Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » I have a question!

Author Topic: I have a question!
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he most certainly has...

Look at the recent increase of devastating earthquakes and the Tsumani.

The various Plagues of unkown virus all over the world.

In this country we're seeing a new resurgence of Antibiotic-resistant superbugs they're calling flesh-eating bacteria. It was once only in hospitals, now it's spreading through communities (especially in Texas).

Look at the varous Locus plagues we had last summer in Africa and Israel/middle-east

In America, look at the number of increasingly devastating floods and wildfires, outbreaks of record numbers of tornados, extreme storms.

There are So Many examples that I can't think of them all off the top of my head, but you can check out this site:

www.rapturenews.com

On this site one of our brothers here (Ripp) keeps a daily record of the news that's noteworty. Just click on that link and it will take you to his website.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear sister Peh,

I have a brother-in-law who is from Florence.
You must know him, Horace Ford.

I live in the Charleston area. I've only lived here for 43 years. Came here when I was a young kid in the Air Farce. Have been here ever since, except when the USAF let me go visit the far east for a while, and when my later employment let me go to other places for a few months at a time.

Ronnie G

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good answer.

It always amazes me how "short-sighted" we are to history. [youpi]

I lived in Florence for 3 years, and see you are in SC. [Smile]

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear God Given,

from your post-

'Why havent the Lord send some destuctiveness our way yet.'

If you are referring to modern times, maybe God has.

I'm Sure Saddam Hessein thinks he has.

The survivors of Hiro-Shima in Japan probably think so.

The Nazi'z who were in Germany when the Russians invaded probably thought so.

There has always been some kind of war in the 60 years I have lived. I've been blessed not to see much of it personally, but this world is as corrupt and has as much destruction as it ever has.

As for 'our own backyard' (to USA residents),
what about 911?

Ronnie G

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starlight
Community Member
Member # 4474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've wondered about this at times, too. It actually cuts both directions. God is patient now, but He didn't used to be, yet He's supposed to be eternal and changeless in His nature. *shrug* I dunno.

--------------------
"but test everything; hold fast to what is good;" - 1 Thessalonians 5:21

Posts: 11 | From: KS | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Peter 3:

3: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4: And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5: For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8: But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9: The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10: But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11: Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12: Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13: Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

He will send judgement upon the earth, it is just the patience of God that all who will might yet have a chance to come to repentence.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GOD Given
Community Member
Member # 4529

Icon 20 posted      Profile for GOD Given   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why havent the Lord send some destuctiveness our way yet. In the Bible he was always destroying the wicked when a huge about of evil came into the World. (Like Sodom & Gomorrah, Noah, etc) This world has gone crazy, so why havent he did anything about whats going on now?

--------------------
Come to the BEST Gospel Forum on this side of Heaven!
http://s9.invisionfree.com/GOD_Given/
 -

Posts: 15 | From: Chicago | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement