Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Would They Have Enough Evidence to Convict You?

Author Topic: Would They Have Enough Evidence to Convict You?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not fear death, but I do fear pain; but I know beyond a doubt that his grace is sufficient for what ever this world will bring my way.

Peter, at the time that he denied Christ was not born again, and not indwelled by the Holy Spirit;

David you are right in that we should always say the Lord god willing we will do this or that; lest we think for even a moment that we do anything of our own strength! Amen!

But we know that we have Jesus praying for us that our faith not fail us, as he did pray this for Peter, but we have something more than Peter had at that time. We have the mind of Christ and the ability to walk in the Spirit of our re-generation. Peter had to face that trial in the flesh. We are not in the flesh but the Spirit. Peter in his re-generation did face crucifiction and he did not fail in His faith.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a total chicken. I pray that rapture comes before the tribulation starts, but I know that God can give us the strength to do what we have to do.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, David, for your food for thought.
You are definitely right and we definitely would be praying constantly for God to give us total strength before saying and while saying "behead us."
We know that God would give us all of the strength needed and that He would be with us. I think of Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before you are so quick to stand up and say you would be beheaded, remember Peter.

I know I pray for God to give me the strength to stand up in the face of such terror. I know in my heart that is what I would want to do. But then I remember Peter and how he must have felt when it came down to doing it and he failed. [Frown]

It is better to say, if God gives me the strength, then say (I)will do it. I am sure Peter thought he would do it, but then as you recall, it did not happen.

Just food for thought.

[type]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the non belivers I know of against it don't believe in Heaven or Hell. They feel their is no soul and nothig happens after death. I think the ones I'm talking about would rather die or be homeless then give in to illuminati and new world order. Crazy how some of thse people who are 15 I'm speaking about seem more with it about that and not so deceived as some firm believers. (NOt talking aobut people on the board but others I know who think bush is great the war is a ust, holy war etc) but, I also take strong Christians being deceived as a sign of the bad. The fact people who belive so firmly in God can be deceived shows a lot to me. How some of them are fully grown adults and the ones I"m thinking of haven't even graduated highschool but can see what's really going on. They may not belive its a mark of Satan but they are agaisnt it none the less.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking,that the non-christians would probably take the mark. They would starve otherwise and they would have no hopes for heaven...so I think they would be motivated to accept it.
I have never given this much thought so this is my un-thought out view. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Betty; some said that they thought that there would be unbelievers that would not take the mark, but it does not appear that this is what the scripture says. Unless I misread it??? I am curious to hear more from those who think some unbelievers wont take it. They would then die for not taking it would they not? Unable to buy and sell how would they live? Again end times are not my area of strong knowledge so maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that all who do not believe will take the mark.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 144 thousand are going to be Jews that God will annoint during the triublation to reach those who missed the rapture. Many will be saved but more will serve the anit-christ.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see some non Christians not taking the mark. I've heard they may control you and what you do or think too with it and it could be possible since its electronic. I also see it as a GPS system (thinking movie "Enemy of the State") to know where you are and what you do at all times.

I belong to a hip-hop forum whre I'd say 90 percent of the members do not blieve in God yet are very opposed to the microchip. They don't see it as the "mark of the beast" but as control and big brother and illuminati and nnew world order. Though its not a Chrsitian forum, many of them see our country turning into a police state and Illuminati and New World Order happening they are very opposed to the war in Iraq and see it as bs propaganda. I think maybe some of the music they listen to and influences are even talking about those things. I know 2pac was big against the Illuminati. Many see martial law unfolding and all of that. They have posted things about the draft possibly being reinstated and all of that. Real Hip-Hop (and I don't mean ganster rap here and bling bling but Krs One and Rakim and people like that) is highly intellectual and philosophical. Eminem has an amazing unreleased song "We As Americans" that he made I think even a year and a half or 2 years ago! And, more and mre what he talks about is happening. He even has this song "Square Dance" which talks about the draft and possible war with Iraq before it even hapened! Outkast even had a song "Bombs over Baghdad" which really had nothing to do iwth bombing Baghdad but hte chorus for that was made many years ago. Many hip hop artitsts and figures and followers are very against controlling government and things like this. It honestly wouldnt be a bad idea for people to try and tell hip hop artists like NaS about this mark if they don't already know. These people can be very influential and in a good way [Smile]

I feel we should follow Jesus as an example of how to live. He was crucified. martyrs died for their beliefs. John was inprisoned etc. To some (espeically non-christians) dying for my beliefs is "crazy." but, Jesus died for it and so did others. God and Jesus are more important than my temporary happiness. I must remember that life here is temporary and brief compared to eternity. What good was my life ehre if I sacrifice the truth for temporary happinesss that would be false happiness anyway?

Will there be a time when like the Jewish had to wear the star of David in Germany we will have to wear a cross? I wouldn't be surpirsed I already wear a necklace of a cross and have different crosses. Churches may have to go underground too. I found out from my friend that there are underground chruches where catacombs are. They aren't "chruches" but its evident by artwork and artifacts they were during the time Christians were persectued. Even before I believed in God about a year and a half or so ago, this nice girl form college (when I was away for school) brought me to her youth group. They were talking about how they either were or were about ot be in the "end times" and how they as chrisitans would be the minority and face troubles. I didn't know what end times meant back then. But, it was like they were having god speak to them or one of them about it. Also, them being African Americans I think have an advantage in terms of greenhosue effect and global warming: they will have more protection. Thehotter our earth gets and less our ozone gets, they will be safer than people like me who are very pale in their skin tone and burn easily. Perhaps the bible taking place in the Middle East has something to do with global warming? Perhaps the 144,000 are meant to have darker skin and be used to extreme heat and conditions.

--------------------

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

I believe that this means that those who missed the rapture but accept Jesus as their Savior will die a martyrs death rather than take the mark.
betty

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

It matters not what we think, but what the scripture says:

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

evangelistdare

I do agree that Christians will be raptured out before the tribulation, but until then things will get harder and harder. Already, Christians are considered haters by non Christians. I believe all the violence by Muslums is the devil diong his best to turn the world against Relgions as a whole. It is only a step away before all "extreme" Relegions will be outlawed. To the world a Christian is just as extreme as a Muslum.
The world supports this new age stuff because they want everyone to be kind and sweet but not to believe in anything that might effect others.
The devil hates the name of Jesus. He wants to out law praying to Jesus. If you pray to a goddness or to your inner self, he has no problem with this.

The more things change in the world, the more I pray for the return of our Lord and Savior.
betty

--------------------

evangelistdare
Advanced Member
Member # 4746

Icon 15 posted      Profile for evangelistdare   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God promises us in His word that WE ARE SAVED FROM THE WRATH TO COME.

Now does that mean we will not suffer as christians now? no no

Christ said they hated me and they will hate you.

Is that not the way it is now?

Christians are talked about as if that person who is doing the talking has a bad taste in his mouth .

we are the fruit loops of this world..the JESUS FREAKS OF THIS WORLD.

Hvent you heard it is christians who do all the hating and murdering of innocent people..
Those very people hate God and call Him a murderer.

Now as for the tribulation children of God

God 's word clearly shows us that WE WILL NOT BE HERE.

Let us take comfort in God's word here that clearly beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will not allow the antichrist to be revealed until the CHURCH OF BELIEVERS ARE GONE, TAKEN OUT AND THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL BE REMOVED WITH US..
HE IS THE RESTRAINER OF THE ANTICHRIST.

WHO ELSE HAS THE POWER TO RESTRAIN THE ANTICHRIST BUT GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT?

THERE IS NO GREATER POWER ON EARTH OR IN HEAVEN THAN THE POWER OF GOD , THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT..

THANK YOU JESUS ..THANK YOU JESUS FOR THAT.

PRAISE GOD...PRAISE GOD, HALLEULUJAHHHHHH..ALL GLORY TO THE LAMB!!

We have nothing to fear ...We have God's promise that we dont have anything to fear.

His word says comfort one another with this..

lets go to the word..

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,

2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth (Holy spirit)that he --speaking of the antichrist here-might be revealed in his time.

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he -speaking of the Holy Spirit- who now letteth will let,

until he speaking of the Holy Spirit-be taken out of the way.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed,

whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Now take a look at what the Lord says here below..

2Th 2:11 And for this cause

God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth,

-those who have heard the gospel here and rejected it- but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2Th 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

2Th 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work

we can see from the sighs that God gave us that TIME IS SHORT

Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even -right --at the doors

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh

--------------------
In Christ's service always, Evangelist Dare

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Posts: 177 | From: n.c. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also believe there will be some non believers who will not take the mark of the beast - they will hear through other born again believers that it's not a good thing, they will repent of their sins, ask Jesus Christ into their hearts, follow Jesus Christ, and they will have the strength to refuse the mark of the beast.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think there will be non-Christians that will refuse the mark? I think there will be some people out there who know enough, know the mark is NOT a good thing, but do not believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior. I could see my roommate being one of these people. He knows the world is going to Hell, and I mean that literally, and he knows there is "a God", as he would say, but he has that veil, where he cannot take that next step believing in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who was crucified for our sins. It's a scary thought. So close, yet oh so far.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

someone mentioned in another thread about a threat as being too "chstiian" with terrorism etc. Though its God's war which makes no snese.

Anyways, I think my wearing a cross necklace all the time would be a give away for one My parents know and my friends and probably their families too. I don't think its on record I belong to any church, besides the one I used to go to. Maybe my baptism is caues its in a big church in Detroit.

with mark of beast etc I wonder if we will have a version of the holocaust (even worldwide) that will start slowly and all that not just with Chrsitians but others who are opposed to what's going on.

I would stand trial. A few weeks ago when I really thought the mark was coming through microchips I thought "well what if I have children I dont wanna go to prison." Sad thing is I fear things will get worse before I'm even married and thinking about children.

I would stand trial and even go to prison. I'd probably want to try fleeing first but if I had to choose between prison or death or what have your or lying (espeically no lnger being aloud to pray etc) I wouldn't lie.

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Homeschoolers,

Amen to you also. All of my family and I have discussed this very thing for a very long time now and we're all in complete agreement that we'll just say "Behead me and be quick about it!"
We know it's coming and that it's just a matter of time and we're all prepared and not fearful of it whatsoever. They can indeed "bring it on!"
We all know there's a better home waiting for us in heaven for that is one of our promises made to us in the Holy Bible. We've also discussed the above with friends. Anyway God Bless!

--------------------
Gramajo320

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

They wont have to convict me, I will confess! Amen Grandma Jo, bring on the guillotine! My husband and I have talked about that very thing; I fear it is sooner than we think. To live is Christ, to die gain. I read an article from a police cheif in NewEngland that was advocating chipping in his city now, and he said that he sees that it will be a reality within 10 years. If we are here, and I dont believe that we will be, but if we are, off with my head they God in moments I will be bowing before him in worship. Praise God!

I think we all better be prepared for these kinds of decisions and I fear because on true rooted in the heart faith will stand in those times. I often think of PolyCarp, that is the kind of faith that we have to have, because the instinct of the flesh is to save one's self. Only in the spirit can we let go of the flesh to stand as men like Polycarp did.

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

I know that it won't be very long before everything becomes much more difficult for christians. We have to be ready by putting on the full armor of God. For myself I'll be beheaded before I'll ever accept or let anyone give me the mark of the beast!

--------------------
Gramajo320

BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be convicted.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

If being a christian would ever be against the law then yes I would most definitely be convicted. There's a lot of evidence. Also when the time comes and they are either ordering or forcing people to take the mark of the beast then at that time I'll be among the first to become beheaded.

--------------------
Gramajo320

evangelistdare
Advanced Member
Member # 4746

Icon 15 posted      Profile for evangelistdare   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If being a christian was against the law ,would they have enough proof to convict you of that crime?....

Would they be able to gather evidence from your neighbors that you were a christian?

How about your employer?

Your friends?

What about the store u buy your groceries ,would that cashier who ususally checks u out know?....

What if they went to the garage where u have ur car serviced or worked on?....

what about those golfing buddies,would they know enough about you that they could testify that you are a christian?.....

How many people have your paths crossed with that know you are a born again child of the most high GOD?..

If you would stand trial today for the crime of christianity,would you be convicted ?

I ask my self that..... Would I ?.....I pray so .........

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven

Help us all LORD be a shining light for you in this dark and sinful world...

--------------------
In Christ's service always, Evangelist Dare

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Posts: 177 | From: n.c. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement