Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Judas

Author Topic: Judas
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are kind Study, but I just share what I believe God has shown me. I am accutely aware that many times, most times, perhaps all the time, like everyone else, I only have a piece of the puzzle and God has to come along and refine what is seen and correct my errors.

My continual prayer is that if there is anything I share and it fits for someone else that it be because it is of God and not of me and to HIM alone be the glory and if something I share if of me and not of God, that it cause no one to stumble and God forgive and correct me, and to me alone be the shame.

I tell you, I used to just believe that Judas was lost period. And I do believe that Judas shows us that one can believe with the eyes and the mouth and the head, and not the heart. But as to his being forever lost, I have had that understanding refined, in that those things are not for us to know about other human beings.

I am no lnger comfortable making such a statement and the day I realized that I had to ask forgiveness for ever having made it. Thus the things I do know of Judas (that he is not saved, as we know saved)(He was never seen to be born again.)

But I have some questions about Judas still. Was he a devil? Jesus said that one of you is a devil? or Was he seed of the serpent? What or who are the seed of the serpent? These things I do not yet understand.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks helpforhomeschoolers, you explain things so well.

God Bless

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judas was embodied by Satan physically and betrayed Jesus. It was Satan betraying God in the flesh.

John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Luke 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

Judas was predestined and called for exactly the purpose Judas played.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

We don't like to talk about foreknowledge and predestination, but Jesus speaks of it;

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

(DID Judas Come to him?)

66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Judas died under the law and Judas will be judged under the law just as John the Baptist will be judged under the law. At the time of Judas' death there was still grace attached to the Law.

And while it appears for all practical purposes that Judas was lost forever, the truth is that not one of us knows what God did in the last seconds of his life. Is it possible that Judas like the theif was in Paradise that night to hear Jesus preach?

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

It is clear to me that Judas was not a believer as we are believers. It is clear to me that in order to become the Church, and an apostle, they had to live to see the resurection and the ascention of Christ and receive the earnest of the Holy Spirit, and Judas was not one of these.

But Judas Died under different circumstances than we today die. Judas died under the Law, before Grace was removed from the Law. I am not so bold as to think that I can know Judas' heart the moment that the last breath left his body or what happened to him after that. Judas had been embodied by Satan himself and betrayed Jesus in that state; that prophesy be fulfilled. This was God's way and HIS will.

Judas' betrayal was NOT an act of free will, it was an act of God's will. Maybe you are willing to say when God will have mercy and when he will not, but I am not that bold.

Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Jesus said none were lost, but the SON OF PERDITION. It was SATAN that betrayed JESUS, and he used Judas' body to do it.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mentorsriddle wrote:

quote:
Judas accepted what happened to him out of his own 'free will'. Jesus told his followers during the last supper that he would be betrayed. Judas hearing this knew what he was about to do was wrong; but he still did it any way.

But Judas truned around and hung himself.

--------------------

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judas accepted what happened to him out of his own 'free will'. Jesus told his followers during the last supper that he would be betrayed. Judas hearing this knew what he was about to do was wrong; but he still did it any way.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Caretaker,
I understand the scriptures you posted above, but in your statement below:

Caretaker posted:
quote:
At one time, though, Judas believed that Jesus was a prophet, or possibly even believed He was the Messiah. Jesus sent the disciples out to proclaim the Gospel and perform miracles (Luke 9:1-6). Judas was included in this group. Judas had faith, but it was not a true faith, or at best it was a very shallow faith. Judas was never “saved” but for a time he was a follower of Christ.
What I’m picking up on is that at one point and I’m just making a statement that came to mind. ( Satan worship God and got be side himself). So in some since Judas did basically the same thing to Jesus that Satan did to God. Satan is doom and so is Judas. I find this comparison interesting. I just want to understand this fully.

God bless,

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible clearly indicates that Judas was not saved. Jesus Himself said of Judas, “The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born” (Matt 26:24).

John 17:12 also says concerning Judas, “While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.”

At one time, though, Judas believed that Jesus was a prophet, or possibly even believed He was the Messiah. Jesus sent the disciples out to proclaim the Gospel and perform miracles (Luke 9:1-6). Judas was included in this group. Judas had faith, but it was not a true faith, or at best it was a very shallow faith. Judas was never “saved” but for a time he was a follower of Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Yes, that’s what I’m asking, for he did go back and try to return the silver he received.

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, are you asking if somehow Judas received redemption because his heinous act of betrayal was necessary for the fulfillment of prophecy?

Somehow, I think not, and I am pretty sure I read a verse or two supporting my opinion, but am not positive.

I would be interested to see some in depth discussion of this thoughg.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Judas was the one to betrayed Jesus, was there any provision made for Judas in the end?

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement