pastors because it should be the churches job to build up and prepare the Believers to "...be witnesses...".
What a novel concept! The church a place where BELIEVERS prepare to witness! Pastors who teach in the church and evangelists who evangelize outside the church!!!! You have been reading your Bible I can tell!!!! [hug]

You made my night twice tonight Chaplain Bob! God Bless!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you a teacher or evangelist?

What we need are churches with teaching pastors because it should be the churches job to build up and prepare the Believers to "...be witnesses...". If your calling is to be a teacher the start a church.

If you believe you are called to be an evangelist then don't start a church - book meeting halls.

We already have more than enough churches that are ineffective at "growing the Believers" because their preachers want to evangelize.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

What I'm asking is, how will I know that the calling into the pulpit is from God, and not man.
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by HE LIVES:
I'm not pushing to start a church, what I said was that others are asking to start a church with me, and call me as pastor. I'm the one who's not sure about it, and that's why I'm asking advice.

The people that are asking this are people that know me and have heard me preach at area churches.

Again, I'm not pushing anything, I'm waiting for God to push it. So, that's what I was asking, is the fact that these people are asking me to do this, is that God's way of saying let get to work?

It sounds like work is already being done.

But how will you know if it is the Lord's work? Is this your question?

Aaron

HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

I'm not pushing to start a church, what I said was that others are asking to start a church with me, and call me as pastor. I'm the one who's not sure about it, and that's why I'm asking advice.

The people that are asking this are people that know me and have heard me preach at area churches.

Again, I'm not pushing anything, I'm waiting for God to push it. So, that's what I was asking, is the fact that these people are asking me to do this, is that God's way of saying let get to work?

Aaron
unregistered

Why the push for "starting a church"? Perhaps the teacher needs to instruct about the scourge of division. [Smile]

Aaron

HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

quote:
First things: You cannot have a church of your own. Ownership is exclusive to the Lord.
I know who the church belongs to, for if it wasn't His I wouldn't go.

quote:
If you have been gifted to teach and are being lead to pastor then I would wonder what your pastor would say...you do have a pastor, right?
Three of the men that are encouraging me are pastors, and two of the three have been my pastor.

quote:
To finish, a warning: God does not delight in tribalism in the church. He does not need another church. Be care with this lest you find yourself, at the onset, in contention with His design for the Body of Christ.
That's the whole point, I want the children of God to be united, and stop pointing fingers at one another. We need to understand that the same blood that covers our sins covers our brothers sins too, and that a severed body will not live.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by HE LIVES: I have had several people tell me that if I had my own church that they would attend that church.
First things: You cannot have a church of your own. Ownership is exclusive to the Lord.

Second: Preaching/teaching does not necessarily qualify one for pastoring and this is what the people are implying. Also, not all pastors have the gift of teaching and visa versa. If you have been gifted to teach and are being lead to pastor then I would wonder what your pastor would say...you do have a pastor, right?

To finish, a warning: God does not delight in tribalism in the church. He does not need another church. Be care with this lest you find yourself, at the onset, in contention with His design for the Body of Christ.

I have some materials that may help you if you want them. Just ask and I'll send them to you via email... encouraging_you@yahoo.com

Aaron

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks David for linking us to that sermon. I listened to the whole sermon about Ten Shekels and a shirt.

What I got out of it was in my flesh I am nothing without the HOLY SPIRIT. I was ( a long time ago) and forever now convicted of my filthy sins that HIS Blood was shed for at the cross. There for the sake of Jesus I will keep going on and give HIM the glory HE deserves. It isn't what I do for HIM but only what HE has done and is doing ......... I will praise HIM and thank HIM forever. God please show and help me get the log out of my own eyes instead of seeing the specks in others' eyes.

Thanks again [Smile]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck,

Without knowing what you are preaching it would be hard to give advice on this.

We have way too many preachers, preaching today that were not called but are in it for the money. They are good public speakers, but they are leading God's people in the wrong direction and they will answer to God for this on Judgement Day.

We do need true born-again believing preachers taht preach the cross of Christ and NOT the feel good moderen day Gospel that is about ones self and how much they can get from God.

Life is about knowing Jesus and serving Him not the other way around.

If you are out to tell the world about Jesus Christ and they should give their life to Him then you can not go wrong do so. We need good preachers that are out only to server our King Jesus Christ.

I suggest you listen to the below and then see if you are on the right track:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt
http://www.heargoodnews.org/mp3/10-shirt.m3u

Hell's Best Kept Secret
http://www.livingwaters.com/learn/hellsbestkeptsecret.htm

True and False Conversions
http://www.livingwaters.com/learn/trueandfalse.htm

My God bless you to know Him better,
David Campbell

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

I have been preaching at different churches in my area for about two years now. I have had several people tell me that if I had my own church that they would attend that church. I even had a friend come to me about starting a church, but I don't know how to start a church. People keep telling me that I'm bound to preach, and I know that the Lord has called me, but I'm not sure to what office he has called me. Should I take the fact that people are telling me that I need to be preaching, as a word from God to come on and stop messing around?

Thanks for any help.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement