Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » My Question

Author Topic: My Question
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MySavingGrace:
I htink its important to know about sexuality in our society.

I have no problem discussing sex as long as it is done in a wholesome way and perhaps done to help someone with moral issues. There are many beautiful love stories in the Bible; take the Song of Solomon.

However, I don't believe it should be cheapened with remarks that perhaps are intended to titillate. That in itself becomes a moral issue.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive posted on boards (and not whole board desals with it but one seciton) about sex stuff. I am not having sex now, but I used to before finding God.

I amy post or vote in polls about stuff in my past, but I say point blank it was my past, not me now. And, I htink its important to know about sexuality in our society.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well HisGrace, My question would be is that Christ like behavior? Obviously it is not. Remeber light and darkness cannot mix.

I too believe this was shown to you so that you will know what to pray for in that person life.

I tell you the truth, as the time gets closer for His return, many will turn from the faith. Many will seek pleasures of the flesh more than seek God. How sad this is.

Wholesome words we ought to speak at all times to all people. I will pray also for this situation. It is grievious indeed. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a person gets on a board which discusses predominately spiritual matters and talks about the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, and then gets on a secular message board and says that they enjoy rough sex, am I being a prude, or are they being hypocritical?

This person is married and this statement wasn't made in the context of something special in the sanctity of marriage.

Knowing this person, I think she said it in order to be part of the crowd and not to be set apart.

God has a way of exposing all secrets. I believe he revealed this comment to me in order that I could pray about the situation. I am always concerned about the influence on others.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement