Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » How did you come to faith in Christ?

Author Topic: How did you come to faith in Christ?
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all brothers and sisters for sharing your story about how you came to faith in Christ and perhaps others will join in. Each of us is a unique individual and each of us has a unique story to tell about God’s dealing in our lives.

Myself, I grew up attending church every Sunday. Then I left and attended another church where I made a profession and although I knew I needed to be saved, I didn’t understand salvation, or have assurance. One night while I was meditating on the Word, suddenly the scales were lifted from my eyes and I could see clearly, that Jesus died to keep me from the torments of hell because of my sin. At that moment I surrendered to the claims of Christ and received the assurance that nothing could separate me from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus, and I thank Him sincerely for that. I still face many storms on my Christian journey, but with Christ in the vessel I can smile at the storms, because I have come to realise they are for my spiritual benefit. Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

God bless you all.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I wish I had a more gallant story to tell, but this is what happened.

The place I was working at in 1984 had a couple of guys who were always telling me that I needed to accept Jesus. I did not have much of a religeous background.

I told these married religious guys that I thought they were full of bull. I pointed out that I was no worse than they were, as at least I only slept with my own wife, as they on the other hand were in bed with every woman they could get their hands on. One of the guys was a head deacon at his church. What a hippocrit!

Anyway the years rolled on and they kept on me to get saved. They would quote scripture to tell me how wrong I was. Everything they did was OK, so they told me, because as Christians they were still sinners, but they were forgiven. What a bunch of bunk, I thought.

I had never read or studied the Bible, and didn't have enough knowledge to even argue with those guys intelligently. So, for spite, I started reading and studying the bible, just to have enough knowledge to tell those guys off.

I was even watching Sunday ministers on TV.
One Sunday, while watching a guy named Kenneth Copeland, it all back-fired on me. All of a sudden I realized that the Lord I had been reading and studying about was real, and I realized it was all true. It was something. My heart really changed and I was a different person. This took place in the summer of 1992.

For a while, I was 'too saved'. Nobody wanted anything to do with me or to be around me. My own wife said I was not the person she married, and I think she was ready to leave me.
I settled down and mellowed out. Am adjusted now.
I went to different churchs, and joined and was Baptised in the Baptist church in 1994.

This month I turn 60. I have some physical pains but am very happy for those guys who got my attention. I know this was a bad way to get saved, but it worked for me!

Have a great day and may the Lord be with you,

Ronnie G

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up in Church from the age of 2 weeks and got saved about the age of 7. I am now 53 and through out my years I have been blessed to find that God is with me through out everything. My life has not been easy and I have had many battles, but God has never forsaken me. The night my sister died, I prayed to die. But, not only did God see me through, but over time He taught me to love life again.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloodbought wrote:
quote:
Was there a verse of scripture that spoke to you?
No.

quote:
Was it something someone said?
No.

quote:
Or were you challenged some other way?
Yep.

God had been trying to get my attention for 34 years. I kept ignoring Him and He kept trying.

He tore me completely down. By that I mean financially, romantically and mentally. I was serving too many gods and had to be cleansed of those things. He took away my businesses, fiancee, house and other worldly possesions.

I thought that the more I could acquire in life, I would eventually be happy. The truth is that the only way you will find peace and happiness is through Jesus Christ. I didn't know that at the time.

One day, close to my bottom, I gave in. I was spiritually, physically and emotionally tired of fighting with God. I threw up my hands and asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. I asked Him to forgive me of my sins. I offered my life to Him, no matter where He may lead me.

The truth is, Jesus is the ONLY answer. If anyone reading this is not saved, take this to heart. That emptiness in your heart will never be filled by earthly possesions or habits. Only by Faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior can this be done. I know...I was there.

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am celebrating my 28th birthday this very day. It was April 10th, 1977, at a revival in the civic auditorium in Emporia, KS. It was about 7:40 PM, and the revivalist,(Ron Macfadden), was praying for a little old lady with cataracts, and suddenly as my heart went out to the lady, the reality of my Lord Jesus Christ just came pouring into my heart, and flooded through every fibre of my being. It was that exact moment, that split second, when I finally quit running away from Jesus, and opened up my heart in prayer and ran to Jesus.

It took Him 12 years to finally get me cornered, roped and hog-tied, for I turned away from His alter 12 years before when I was 11. Praise the Lord for His patience, His mercy, His eternal grace and glory, and for His salvation for a vile lost rebellious sinner like me.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would like to know how you came to faith in Christ?

Was there a verse of scripture that spoke to you?

Was it something someone said?

Or were you challenged some other way?

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement