Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » getting rid of anger

Author Topic: getting rid of anger
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgiveness is as much for us as it is for the forgiven. When we hold someone in their sin against us, we bind ourselves to the destruction and we are not bound... Christ has freed us. God works ALL things ALLLLLLLLLL ALLLLLL THINGS for good. This is why the enemy cannot win this battle. Every thing the enemy means for destruction God works for our good and HIS eternal glory. But when we hold on to a person's sin against us - we bind ourselves to the enemy's destruction and through forgiveness we free ourselves to receive the good and to glorify God.

We free ourselves for the manifestation of God's work that changed what the enemy sent our way into something that is of God's ..... I need the word.... of God's amazing provision.

I am reminded of Moses. Surely Satan thought he had won a battle when Moses killed the Egyptian and went into hiding. But God had a plan! God had that plan from the beginning of time. God would use 40 years of sheep tending to make a shepherd out of Moses.

God knew what HE was doing when he set you in this life. He knew everything that the enemy would bring against you to destroy you. But God had a plan, and what looks like to the world that God forsake you and let something terrible happen to you as a child, was not God forsaking you. It was the enemy trying to destroy you. But that is only half the picture. You have to get the whole picture. What will God do with what the enemy sent?

I can tell you that in my own life the enemy sent a lot of events that messed up my father in very big ways so much so that he abused me.. a daughter that he truly loved. And he did things to me that no father should ever do to a daughter. But praise God! because this daughter has learned to forgive the unforgivable and to do so many many many years before my father ever said I am sorry - infact on his death bed when he was unable to speak - I am sorry came as a tear from the eye of man whom I had never seen shed a tear and the relief on his face when I said to him that I had forgiven him many many years before caused me to have to go to God and ask forgiveness for holding him in that sin for so long and not freeing him. Through the enemy's destruction I learned to love the unloveable - and through that I learned to love God who loved me who was unloveable. I could list the glorious things that God has done with what happened to me at the hands of the enemy as a child. I can tell you that I have learned to be thankful in all things... ALL things.

Time to take your eyes off the enemy's work and seek HIS face and see what GOD has done and will do with what the enemy sent. You dont need to face your mortal enemy to forgive them... you need to face God. It is in HIS face that you will find forgiveness for your enemy.

God Bless you and strengthen you and may HIS glory fill your senses. He works ALL things for good in those that are called according to HIS purpose. And you are called. Why do you think the enemy sent you so much pain in the first place?

Peace Be with you!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this will change how you pray. You cannot pray for this person anymore, because they have passed on. So pray like this each day.

God help me to forgive-----------. Replace the bitterness and anger with love. Help me to understand that even though he/she did something to me, that they had no right to do, they were still a human being. Just like you died for me, you died for them. Give me a heart to love others and teach me how to turn this bad thing that happened to me, into something that will help me to grow spiritually and emotionally. Help me to run to you when the pain is more than I can bear.
amen

I hope this helps, honey.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searchingwithin26
Community Member
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searchingwithin26         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The catcher on this though..is that this person has already passed on.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, hon, I can see what you are saying. Although, my pain is different. In that you have suffered more deeply. But, look at it like this. If you were dying and the doctor said that he had a medicine that would cure you, but it tasted very bad and you would have to take a tsp every day. You would. So, begin today to pray for that person. I can promise you that if you keep it up, it will get easier until it becomes a part of you. Remember, honey, bitterness can kill your spirit and make you physically ill.
God bless you,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searchingwithin26
Community Member
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searchingwithin26         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are correct I need to learn to forgive before I can move on. That is the hardest thing for me to do right now. Of course I don't think that I ever have really tried though. It's just hard for me to forgive someone who has had that much of an affect on my life for so long....do you know what I mean?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Sometimes God does not take away the anger instantly. When my sister died, I was extremely angry at the person responsible. I forced myself to pray for this person. At first I could only say "God bless_____" But, I did this every day for months. Soon, I began to actually mean for God to bless this person and now the anger is gone. I say this so you will not be too hard on yourself. Remember anger eats you up like cancer, so better to let go of it.
Here in Washington State when the Green River killer was being given his sentence, family members came and talked. Many of them said, I forgave you, because that is God's will, but the saddest ones where those who were so bitter. You could see misery on their faces. Those who placed their anger in God's hands were still sad, but there was peace on their face. God bless you.
betty

--------------------

searchingwithin26
Community Member
Member # 5255

Icon 16 posted      Profile for searchingwithin26         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, thank you so much. Those words just turned the light on for me...fianlly. I do think that I can give God my anger, and have the close relationship that I need and want with him. Thank you so much.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the issue of getting rid of anger. I know this is awful but things happened when I was little that still to this day have me angry at God. I am angry with this because he let these things happen. How do I get rid of this anger?
You get rid of the anger by forgiving the ones that hurt you and realizing that God loved the whole world - the most henious of sinner so much that he sent Jesus to die for their sins that they could be forgiven and reconcilled.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

We are when we are forgiven and come to Christ, vile and ugly sinners. We dont deserve to be forgiven, but Christ comes to us still the same.

This is the Love of God and it is the love with which we love those in our lives that are unforgiveable. We see them through HIS eyes...lost vile creatures who God loved enough to send Jesus to die for.

Then, once we understand this, we can begin to look for how God will use the evil that the devil sent against us.

Will you now be prepared to counsel someone who is angry with God and does not understand why bad things happen to even innocent children?

Will you be the face of Jesus to one who is vile and has hurt someone deeply, maybe even a murderer? Will you be the one who says to them..."Jesus loves you and there is no sin that is bigger than the sacrifice.. YOU can be reconcilled to God and born again."

The anger goes when you realize that God works all things........ALL THINGS together for good in those who are called according to HIS perpose and walk in the Spirit.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

The anger goes when you realize that nothing we can suffer in this life can compare to what God allowed Jesus to suffer for you and for me...who deserved nothing, but the turning of His back on us.

Then, then we can count it all JOY....we can in all things give thanks....we can be thankful to have suffered that we can minister to another the love of Christ.

Luke 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
searchingwithin26, welcome to the Board.

I believe that God gets blamed for too many awful things that happen in this world, when indeed our greatest enemy,'the devil', who really does his best to rob us of our joy and peace.

God is for us, not against us. He wants to help fight our battles, so we have to use every weapon at our disposal to defeat the enemy and his army. Faith, prayer and The Word are our number one weapons.

This scripture has been quoted quite frequently on this Board, but we can't hear it too often.

Eph. 6:10-28 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Lay your anger on the alter dear sister and let God fight your battles of anger, or whatever, for you. Turn it all over to God. He understands. "Burden him with what burdens you."

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searchingwithin26
Community Member
Member # 5255

Icon 20 posted      Profile for searchingwithin26         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the issue of getting rid of anger. I know this is awful but things happened when I was little that still to this day have me angry at God. I am angry with this because he let these things happen. How do I get rid of this anger?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement