Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God?

Author Topic: Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God?
JohnStevenson
Community Member
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnStevenson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In John 3:3, Jesus says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Then in verse 5, He says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot bold into the kingdom of God."

I would suggest that Jesus has not changed topics. He is still speaking of how one sees/enters the kingdom. It is through the new birth; a birth that takes place in a mysterious manner and that is likened to the wind that "blows where it wishes" and from which you can see the visible results without really understanding where it comes from and where it is going.

--------------------
John Stevenson
http://JohnStevenson.net

Posts: 12 | From: South Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, Verily, verily, I say to you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

According to the expected view, being born again would be a consequence of seeing the Kingdom of God.

But according to Yahshua-Jesus, being born again is a cause of seeing the Kingdom of God.

The then-current Jewish view of "born again" was when a Gentile proselyte departed from the vanities of the heathen and became a proselyte to Judaism which to the Jews meant that the proselyte was a "one born anew", the "old had passed away" and the proselyte was now "joining the kingdom of God" along with the Jews.

It is also more commonly thought by Christians that after one has heard about the kingdom of God and has believed that one then becomes "born again".

But Yahshua-Jesus seems to say that one must "first be born again" and then one can see the kingdom of God.

What do you think of that?

And what was this kingdom of God in this case?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement