Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Are you spending too much time on the internet and the computer?

Author Topic: Are you spending too much time on the internet and the computer?
saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I have a good book to read I am not on the computer so much.But if I don't have a book(I don't watch television) I think I am on the computer too much.<><

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je_suis_aimee723
Community Member
Member # 5583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for je_suis_aimee723   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
I was just wondering if anyone here feels that they spend too much time on the internet and on their computer?

Does your family resent the time away from them?

Does God?

I probably do... it is something I prolly need to work on

--------------------
"We are what we pretend to be so be careful what you pretend to be" -Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 10 | From: Boulder, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whether we spend too much time on the Internet and/or computer depends on what we do on it.

when I was on vacation at my girlfriend's house, I was participating on her computer at CBBS, but she was watching "Cops" and wanted me to come and sit next to her.

I told her I would but that I cannot watch that type of stuff if she wants me to sit with her. [happyhappy]

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hzdshow
Member # 5568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hzdshow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
中新网3月9日电 《瞭望》周刊刊载中央民族大学法学院教授熊文钊的文章指出,为了规范编制行为, 445;障规划的科学性翻译公司,国务院责成有关部门研究起草了《规划编制条例》,对规划编制的前期准备工作及 854;酝酿、起草、衔接、论证、批准、公布和修订等各个环节的程序作出明确规定,目前 杭州网站建设,编制条例已列入国务院立法计划。礼品|礼品公司租车|上海租车汽车租赁|上海汽车租赁电动机
文章称,“十一五”规划的编制工作正是按照上述条例的要求开展的杭州网络公司,而此前中国已经编制的十个五年计划,大多是按惯例编制mba gmat
中国的规划体系分为国家规划、省级规划、市县级三级规划和总体规划、专项规划、 306;域规划、城市规划四类。目前国家、省、市县三级都在编制的“十一五”规划,包括总߮ 7;规划和专项规划。机票|打折机票|特价机票|国际机票深圳鲜花上海租车|汽车租赁花店中央空调翻译公司速达软件 上海网站建设
国家总体规划由国务院提出,国务院发展规划主管部门具体负责编制,省市县各级总 307;规划分别由对应的各级人民政府发展规划部门具体负责编制。投资创业
  对幅员辽阔、区域发展不平衡、地区性差异大的中国而言,做好各级各类规划的" 900;接协调,是保障各级各类规划相互协调形成合力的关键云南旅游云南旅游云南旅游云南旅行社云南旅游云南旅行社
  2005年10月22日,国务院颁布的《关于加强国民经济和社会发展规划编制工作的若干意# 265;》,对于规划编制过程中的问题,特别是各级各类规划的衔接问题作了明确规定。各 级各类规划要与相关的规划衔接翻译公司,下一级规划要与上一级规划衔接,区域规划、专项规划要与总体规划衔接,相关规 010;之间要相互衔接,同级规划相互协调,城市规划、土地规划也要与经济和社会发展规 划相衔接。
  “十一五”规划在制定过程中,引入了向社会公开招标进行专项研究和专家论证机制&# 65292;从而在一定程度上保证了规划制定的广泛参与性和科学性网站推广
  但规划的制定仍有进一步完善的空间:如专家委员会的产生可以更为开放,征集 847;见建议的渠道可以更广泛;决策过程可以公开,如把涉及具体部门或地区的规划部分 决策过程公开,以便进一步听证论证等。
  更进一步来看,虽然在“十一五”规划的编制过程中的一些措施体现了行政公开的原&# 21017;,但这些措施大都依据会议决定和惯例,缺乏法定依据,不具有规范性。《国务院ࠥ 1;于加强国民经济和社会发展规划编制工作的若干意见》对于规划编制过程中的问题如&# 20013;央与地方规范的衔接工作作了规定,但这种规范性文件的法律地位比较低,同时具੍ 7;临时的性质,与规划在中国国民经济和社会发展中的重要地位不相符合。
  据了解,《规划编制条例》已列入国务院立法计划,国务院发改委及其有关部门 063;在积极推动这一行政法规的出台,而为了进一步推进依法行政和法治政府建设,有必 要在立法时机成熟后尽快制定《规划法》。

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not spend alot of time on the internet, however I do spend alot of time on the computer with my Bible Library from www.e-sword.net & www.crosswire.com and www.apologeticscourses.com. I always keep in mind and ask myself-"I wonder if I have done my best Jesus- the One who saved me because of Calvary".

"Because I am taking a Post Gradute Diploma Course I use the internet for this. BUT WE MUST NOT NEGLECT SHARING OUR FAITH WITH THE LOST IN A FERVENT COMPASSIONATE MANNER.

REMEMBER YOUR AUDIENCE, BRING THE GOSPEL DOWN ON THEIR EDUCATIONAL LEVEL. BIG WORDS OR TOO WORDY OF IDEALS MAKE UNDER EDUCATED PEOPLE TOO NERVOUS. [clap2]

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do a lot of online studying of the Bible too. There is at least one site where you can get the full Bible in audio as well- amazing [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible I use most is on here [type] too He Lives! I want one of those Large Print ones cause my eyes just re not what they used too, but with my online one I can make the text what ever size and also search! That does not do much for getting me off the machine though since I read my Bible a lot! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I feel like I spend too much time on the computer. I get mad at myself for not reading the word more, and spending less time on the net. I think we all could spend more time with the Lord and less time on this time sucker.
Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stophie
Community Member
Member # 5516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stophie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'm guilty of this. If I'm not at school, I feel like I'm glued to this thing. I know I need to get out more and do other things.
Posts: 13 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, I feel like I spend too much time at this machine. We keep in touch with our daughter at college and with our folks and my huband's siblings via the internet. We dont have TV, so our news and weather come via the internet. Our lively hood comes via the internet, so we receive assignments,communicate with our managers, and do reporting over the internet; we bank by internet, shop by internet; file our taxes by internet; pay our bills by internet.

I set my husband's itenerary and book his reservations over the internet; That is in addition to the time I spend on the board or witnessing or teaching or counseling or in Bible study or prayer group with someone over the internet. Plus, we have a small online business and I have a website and even when I am not online, I am writing or doing graphic design or doing some form of work product on this machine. [type]

We have DSL and it is on 24/7 and the first thing we do when we awake is check our email and it is the last thing that we do before we retire! [updown]

When we tavel my husband has his laptop and if I take that he can check his email on his PDA.

[spiny]

I we have now only one child at home and she is very active with in school and after school things and so most of the time I am on it is when she is not home.

I try to plan my day that when Hal comes home, I get off the machine; after dinner, he usually will take some time at his laptop to read the news and look at his ebay stuff and catch up on email and Desi will use my machine to check her email and do her homework and then usually she and her dad will watch a movie or we will all play a game or something together. If they watch a movie, then I will usually clean up come back to my office and read my Bible or get on the board because I dont watch movies. After Desi goes to bed then Hal and I will visit the days events and plan the next and catch up on what ever, so I dont think that anyone resents the machine; I think sometimes Dez resents that she does not have her own and because I do so much on this one she has to wait to use it. But it is definetly a big part of our daily living.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering if anyone here feels that they spend too much time on the internet and on their computer?

Does your family resent the time away from them?

Does God?

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement