Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Satan/Lucipher confusion

Author Topic: Satan/Lucipher confusion
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adding to the word of God or eliminating parts of the word of God will add the plagues. The following religious structures willfully add or subtract to God's Word:

Mormonism the Bible and the Book of Mormon

Jehova Witness- willfully changes names of Deity and structures to fit their dogma.

New Age Rainbow Society eliminating the verses about the gay/lesbian life style.

Women of clergy willing to omit the verses that distinctfully say the office of the Bishop, Priest, and Pastor is granted to man, and if married is a husband of one wife.

People who willfully with the intent to pervert the word of God for their expressive misleading fall into this. Denying God's Plan of simple salvation.

I am very sure that there are many others.

The Plagues of the prophecies:

Lev 26:21; Num 14:37;Num 16:46; Num 25:9; Deut 28:59; Ex 7:20; Exo 8:6,17,24; Exo 9:6,10,23 Exo 10:13,22 EXo 12:29 and many more!

The ultimate plague is the plague of death. God gives each man the ability and the space to repent and make it right and correct before Him, but eventually God will not hear those who refuse to repent. When I say hear, I understand it to mean HE is not willing to accept the person because he refused to repent see ( Romans 10:9-10)
Book of Romans says "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ Our Lord." ROMANS 6:23
What manner of death is this? I believe 2 Thess 1:8-9 defines what manner of death! saying-"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Chrit: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;"- Ultimate death is eternal seperation from God in heaven.
Eternal life is the gift of God through Jesus dying for our sins and resurrecting and having power over death all together. If we want heaven, then we will want to willingly accept Jesus and let Him be our advocate in front of the Father.

In the end times people are going to try to seek death and will not find it. The plagues of Egypt is a forrunner of the end times events.God is merciful to whom he has mercy, and a stumbling stone to those who is foolish to deny Him. Everyone will bow before Jesus, either before the rapture willingly, or after the rapture unwillingly to face the ultimate Judge. When one bows they submit to the will of God and definition of His character. The Creator is God, the book of John chapter 1 goes into detail about that. I believe
wholeheartedly Jesus is factually the son of God and in him their is complete salvation. I am a lowly sinner saved by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ. I believe he literally corporly resurrected from death which each human faces because of sin. I believe in the divine and complete inspiration of the Bible. There is not one fairytale in the Bible- it is all true. Some of its content is symbolically spoken which has far reaching physical intent and meaning. If God wants us to understand it, He will give us understanding when we are ready according to His will. Sorry about going on, I am just in love with my Lord.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean, does that mean if you literally use say white out on a bible or add more. Or, does it mean if you tell people that what the Bible says about anything, past, present, or the prophecies is not true or lie about what you know and twist things? Then, bad things will happen to you as "punishment/"

I know the Bible says not to alter etc but its still not clear on exactly what it means and what the punishment is.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
REVELATION 22

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her from every month: and the leaves of the tree were for healing of the nations.

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the LORD GOD giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the LORD GOD of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto his servants the things which must be shortly be done.

Behold I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down and worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things.

Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: Worship GOD.

And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

And , behold I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA, the beginning and the end, te first and the last.

Blessed are they that do His commandments that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I JESUS have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, IF*** any man shall add unto these things, GOD SHALL add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

AND IF ANY MAN shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy , GOD SHALL take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is a penalty in corrupting the prophecies of the bible.
sorry to sound dumb, but what does that mean?

--------------------

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
taliston
Community Member
Member # 4735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for taliston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown...the author is blatant about the fact that it is fiction. I think he is an "Agnostic" though. There seems to be a new found interest in Gnosticism. They believe that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were 'lovers' and/or married. Mary Magdalene went to France after Christ's crucifixon and had His baby. They believe that this started a royal blood line.

I believe that all of this is a lie. (gnosticism)

I think Mary Magdelene probably did go to France (Gaul). And started telling people about Jesus. I do not believe that Mary Magdalene had intimate relations with Jesus. She just followed Christ and recognized Him for who He was, and absolutely loved him as the Son of God and her Savior.

All of this 'hype' over the Da Vinci Code is sad. It's just another attempt at Satan and 'the antichrists' to deceive people.

Posts: 12 | From: NC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
taliston
Community Member
Member # 4735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for taliston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God + Jesus Christ + John the Baptist (true prophet) + Christians (who work through the power of the Holy Spirit)

contrast:

Satan (aka the devil, serpent, dragon) + Antichrist + false prophet + Nonbelievers (who work through the antichrist spirit)

1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Posts: 12 | From: NC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Interesting to note that as believers, we are approaching the final page in this good vs evil and as we read the book of Revelations -we already find out who is going to win, Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Heavenly Father.

In the process going toward the heavenly mark, Satan and his hoods will try anything to make the people of this world disbelieve the very word of God and make mockery of each tenets of faith. Epheians 6 is a very powerful and informative mission statement and declares what we as christians are up against. True knowledge is non-waivering power. We must study Gods Word to be non-waivering.

Interesting to note that the DaVinci Code comes out as the secular-economic world unites into one economic system. It puts mockery on Our Lord Jesus Christ and his inability to be holy. The only reason why we procreate is to have an heir. Jesus will live forever, and he needs no heirs. We are made joint heirs with Jesus, thanks to his grace and salvation.

Satan can and will mimic anything that is intangibly holy or counted sacred. Nowadays we choose to live with someone. This is a vice of the Devil. It mocks marriage,( a picture of undying love of Jesus the groom for his bride the church)

Nowadays we have technical virgins. Women not touched by men having babies and still can claim they are virgins technically speaking. Will the anti-christ be a spawn of a technical virgin. Will he mimic certain things that could predisposes him as the real messiah. Satan down fall is its pride and the inability to be omniscience,omnipotent,omnipresence and unable to demostrate unselfish love. Satan does know alot but he is not all knowing as God the Father. Satan still is a created being.

The very countries that were founded on the principles of Bible, are now the most apostate countries in the world. In comparison Korea is more Christian than England.

Nowadays there are more versions of the bible and for some it can be confusing. But God is quite capable of preserving his word as it were written in the Hebrew,Aramaic, and the Greek.

The last couple of verses in the bible deals with adding and subtracting things out of the bible (prophecies). There is a penalty in corrupting the prophecies of the bible.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no problem. I honestly don't understand why some Christians hate those books so much. I do know a family who got back into Church after many years because they saw the first movie.
On one Christian site I am a member of, someone compared the left behind books to the DaVinci Code. Which is just wrong. The Left Behind books are fiction and that is all that claim to be. The DaVinci Code claims to be fact. Either the DaVinci Code is a lie or the Bible is a lie. I choose to believe the Bible.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I love those books Miss Betty. I just wanted it to be clear to the seeker in this thread exactly what the Bible says vs. what man says.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev 13:3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Rev 13:4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Laurie,

Whether you like the Left Behind books or not, it makes sense that the devil will attempt to copy what Jesus did. What better way for him to convince the world that he is God then to seem to be the fufilling of the prophecy of the Messiah? Remember the anitchrist will be reaching out to the Jews at this time, God's chosen people.
But, I was taught that the anit-christ would either be dead or seem to be dead and rise again years before the left behind books came out.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

^^^^ I don't mean regular people can be reincarnated I mean, once the body that was used for the vessel for Satan to be the anitchrist and/or false prophet passes away, Satan moves his sirit into the next one and posesses them. They are still regular mortal bodies, but their spirit is posessed by Satan

I also mean that pepole who seem to fit charectaristics of the antichrist appear again and again. Like how Hitler got a following by deceiving them he was out to help, but then, he was really wicked and evil.

--------------------

lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reincarnation does not exist...

Quote from: http://home.earthlink.net/~ronrhodes/Reincarnation.html

quote:
Is Reincarnation Biblical?
Today approximately 30 million Americans (one in four) believe in reincarnation. The word "reincarnation" literally means to "come again in the flesh." The process of reincarnation - continual rebirths in human bodies - allegedly continues until the soul has reached a state of perfection and merges back with its source (God or the "Universal Soul").
One's lot in life, according to those who believe in reincarnation, is based on the law of karma. This law says that if bad things happen in one's life, this is an outworking of bad karma. If good things happen in one's life, this is an outworking of good karma.

"Karma" refers to the "debt" a soul accumulates because of good or bad actions committed during one's life (or past lives). If one accumulates good karma by performing good actions, he or she will be reincarnated in a desirable state. If one accumulates bad karma, he or she will be reincarnated in a less desirable state. In Shirley MacLaine's book Out on a Limb we are told, "Reincarnation is like show business. You just keep doing it until you get it right."

Some people twist the Scriptures and say that Jesus Himself taught reincarnation or "cyclical rebirth." In Matthew 11:14, for example, Jesus said, "And if you are willing to accept it, [John the Baptist] is the Elijah who was to come." Likewise, in John 3:3 Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

But these passages, rightly interpreted, do not support reincarnation. Matthew 11:14 does not really teach that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah. Luke 1:17, an important cross reference, tells us that the ministry of John the Baptist was carried out "in the spirit and power of Elijah." Moreover, reincarnationists conveniently forget that John the Baptist, when asked if he was Elijah, flatly answered, "No!" (John 1:21).

Regarding Jesus' words about being "born again" in John 3:3, the context clearly shows that Jesus was referring to a spiritual rebirth or regeneration. In fact, the phrase born again carries the idea of "born from above," and can even be translated that way. Jesus clarified His meaning by affirming that "flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit" (v. 6).

There are other Scriptures that clearly debunk the notion of reincarnation. Hebrews 9:27 tells us that "man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment...." Each human being lives once as a mortal on earth, dies once, and then faces judgment. He does not have a second chance by reincarnating into another body. Second Corinthians 5:8 indicates that at death the Christian immediately goes into the presence of the Lord, not into another body. Luke 16:19-31 indicates that unbelievers at death go to a place of suffering, not into another body.

We must also remember that Jesus taught that people decide their eternal destiny in a single lifetime (Matthew 25:46). This is precisely why the apostle Paul emphasized that "now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2).

Further, Jesus taught the concept of resurrection, not reincarnation. In fact, He predicted His own resurrection early in His public ministry (John 2:19). And after Jesus resurrected from the dead, He appeared to some disciples and said, "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have" (Luke 24:39). Jesus resurrected in the same body that went into the tomb. His body even retained the scars and wounds in His hands, feet, and side from the crucifixion (John 20:28).

In addition to biblically refuting reincarnation, we must also point to some of the practical problems involved in the theory of reincarnation. For example, we must ask, Why does one get punished (via "bad karma") for something he or she cannot remember having done in a previous life? Moreover, if the purpose of karma is to rid humanity of its selfish desires (as reincarnationists say), then why has there not been a noticeable improvement in human nature after all the millennia of reincarnations on earth?

Finally, if reincarnation and the law of karma are so beneficial on a practical level, as reincarnationists claim, then how do they explain the immense and ever-worsening social and economic problems - including widespread poverty, starvation, disease, and horrible suffering - in India, where reincarnation has been systematically taught throughout its history?

Quote from:
http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation3.html

quote:
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him (Hebrews 9,27-28).

The Christian teaching that we live only once is a fact beyond doubt, being as true as the fact that Jesus had to die only once for our sins. In other words, the unique historical act of Jesus’ crucifixion and the fact that we live only once are equally true and cannot be separated. This text cannot possibly be interpreted otherwise. The judgment that follows death is obviously not the judgment of the impersonal karma, but that of the personal almighty God, after which man either enters an eternal personal relation with Him in heaven, or an eternal separation from Him in hell.

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible does not say that the AntiChrist will die and rise again after 3 days in the same manner as Christ. That is an interpretation/speculation presented by Tim LaHaye in the Left Behind books. The Bible says the beast will suffer a wound unto death and yet will live. It is not even quite clear if he actually dies or if he merely sufferes a wound that should be fatal, but somehow he is delivered from death. This seems to occur mid-tribulation, before Jesus and His army come down and defeat him.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Satan, the Devil has been around before man ever was created, He was called Lucifer. Lucifer was an angel of light. In latin and other latin related languages Luce (loo SHAY) means light. That is also where we get the name Lucy.
I never liked my name...my name is Lucie...I have been teased a few times from others with the name Lucifer when I was younger... [Frown]
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

quote:
the devil likes to copy everything Jesus does. So the devil will have a trinity. The anit-christ will die during the tribulation and be dead for three days and rise again. There will be some that will believe that he is God because of this. So yes there will be an anit-christ, false prophet, and a spirit of some type that will copy the Holy Spirit.
While the true God is a God of goodness, love, and holiness, satan is the father of lies, evil, and filthy.
betty

where does it say he'll die and come back after 3 days? I only knew of him being defeated, not re-rsiing. I also wonder if Satan can be not just the antichrist but others and has been throughout history. I've also wondered if the antichrist gets reincarnated (and/or false prophet) For example: I feel Hitler was an anticrhist. And, they keep reincarnating until the final one. He had many decieved he was for good until it was too late and was out for evil and destruction etc.

Is Satan's big number 3 or multiple of threes? like him rerising after 3 days? and tripple 6s being a multiple of threes. I know certian numbers (like 12 and seven) appear a lot in the Bible.

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LaurieFL:
The Anti-Christ (the beast) and the False prophet are two different people.

I never gave it any thought before that there may be a difference. We read about false prophets in the Bible, but other than in Revelation is there anything said about the false prophet?

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who did mighty miracles on behalf of the beast--miracles that deceived all who had accepted the mark of the beast and who worshiped his statue. Both the beast and his false prophet were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.
Revelation 20:10
Then the Devil, who betrayed them, was thrown into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

I agree that the Devil can take on many forms like as the angel of light(Lucifer) and the serpent, and that the anti-christ will be born a man.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

the devil likes to copy everything Jesus does. So the devil will have a trinity. The anit-christ will die during the tribulation and be dead for three days and rise again. There will be some that will believe that he is God because of this. So yes there will be an anit-christ, false prophet, and a spirit of some type that will copy the Holy Spirit.
While the true God is a God of goodness, love, and holiness, satan is the father of lies, evil, and filthy.
betty

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

The Anti-Christ (the beast) and the False prophet are two different people.
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Hi MySavingGrace,

I am so glad you love the Lord.

This may seen like alot of words but they tell a good story. May the Lord guide you, and keep you safe, may He comfort you and lead you on the road he has for you- Amen

Many People in the bible went through name changes because of God's Will. Like
Abram to Abraham after he was called. Sarai to Sarah.Jacob to Isreal after he persisted with the angel
Saul to Paul

And fact in the book of Ruth! Naomi said change my name to Mara which means For Lord dealth with me bitterly,

Satan, the Devil has been around before man ever was created, He was called Lucifer. Lucifer was an angel of light. In latin and other latin related languages Luce (loo SHAY) means light. That is also where we get the name Lucy.

Job is a good book and the oldest written in chronilogical time. If we were to put the bible together according to when it was written- Job would be book one.

Purgatory its ideal have been around since the beginning of written biblical time. The closest to the ideal of purgatory is found in the book of Job and the other parts of the Old Testament and Jesus mentioned the bossom of Abraham when He talkd about the richman and Lazarus.

Job 14:11-14 "As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up: So man lieth down and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!"

Job 26:6 "Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering."

Now in the New Testament in the gospel of Luke 16:19-31 "There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine line, and fared sumptuously everyday: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, an was buried; And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, BETWEEN US and YOU there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from here to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come there. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, fater, that thou wouldest send him to my faither's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophet; let them hear them. And he said , Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repn. And he said unto him, If they will not hear Moses and he prophets, neiter will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. "

This shoel- The place of the dead.

Purpatory was an ideal of someone to get rich off the poor and dearly departed. If the person who was in bereavement did not pay the religious leader of the day homage, then their love ones who remain in the nether world. Purgatory have no scriptural base except the Hebrew concept and belief in SHOEL.

Because Christ Jesus rose from the dead, shoel exist no more. You see the sins of the past, present and future Jesus took the burden on Him. NO one could pass into God's abode until their sin was paid for by a holy non-sinner, who had no blemish of sin. Blood from sheep and goats could not recompense and wash sins away. That type of sacrifice was a sign of Jesus death. If I am not mistaken shortly after Jesus resurrection the other dead arose from the graves and went to the abode of God (read Mathew 27: 50-56).

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

thanks for info:)

but, is there an antichrist and a false prophet or is the antichrist the false propeht? one person or two?

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
it talks about Stan being cast out of heaven in Revelations. Was Satan the angel Michael or was Michael one of the people he brought with him?

Michael is the Arch Angel of God's Holy angels; he is the protector of the children of Abraham.

quote:
also, is Lucipher the same or different from Satan?
In Demonology, Lucifer is the angel of light;the dispenser of justice in the Bible the name Lucifer is used only one time and it is used to speak of the King of Babylon.

Some people believe that Lucifer and Satan are one and the same and others do not. Most who are involved with the occult do not believe that Lucifer and Satan are the same being.

The Bible says that Satan comes as an angel of light. Satan in the bible is called the serpent, the dragon, and the Devil.

quote:
Also, around what time in history did Satan get cast out of heaven and what time was the mark of the beast?
The mark of the beast is a future event.

I believe that Satan fell from heaven to earth as lightning at some point during the first 6 days of creation.

The scripture tells us that God confined the dominion of the serpent to the earth the say that he deceived Eve in the Garden. Satan appeared to Eve in the Garden as the Serpent.

The book of Job, which is the oldest book in the Bible tells us that Satan walked to and fro in the earth and then appeared before the throne of God to accuse the brethren.

I believe that Satan was permitted to do this until the crucification; Jesus said that Satan was cast out then. I believe that at this time, Satan was ban from going before the throne to accuse the brethren and that once Christ ascended to sit at the right hand of the Father as the Risen Lord, Satan was no longer to go before the throne or appear in heaven. Please know however that this is speculation and that the scripture does not point blank tell us this.

quote:
It talks about seeing the mark of the beast and then he goes away but comes back after 1,000 years. And yet, people say that in end times, people will wera the mark of the beast.
Satan, upon the return of Christ will be bound for 1000 years. Christ will establish an earthly Kingdom in which the nations that have helped the seed of Abraham will be given the opportunity to learn the ways of God and live in the Kingdom of God on this earth. Then Satan will be allowed out for a short time and allowed to deceive those who will be deceived, those who will not be deceived will then be given reward of eternal life.

quote:
And, since Jesus saved peole of sins t would make sense to happen before that. Also, is it true that so me who were not in heaven (maybe they were in purgatory i dunno or they werent bad people but commited sins) got to heaven after Jesus's ascention?
I have absolutely no Idea what you are asking here, but there is no purgatory and never has been a purgatory.

quote:
Is the Antichrist the same as Satan? Will Satan be born as the Antichrist or will he posess a person and use their body to infultrate himself into? Also, is ther an antichrist and a false profit, or is the antichrist the false prophet? if there are both i'm assuming its a wicked trinity but still a trinity (like our Father, Son, Holy Ghost.)
The Antichrist will be born a man, and will be wounded unto death; Satan will indwell his body and rise in his body. There will be a false prophet that is given powers by Satan.

quote:
I'm thinking the serpent may not have been satan but just plain the sin of temptation. Or maybe the serpent represented evilness but wasn't satan.
The Serpent was Satan.

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

quote:
Also, there's a demon (maybe its a god) called The Rainbow Serpent, is that Satan? is the Rainbow Serpent possibly the serpent that tempted Eve?]
The aborigines of Australia believe that the rainbow serpent is the source of life; creator of the mountains and the streams and lakes, the sun and fire and that she birthed all the animals.

I would really suggest the Gospel of John. It is the very best place I know for a beginning of understanding the scriptures. Too often the prophesies and particularly the Revelation are intriguing, but trying to understand them without the basics is really difficult.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

it talks about Stan being cast out of heaven in Revelations. Was Satan the angel Michael or was Michael one of the people he brought with him?

also, is Lucipher the same or different from Satan?

Satan would have to be around before or at time of Adam and Eve. So, if they are the same being then does that mean there were angels in heaven before life started on earth?

Also, around what time in history did Satan get cast out of heaven and what time was the mark of the beast? It talks about seeing the mark of the beast and then he goes away but comes back after 1,000 years. And yet, people say that in end times, people will wera the mark of the beast. And, I assume its around the first century. Maybe, right before Jesus was either born or died (probably died since it is suspected that John wrote it.) And, since Jesus saved peole of sins t would make sense to happen before that. Also, is it true that so me who were not in heaven (maybe they were in purgatory i dunno or they werent bad people but commited sins) got to heaven after Jesus's ascention?

Is the Antichrsit the same as Satan? Will Satan be born as the antichrist or will he posess a person and use their body to infultrate himself into? Also, is ther an antichrist and a false profit, or is the antichrist the false prophet? if there are both i'm assuming its a wicked trinity but still a trinity (like our Father, Son, Holy Ghost.)

I'm thinking the serpent may not have been satan but just plain the sin of temptation. Or maybe the serpent represented evilness but wasn't satan.

Also, there's a demon (maybe its a god) called The Rainbow Serpent, is that Satan? is the Rainbow Serpent possibly the serpent that tempted Eve?

thanks [Smile]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement