Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Tribulation issues to be addressed please..

Author Topic: Tribulation issues to be addressed please..
tenboom155
Advanced Member
Member # 4358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenboom155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first 6 weeks have been fullfilled by the Messiah. The 7th week is yet to come.

--------------------
My 2 Cents--pardon my poor spelling.

Posts: 52 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenboom155
Advanced Member
Member # 4358

Icon 16 posted      Profile for tenboom155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is what I have:
This list is taking the stand that the 7 churches were literal churches during the time Rev. was written and also that each church represents the strength of each church at a period of time in history.
I hope that makes sense. This is the teaching of Arnold Fruchtenbaum who is the founder of Ariel ministries ( www.ariel.org ). He is a messianic Jew and a great teacher. Check him out.

1. The 7 Churches
Ephesesus (30-100) Apostolic Church
2. Smyrna (100-315) Roman Persecution Church
3. Pergamum (313-600) The age of Constantine
4. Thyatira (600-1517) Dark Ages
5. Sardis (1517-1648) Reformation
6. Philadelphia (1648-1900) Missionary Movement
7. Laodicea (1900- present time) Apostacy

8. WWI and WWII (1914) (1939) The Zionist Movement began.
9. State of Israel (1948)
10. Jerusalem under Jewish control. (1967)
11. Russian and Allied Invasion of Israel
12. One World Government
13. Ten Kingdom Government
14. Rise of the anti-Christ
15. Period of peace and false security for Israel
16. Signing of the 7 year Covenant

17. Trubulation begins
Seal Judgments (1st half of trib)
Trumpet Judgments (1st half of trib.
Bowl Judgments (2nd half of trib.
18. !st resurrection is completed
19. The Marraige Supper
25. 75 day gap
26. The Millennium (Messianic Age-1,000years)
27. Satan is let loose.
28. Final Invasion of Israel
29. The Second ressurection
30. The Great White Throne Judgment
31. Eternity (New Heavens and New Earth; New Jerusalem.

Check out his sight. You can find his catalog there along with Questions and answers. He will answer your questions personally.

--------------------
My 2 Cents--pardon my poor spelling.

Posts: 52 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re the new heaven and the new earth, Jesus will bring all of his bride with him from heaven during the Second Coming, after which he will reign for 1000 years on earth.

The devil will be bound in a bottomless pit during this time. When he is released after the 1000, he will be finally judged and thrown into a lost eternity.

After this, a new heaven will be formed on this old earth, thus the term "new heaven and new earth". Neither heaven nor earth will exist thereafter as we see them to-day.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input HisGrace.
Yeah, I am also wondering what Teke means by making that comment, because it confused me further; I hope she responds and explains it.

I know that the word "rapture" is not in the Bible, but that the applicable concepts are outlined in many passages. "Rapture" is just the term we use to describe that moment when the church; the "body" of Christian believers is taken up (whether it is before, during, or after the tribulation). In any case, I was also trying to figure out what the "new heaven" and "new earth" concepts were all about, but there is another post elsewhere that discussed this, so I will look there again.

[Smile]

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you have everything in proper chronological order Lunarius, but I believe that the Rapture should be put in as number 1.

I Thess.4: 15-17 "I can tell you this directly from the Lord. We who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves. For the Lord himself will come down from the heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and the trumpet call of God.
First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves, Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the lord in the air and remain with him forever."

Many believe that Jesus will come and catch us up into heaven, where we will be there preparing for his second coming after the seven years. Notice in this scripture that His feet don't touch the ground. With the second coming he will touch ground on the Mount of Olives.

The bride is mentioned in Rev. 19. Verse 7 says, "Let us be glad and rejoice and honor him. For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb, and his bride has prepared herself."

Teke you said "I once believed the rapture story, but then I met the scriptures of truth"
How did you come to this conclusion?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teke
Member # 3534

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Teke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lunarius, I've been looking at some things about the Gog/Magog war and Armageddon. I'm premill in my beliefs.

First thing I would ask you is, where did you get the seven yrs from. All of Daniels weeks were fulfilled by Messiah.

There is a seven yrs in Ezekial that I believe may tie into end times, with the two wars.

I believe the false one is going to take credit for something God does, saying he did it (such as Gog/Magog war) And then decieve them into a false peace. Scripture tells us that it is by false prophecy, which is prophecying peace when there is none, that ppl are decieved.

I once believed the rapture story, but then I met the scriptures of truth. [Bible]

Posts: 3 | From: LA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. I need a bit of help here. I seem to have recently gone on sort of a Biblical information binge. I have been reading tons of scripture at the same time that I have gone over information on the internet about end times and prophecy. It's been sort of a mixed blessing because I have learned alot, but in turn I jumped the track a bit in terms of the order of things to come. I am familiar with Revelation, but I am confused on the order of certain key events. Anyway, I ask someone to please put the following events in a general chronological order (if there is one) of what is believed will take place through/after the rapture:

*The end of the 7 year tribulation

*Christ's 1000 year reign (on the new Earth?)

*The beast/antichrist locked away for a thousand years?? (with his "666" followers) - or done away with forever??

*The creation of a new Heaven and Earth

*All things of old "passing away" (I assume this comes last)

**Also, in general, if it says that things of old will have passed away, what's with the applicable 1000 years to certain situations, and does this mean that followers of Christ who are saved/taken up in the rapture will not be put into Heaven, but rather just held away from everything until the tribulation has ended - at which time they will be under Christ's rule on the new Earth?

Thank you very much.

[Smile]

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement