Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » What would You Do? Where Would You Turn?

Author Topic: What would You Do? Where Would You Turn?
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching the dvd Love Comes Softly the other day, and they said these words which really touched me. He was asked why God allows bad things to happen to people. Maybe these words can help you find some comfort although I believe in time God will heal the situation if you continue to seek Him. Sometimes, He doesn't respond immediately. Job even learned that.

He said this in the movie:

Missy (his daughter) could fall down and hurt herself, even if I'm walking right there beside her. That doesn't mean that I allowed it to happen and she knows with a father's unconditional love I'll pick her up and I'll carry her, I'll try to heal her, I'll cry when she cried and I'll rejoice when she is well.

In all of the moments of my life, God has been right there beside me. The truth of God's love is not that He allows bad things to happen--it's His promise that He will be there with me (us) when they do.

Both of those paragraphs were in the movie, near the end.

May God richly bless you,
Carmela

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverlion
Advanced Member
Member # 5293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*<<<<>>>>Thank You both for the tho'ts and suggestions! I will praise the Lord outloud and openly. Sometimes I kinda think I might have just a bit of an idea of what Job of the scriptures might have felt like...only a little tho'. But I have said and will continue to say as He did, "tho' he slay me yet will I serve Him"!!! [the *<<<<< >>>>> is how I send hugs,often,the other main site that I frequent doesn't have the hug graemlin smilies].

And I know thru the power of Jesus love and Gods grace,bondages,sin and strongholds can be broken. I am asking for guidance from the Holy Spirit to know what more can be done. Too many family members and close friends have died, to many have become seriously ill or face mental challenges. I am going to look up Daniel 9:16 and write it out,and post it on the refrigerator!!! [Prolly w/ several other scriptures too.]

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions and the prayer to all who are seeing this and praying for Pastorlove and myself and our famillies!!!

--------------------
Psalm 68:13b ...treasures-Doves with wings of silver and feathers of gold.

Posts: 50 | From: Idaho | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by silverlion:
There have unfortunately been those who were/are rebellious in our famillies and have been into the Occult,and whispers of ancestral Illuminati types as well. We believe in Spriritual warfare,and prayer warrioring...but what does one do,when it just gets beyond,knowing how to cope.

You may have touched onto something silverlion. There could very well be a curse or bondage in your family history that hasn't been uprooted yet.

If I were in your situation I would ask God the reason for all of these tragedies. Looks like there may be something that you are not aware of, and you should seek his face until he gives you some answers. Delve into the scriptures and pray until it is revealed to you.

Daniel 9:16 O LORD, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just need to remember that the Lord is still the Lord even if he doesn't fix all of our problems. He's the Lord even in the hard to understand times. I say began to praise Him out loud even if things don't seem to be getting better. Just remember that He is still on His throne no matter what happens on this earth.

I love you, and will be praying for you and your family.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverlion
Advanced Member
Member # 5293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm,is there something more i can do about these sitautins,that I am not yet doing?

There must be something,I am trying hard to keep scriptures in remeberance,about not being anxious or worried,but continuing to give it all over to the Lord. I fear I'm not real succesful at it at the moment,but I do keep trying!

--------------------

Posts: 50 | From: Idaho | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverlion
Advanced Member
Member # 5293

Icon 20 posted      Profile for silverlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this is the right place to post this...?

Since the mid '80s,over twenty plus years of time now... Almost every month, sometimes almost daily. There are serious health related issues and/or mental health issues in either my side of the family or my husbands.And we've had our share of difficulties,which our Creator and Lord has seen us thru.

Pastorlove and I have searched scriptures on the Generational curses issues,strongholds etc. ANd the fact that the Lord Jesus payed the price on the cross to break sins curses. Also that the effects of sins of the parents are to be no more visited on the children.

Instead of things easing,and slowing up,it seems to be getting worse. I am not talking about just the complaints and physical issues that happen w/ aging. I am speaking of serious illnesses ,Cancers and other Autoimmune diseases,Suicidal tendencies, and more,happening in both sides of our famillies.

I know,that a non-christian would prolly still be subjected to the curses as it were,but why would it continue to affect the Christians???

It gets downright scarey and anxiety causing sometimes for us to answer phone calls,check e-mails and snail mail.

Some of those affected are/were as young as 4 years old up to folk in their 80's and 90's. One can understand somewhat of the effects of aging on the human body. But what about the innocent babe,born w/ serious immune system problems? Or A four year old diagnosed w/ severe RA [now an adult but the heighth of the person was seriously affected]. Brain Aneurysims/cancer in a 40 something Mom? 'Calcium Overload' affecting the heart and breathing of a middle aged parent? Liver disease w/ virutally no warning, Flu viruses going to the brain and causing death? It is always something in our famillies and I find myself in a constant struggle to not worry wart,but to continue to give it all to the Lord. This time My Mom is laying in a hopsital yet again,w/ no way of knowing if she will recover.

I don't mean to be in anyway complaining,but I am feeling so very weary. I keep good Woship music,Christmas Carols and etc,playing, I find the Psalms, and such to be of help., Ephesians and keeping our Armour on,and shined. Still I am so weary right now,becuase it never stops,literally it never stops.

There have unfortunately been those who were/are rebellious in our famillies and have been into the Occult,and whispers of ancestral Illuminati types as well. We believe in Spriritual warfare,and prayer warrioring...but what does one do,when it just gets beyond,knowing how to cope.

Pastorlove is more able to let go of it all,than I am,but it does affect us both,sometimes profoundly. Especially when we are giving the grieving of one death over to God,and another hits right on its heels[or two or three] in a few days or weeks time.

My family and my husbands family have never met[other than one brother of Pastorloves]. A few years ago,one of my neices[about 15],and one of PAstorloves neices[about 15,where hospitalized w/in days of each other for what was tho't to be appendicitis,but instead turned out to be a severe lymphnode infection. One lived on the West Coast,the other in Southern US. Neither had ever met,nor even knew of the other one. Oddness such as this tends to occur rather frequently. [Eek!]

So again,where does one turn,what does one do???Any suggestions,beyond scripture reading,prayer...uh perhaps fasting...???

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement