Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Realllllyyyy confused....I need answers please

Author Topic: Realllllyyyy confused....I need answers please
Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear lonesol,

Here is the scripture I was referring to, it is referencing angels, but the description, or at least the first time I came across it, seemed like it was a UFO-

Ezekiel 1-

'1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.

2 In the fifth day of the month, which was the fifth year of king Jehoiachin's captivity,

3 The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.

4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

9 Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

11 Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.

12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went.

13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.

14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.

18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

23 And under the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies.

24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.

25 And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.

26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.

28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an area 51 here in the southwest. This minister is saying that satan is preparing the world for a phony definition for the rapture. Even Jesus says something on this- How can I tell you of heavenily things, if you can not believe any of this? For I have people of a different place! YOU WILL FIND THAT CONVERSATION in Mathew Some say Jesus was talking about the people outside the known world, while others say it was talking about aliens outside the earth as we know it. Because I was too in the military- I had to travel to some places and concluded three amazing facts.

1) Most Indians of South America who knew nothing of Jesus, has put down in their heircliphics of An Universal Flood- A Man who walked on water= and He was called the great God of light.

2) In Africa where I was too I saw writings and paintings on a stone wall displaying the same three facts and also pictures of dinasaurs being hunted by the natives.

So I believe the minister is a little far fetch to allow such an interpretation. While attending bible school, a religious educator said many at the end time will see a lie being made concrete. One -the orgin of man, two- how people disappeared from earth.

Greek mythology goes way back to the same gods of Egypt, Babylonia, Rome. These Gods if you want to call them that are no more than man trying to become God. The Mormon faith even says that Jesus is the archangle Michael who came to earth through Mary. Mormon faith believe people can become gods. We know for a fact that Michael the Archangel is not Jesus the Christ. But look how quickly that lie became known.

You have nothing to worry about- The only alien that will come back to earth is Jesus himself and he will set up his kingdom. MATHEW 24 is a great chapter concerning this.

Would you agree the only way people will accept a lie from Satan, if it has been around for a long time festering in his believers?

Never before has there been more talking about aliens then now. It is as if Satan is going to explain the rapture through it. What other way can it be done in order to deceive the many who are left behind. This minister is showing and interpreting that even as early as Zhan dynasty in China, has there been blue prints for airplanes. Even Michelle Angelo had a prototype flying magine.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:
Area 51 exists, but it has nothing to do with beings from outer space. It is a base for some special test the AF does.

That I know, that is not what I meant to say...

Quote:
The 'Son's of God' are the angels. There are angels (good and evil) present on this earth and they are normally in spirit form.

So you are saying that those ''sons of God'' are really angels, not aliens from outer space then...

Somehow, that person talking about spaceships and aliens just scares me. I find that paragraph I posted, very creepy... [Frown]
Could this person be using verses out of context??

I also have this link that speaks of angels...

http://www.carm.org/questions/sex_angels.htm

There are so many different theories that we can find on the internet...what are lies and what are truth???
I don't know what to think anymore... [Frown]

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear lonesol,

The closest thing I have seen in the bible to resemble spacecraft is in the OT, Ezekial Chapter 1. Strange!

I don't believe in aliens and space visitors, per se. Some people do, and they try to use the bible to back up their beliefs. When people try hard enough, they can justify practically anything by jumping from one scripture to another, taking stuff out of context.

Area 51 is in the desert and is Air Force property. It is secret (what in the military isn't?). Area 51 exists, but it has nothing to do with beings from outer space. It is a base for some special test the AF does.

I do believe that the fallen angels will return in the end times. That is pretty evident from John's Revelations.

The 'Son's of God' are the angels. There are angels (good and evil) present on this earth and they are normally in spirit form.

Have a great day,

Ronnie G

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Eduardo Grequi.

I am sorry but I think you didn't understand my question...English isn't my first language, French is...therefore, depending how something is written, it may be confusing to me as it may not be clear enough...and this, obviously isn't clear to me...
And I probably wasn't clear enough myself, I am sorry about that...

In this text, the person is talking about ''Aliens'' and ''Flying saucers''...
And by pure coincidence, I need to add that my husband is military. There really is a ''Area 51''. At least, that is what my husband has been told and that it is Top Secret.

So my question is:

Is this person actually saying that Aliens and Flying saucers really exist and that they were here back in Jesus' time as well?

or

Is this person saying that people will be told that lie, and in reality there aren't any Aliens and Flying saucers?

I am talking about this part of the text:

''This will also explain Greek mythology and why many cultures left behind drawings in stone of men in spaceships. They were here when the judgment by water came, and will be here again in the judgment of the tribulation right after the rapture of the Church. Hope this helps you understand why Satan is setting everything up now with all of the space movies and the sightings of aliens and their taking blood from cattle and kidnapping humans. ''

Another question:

Does this mean that even back in Jesus' time, there were drawings of men in spaceships found in stone?

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bonjour- comment allez vous mon fille!, First you have to realize that Satan was one of those created beings similar to Gabriel, Michael (Archangels). In general terms they are called the sons of God because they represent masculine creatures. Jesus has always been God. In the beginning was the word (John 1) when you go to the 14th verse of John 1 it says ---And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the ONLY BEGOTTEN of the Father), full of grace and truth.--- Remember before Satans fall , Satan himslf was an angel of light with exceptional beauty, but one day Satan said in his heart he wanted to be like the most high God and rule- Of course God being God knew this and expelled him and his followers (the other angels from heaven) which number at least 1/3rd of the heavenly beings. Today we call them Satan and Demons. The book of Job is very unique in which "Job" scholars claim it was the first book written down. Although we put Genesis first in the bible- Job is the oldest written on paper. Job is the first of POETICAL FIVE. In a nutshel Job adresses very improtant questions- GOD Himself is in conversation first with Job, and then Satan. God sets a limit on Satan's harm.Which is do not destroy his life. Obviously Satan as to obey God. The problem of affliction,showing the malice of Satan, the patience of Job, the vanity of human philosphy, the divine wisdom, and final deliverance of the sufferer.

Remember Paul the Apostle declares that we (who are born again) MUST go beyond GENERAL human nature and open our eyes and SEE what we really have to deal with. WE have a fight of the ages through the blood of Jesus and His holy word read EPHESIANS 6: 11-20.

SATAN is defeated at the end, however, during the course of time and events he will try to use every whim and thing to prevent and discourage people from believing in Jesus and the blood of the Lamb. During this time of ages many so call believers will turn away and wax cold in their hearts. Remember when we believers feel to comfortable with our life, that is when we need to cry out to God the most.

If it is in the bible, read the content with covering of prayer and yielding of the Holy Spirit, God himself will show you the meaning in His timing. IT IS TRUE there were giants in the Land- Goliath was one of them!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

You will find this text at the bottom of this web page.
http://www.biblebelievers.com/powell2.html

Is this for real???
Is this true???
This person is using scrip tures to prove his point!...
Could this be false teaching?
Can someone please help me understand all this... [Confused]
Thank you so much in advance...

6 These sons of God were in the beginning with God before and when the earth was being made. [Job 38:7] These sons of God had the power to come before the VERY throne of God. When they did Satan was also among them. Thus, they are connected with Satan. [Job 1:6 and 2:1] These sons of God are so powerful that they came to the earth from the heavens and took human wives and no one could stop it [Genesis 6:2]. They did marry earth woman and had offspring. These that were born were giants and great men. [Genesis 6:4] They are foretold to be back during the great tribulation when they shall practice genetic engineering trying to reproduce with we humans. Really! In Daniel two you have the last kings in the tribulation and here are some kind of creatures trying to mingle their seed with the seed of men. They are the iron and we are the clay [Daniel 2:43]. Jesus foretold this They when he mentioned them in Matthew 24:38. The times just before the second coming is shown to be just like the times before the flood with Noah. Who were here when Noah was? Right, the sons of God. They will be back in the tribulation when they shall marry and eat and drink again. Now do not you see why it is so strange to say, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark.? It is not strange for humans to eat and drink and marry. We have always done this. But . . . sons of God have not! I believe that they were here with Noah and will be back again, just like Jesus refers to! These sons of God are the ones in I Thessalonians 5:3 when they arrive [probably in their flying saucers] they shall proclaim peace to the world. Humans have always said, peace in our time, peace with honor. The thing that makes this so unusual is that the sons of God themselves arrive [this is in the tribulation because the rapture has just occurred a few verses before] proclaiming "peace" to all mankind [You know, "we have come to save you from yourselves".]. Their technology will be as great as before, if not greater by now, when they took them wives of all that they chose [Gen. 6:2]. This will also explain Greek mythology and why many cultures left behind drawings in stone of men in spaceships. They were here when the judgment by water came, and will be here again in the judgment of the tribulation right after the rapture of the Church. Hope this helps you understand why Satan is setting everything up now with all of the space movies and the sightings of aliens and their taking blood from cattle and kidnapping humans.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement