Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Terry Cole-Whitaker

Author Topic: Terry Cole-Whitaker
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May the Lord bless you, and illuminate and guide your steps upon the pathway of faith, according to His perfect will and eternal love for His precious children.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamish
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hamish         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your reply, again confirming what I felt. It is good to know you felt the same.
Posts: 5 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a search and went to his homepage. His Conversations With God is declared to be like dictation from a soft spiritual voice which spoke to him and he wrote it down. The Word declares that Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light, and I would be very leery.

Form his education/teaching section:

"Education is about learning how Life/God/Universal Energy works. The word “education” comes from the Latin: educere which means to draw out, that is, to draw out from within the wisdom and understanding that already exists; bringing it forth that we might have a deeper awareness of how we create our reality and how our choices impact our own lives and the world around us. This goes much further than just reading the books and gaining an intellectual understanding. There are many questions that come up after reading books like Conversations with God when you are attempting to move into a place of living these principles in everyday human experience."

I find his teachings to be new-age empowerment from within, through the universal spirit, and contrary to the Word of God. Your concern with his teachings appear to be well founded.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamish
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hamish         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your reply which confirmed what I was thinking. I prefer to steer clear of the new age ideas. Do you know anything about the author Neale Donald Walsch who wrote Conversations with God. I am not very happy with some of things he mentions. I would appreciate your opinion.
Posts: 5 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 8 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.wheeloflife.com/

http://www.altnewtimes.com/Articles/2001/e14pcr.html

She looks like she is in to new age.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamish
Member # 886

A book I am reading mentions Terry Cole-Whitaker. I guess she is American as I have not heard of her in England. Does anyone know who she is? I have found her on the internet but can't make out quite what her beliefs are.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement