Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Exactly My Point

Author Topic: Exactly My Point
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
Jorje, a homeless man here, said God will use a piece of tolilet paper if He chooses. Then Jorge told me how he found Jesus because of it,!

Now that's humility - love it! Thanks for the great post Eduardo. [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shalom Hisgrace,

You know you make very good AND sound statements. I just know as a Christian-Jew (if there is such a word), I have been thru some fires and trials in the past. Jesus is still my example. Sometimes we tend to look at humans as superhereos but soon in the future we find ourselves rethinking why he or she would do this! When PTL went bad,it hurt!
WE MUST NOT LOOSE SIGHT, THAT JESUS IS OUR FORTRESS. I used to look up at people and say,"Gee I want to be like him or her!" Guess what happened. I got so disappointed when the person turned its back on Jesus. I almost left myself! All what I can say, and I put to rememberance is one of my favorite songs that Mahalia Jackson sang before I was born and grant you that was a long time ago. My kids says,-she must know Moses!!

His Eye Is On The Sparrow! by Mrs.LD.Martin/Charles H. Gabriel

1)Why should I feel discouraged, Why should the shadows come, Why should my heart be lonely And long for Heav'n and home. When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He: His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me; His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.

2)"Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear, And resting on His goodness-I lose my doubt and fears; Tho' by the path He leadeth But one step I may see: His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me; His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.

3) Whenever I am tempted, Whenever clouds arise, When songs give place to sighing, When hope within me dies, I draw the closer to Him, From care He sets me free; His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He cares for me; His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He cares for me.

Refrain 4 parts:

I sing because I'm happy--- I sing because I'am free--

FOR HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW, AND I KNOW HE WATCHES ME.

You see Hisgrace, Jesus knows each intiment part of our being, nothing goes unseen and un-cared for. Some people are used to bring us thru the infancy of our faith, while others help bring us out of challenging teenage years in Christ, while others yet help us to reach down and become non-waiverable adults in Jesus. Through it All- Jesus must be our example and no one else. WE AS BELIEVERS MUST BE GOOD PEOPLE, BASED ON THE BIBLE and not based on what people call good. Our Measuring stick is the Bible and not what others may think or not think. That part is hard to swallow but it is true.

Ray Comfort is a good person! And loves Jesus.Have you ever met him? I met him a while back. Do not worry what people may think, Only ask yourself this, " HAVE I DONE MY BEST FOR JESUS?"

Regardless of how the gospel gets out, at least it gets out and people are putting their faith in Jesus alone! Jorje, a homeless man here, said God will use a piece of tolilet paper if He chooses. Then Jorge told me how he found Jesus because of it,

May the Lord hold you and keep you! May your faith grow in Christ each day and look up for redemption draweth nigh!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Job 13:25
Will you torment a windblown leaf? Will you chase after dry chaff.

I always thought Ray Comfort was considered to be one of the 'good guys' on this Board.

Some excellent points have made in support of Ray Comfort, but if negative comments are made, that is planting a seed of doubt. Are we missing some good wheat/meat by chasing the chaff?

We have enjoyed many of Ray Comfot's inspirational sermons on this Board. Has this encouragment been lost?

You may say "Oh I'm able to sift out the good from the bad." Maybe you are able to sift out the good from the bad, but what about Little Susie New Christian or Sammy Agnostic? Have we lost them in all of this confusion. If we have lost just one person to the grips of the devil, what is God thinking?

Many accuse these preachers of thinking that they are 'little gods', but really are we expecting these preachers to be 'Gods?' There is only one God and he is the only who knows every secret in the Bible. Every believer has a key to unfolding this wisdom, but discernment is a very gradual process. Nobody can brag about knowing everything about the Bible.

Let's listen to wisdom as if unfolds and not be knitpicking and twisting. Just because someone doesn't 'line up the scriptures' to our liking, doesn't mean that we are always right and they are following the devil.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement