Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Scuicide?

Author Topic: Scuicide?
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our life is not ours to take. This is a trick of the enemy. If you choose to take your life you are playing right into the enemy hands. To kill yourself or to kill someone else is still killing.

John 10:10
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Matthew 10:23
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 10:23 clearly state he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

So you see in this verse you must endure until the end. The end is when God choose to bring you home. The chose is not yours. If this in something one is contemplating. Please no this one thing. Once complete there is no coming back. There is only one man, Jesus who has returned from the died and not even he took his life. A person in this state of mind should be consulting with a clergyman of the church or seek canceling. There is no shame in asking for help.

May the Lord deliver anyone in this state mind.

God Bless. [Kiss]

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we have to remember that it is GOD ALONE that ordains both the bringing of life and the passing of life from this earth.

God does not allow us to be tempted past what we can bear without giving us a way of escape.

I have been suicidal, I was plagued by a spirit of depression for 8 years before God delivered me. The enemy tried to get me to take my own life continually. But I in my heart believed that it was not mine to take. Had I done so and been successful, this would have been the sin of rebellion. The pain was so bad that I begged God to take my life himself, because I could not. He would not, this was not in his plan for me at that time. It was God alone kept the enemy from convincing me to take my own life, largely I think because of what that would have truly been in my heart.

There are many people that love God with all their hearts who do take their own lives; but again, the ultimate decision to allow death to come is God's. He knows the condition of their heart and whether or not suicide for them is rebellion or whether it is simply pain to great to bear. In that case his allowing them to suceed in taking their own life would be merciful.

In the case of a lost person it is also God who allows this life to pass from this earth; we never know the work that God does in the last seconds of a persons life to bring them to repentence and we should not speculate. But you can be sure that if a person takes his own life, and that person is hell bound and GOD still allows that person's life to pass, it is only because no amount of time here would have changed his destiny or the place of his final destination.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been told that it is a heart issue. If the person was a christian and the person just got in a really bad place, like totally depressed and not able to think straight, that they would still be saved.

If they aren't a christian, then definitely they won't be saved.

But who really knows the answer?

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusader
Community Member
Member # 4035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crusader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine asked me if a person killed another person then felt sorry, if he could have forgivness from God. I told him yes, that God would forgive him. Then he asked me about a person who kills themselves. I didnt know what to tell him. What happens to a person who kills themselves?

--------------------
Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and unless you save me I am lost forever. I thank you for dying for me at Calvary. I come to you now, Lord the best way I know how, and ask you to save me. I now receive you as my Savior. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.

Posts: 19 | From: Tallahassee | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement