Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Adam and Eve

Author Topic: Adam and Eve
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss]

Hug Hug Hug

God loves you and so do I.

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to say I am sorry aswell. I have a bad habbit of allways taking the defensive on things. It is something I need to work on and correct for myself. Sorry to have that outburst, I Just don't know how to controll my toung at times.

Sorry Study

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To: MentorsRiddle From: Study

I have not thought about your salvation one way or the other. The views I have expressed is just that my views the way I see what was given to me in the way of understanding. I’m happy that you are saved.

After the statements of Adam and Eve you posed a question in reference to Sons of God, which you identified as angles having relations with the women on earth and why not Eve. Please read your prior statements in reference to this. You gave me the book of Gen 6:4 in reference to your question.

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

Your reference to Gen 6:4 took the focal point off of the subject of Adam and Eve, but I chose to answer the question you propose and future discuss. Yes, I call one of your statement warped, but in was not meant in malice. Where you see it in other places is where I copied and past just in respond to your rebuttal all in love. Even in that I gave you a different scenario just as you have given me different scenario. I understood you did not believe what you were saying, and it was so noted, but as you said you wanted to future discussion.

If, we can not ask question and give our view points then what is the point of this board. I choose to read/listen to each ones opinion and if I choose to respond than I respond. My opinions are not necessary the correct opinions, but they are my opinions as a Born Again Christian. We as Christian need to stop being so sensitive. I am the type of person that chose to take the meat from religious discussion and spit out the bones (free chose receive or discard) as simply as that.

I can see from the other forums, that the enemy is running wild here. God told us to resist the enemy and he will flee. Not us to flee.

Quit frankly I have enjoyed the discussion, it gave me more of an incentive to dig further into the Bible and I thank you for that. So if you have been offended, please accept my apology in love, I meant no offence to you or anyone else.

Stay saved and God bless.
I will pray for you and you can pray for me.

--------------------

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MentorsRiddle I’m going to leave you with this to think about. We as humans have a spiritual being and a human fleshly being. Our spiritual being connects with God. God only had one Son. Given this statement, I’ll leave you with these verse.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 4:9
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

May God bless you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you think that I am not saved? I am saved and have been for a very long time. What does the statement above have to do with Adam and Eve? By my statements you obviously think that I am evil in some way and that my views are strange. But again, and for hopefully the last time, I do not beleive on what I have said it is only an idea to further debate to help us learn. Unless questions are posed against something no learning can take place and no understanding can transpire. I am sorry if I offended you in any way, I only thought you wanted to have a discussion on the issue that you started... Sorry to have hurt you in such an horrid way that you would think me unsaved and "warped" as you put it...

Have a good day Study I no longer wish to partake in this conversation anymore if I am going to be judged for a idea, that I thought everyone understoood I do not beleive, but was only a thought to further debate.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my opinion only, but, if Adam and Eve had children before they ate of the tree and sinned because of that disobediance, would that make their children sinners too?

Would Yahweh have sent the children out of the garden along with their parents if they had not eaten of the tree?

I know the scriptures are silent on this issue we are discussing here, but I do not believe any children were born to them before they sinned. If children had been born to them and had not eaten of the tree which was forbidden to eat of, Then they would not have been guilty of disobediance and therefore would not have been made to leave the garden.(my opinon)

Any children born after the fall, would come under the Adamic nature, outside the garden(outside the presence of Yahweh).

No, I am of the opinion no children or seed of Adam was born in the garden of eden. But all of us who are born of Yeshua (the 2nd Adam) are going to live in that paradise again, only because His work on the cross has brought us back (redeemed) to Yahweh.

Adam and Eve were created to live forever in the presence of Yahweh. But because they sinned, he placed them outside the garden so they could not get to the tree of life and live forever in a sinful state. So, they went back to the dust (ground) from which they were formed.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff, eh? [Smile]

The word further says:

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

This is God's validation of the man. Praise God!

On a side note this promotes another train of thought along the lines of "sanctification".

To note:
"For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren..."

He, who is sanctified, is one with those who are being sanctified. I believe this is the deeper meaning of "Jesus Christ came in the flesh.": perfection puts on imperfection and thereby sanctifies it. This is the principle of the washing the inside of the cup; the same one that allowed Jesus to be touched by prostitutes and beggars.

Certainly, if this were not true, what hope would we have of being sanctified?

Ah, perhaps I should start another thread. [Smile]

God bless you,
Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Aaron I agree, only one begotten Son of God (Jesus Christ). But through Jesus Christ we are now consider sons of God, children of God. Just as in the Old Testament the Great(Giants)men of old were consider sons of God. Jesus had not come at this time. So the Great men, Sons of God had a direct connection with God. We have a connection to God through Jesus Christ.

Be blessed in Jesus name.

--------------------

Aaron
unregistered

Yes, one "begotten". And we are now His body. In Christ we are "the begotten".

"For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren..."

We praise you Lord!
Aaron

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

MentorsRiddle

That is a very interesting view point on how to look at that verse, but I can not help but think that it is wrong (in my opinion that is). I am not very up to date on the OT but more on the NT, and I might be mistaken but I beleive that when it says "The Sons of God saw the daughters of men" to me this is narrowing down 2 classes of beings: A) The Sons of God, and B) daughters of Men. Why wouldn't the bible just say Men saw Wome instead of Sons of God saw daughters of men? It was very spacific there on that point to state that there are 2 different beings being discussed.

MentorsRiddle I’m going to leave you with this to think about. We as humans have a spiritual being and a human fleshly being. Our spiritual being connects with God. God only had one Son. Given this statement, I’ll leave you with these verse.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 4:9
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

May God bless you.
[Cross]

--------------------

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

That is a very interesting view point on how to look at that verse, but I can not help but think that it is wrong (in my opinion that is). I am not very up to date on the OT but more on the NT, and I might be mistaken but I beleive that when it says "The Sons of God saw the daughters of men" to me this is narrowing down 2 classes of beings: A) The Sons of God, and B) daughters of Men. Why wouldn't the bible just say Men saw Wome instead of Sons of God saw daughters of men? It was very spacific there on that point to state that there are 2 different beings being discussed.
I do not discount your opinion but I am only trying to further the discussion that is taking place here.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

MentorsRiddle

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

Also you said "the enemy has to get Gods approval on anything that he does here." This is very true Study, however the very first book of the bible does speak of angles haveing relations with women on earth and them having wonderous children from their conception. So if God would allow those children to be tempted of the Angles why not Eve? Again I don't beleive it just comming up with a rebutal to your statement for arguments sake.

Mentors Riddle - The way I understand Genesis 6:4. Is first lets take a look at Genesis 5:1-32. This verse speaks of the multiplying of the human race. You have Adam who had Seth and begot sons and daughters, Enos, Cainan, Mahalaleel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, Noah, Shem, Ham, Japheth. (Giants, Great men of God). These men were considered to be the sons of God, just as we today are considered to be Gods’ children.

The men above produce sons and daughters in their lineage. These men were Giants (just as some may call Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby or Bill Gates giants just because of their wealth, power and popularity). As time moved on the above-mentioned names (Giants if you will) their sons began to look on the daughters. Given human nature, yes they begin to take these daughters and began to have relationship with them. If you will their sisters. (Incest as we call it today).

The verses say nothing of angels. The Giants were the great men above who had sons and daughter so they started to look on their daughters they all had begotten. They were considered to be Sons of God (not angels).

We cannot just take one verse for it’s meaning. We have to explore the chapter and verses prior and after.

If anyone view Genesis 6:4 in a different way, please post.

--------------------

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

MentorsRiddle - That statement is really warp, warp and warp. That’s your opinion. Even in that statement I don’t believe God would have permitted the serpent to touch Eve in that form. Remember Jesus had to enter into this world and the enemy has to get Gods approval on anything he does here. The story of Job proves that point. God would never have given the enemy that pleasure to have one up on him. He’s in control!

Also you said "the enemy has to get Gods approval on anything that he does here." This is very true Study, however the very first book of the bible does speak of angles haveing relations with women on earth and them having wonderous children from their conception. So if God would allow those children to be tempted of the Angles why not Eve? Again I don't beleive it just comming up with a rebutal to your statement for arguments sake.

MentorsRiddle – What chapter and verse are you referring to?

The only thing I find is when the two angels came to Sodom in Genesis 19 and the men of Sodom wanted to have relations with the angels and Lot offer his two daughters instead. The men were smote with blindness.

--------------------

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

MentorsRiddle - That statement is really warp, warp and warp. That’s your opinion. Even in that statement I don’t believe God would have permitted the serpent to touch Eve in that form. Remember Jesus had to enter into this world and the enemy has to get Gods approval on anything he does here. The story of Job proves that point. God would never have given the enemy that pleasure to have one up on him. He’s in control!

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

You called me warped. Again I DO NOT BELEAVE What I said I just posted an IDEA. You said you had a revelation about Adam and Eve but would not say what it was. There are massive ammounts of people who come to these boards every year posting crazy things. I just figured you were one of these type of people at first so posted something crazy aswell to see if you would take the bait and go off on it actually considering it.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gen. 3:
21: Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22: And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23: Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24: So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

It was Adam and Eve who ate of the Tree. It was Adam and Eve who the LORD GOD clothed. No one else is mentioned as eating of the tree or being clothed. It was eating of the fruit which was the sin, and if children had been present then they would have had to have eaten to also have sinned.

Romans 5:
12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14: Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15: But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16: And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17: For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18: Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20: Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Genesis 4:
1: And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
2: And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Gen. 4, was after the expulsion from the garden, for during the casting of judgement upon the guilty, the LORD GOD declares that Eve will have sorrow in conception and in the bringing forth of children,(future tense).

Gen. 3:
16: Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children ; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:

You can not increase or multiply that which does not exist.

One could argue that "childbearing" did exist but only then in the mind of God.
God may have communicated to Eve His plan for childbearing during one of their conversations. After the fall God told Eve, "Now, my plans have changed."

And...

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned..."

Because in Adam "all have sinned" a child of his could not have existed before the fall.

That's my 2 cents. [Smile]

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Scripture are silent, so I can only give an oppinion, but it seems to me Adam and Eve had children before the fall.

I know this is unexceptable to most of the Church world and I can not defend it.

But to multiply or increase anything, something must exist first, be know experintaly.

1+0=1 no increase

1X0=0 no multipication

I will stand corrected, if someone can prove to me from the scriptures I am wrong.

The scriptures do not give us any idea how long Adam and Eve were in the garden before the fall.

This is one of those question, if Yahweh doesn't give you the answer, you will never know.

I have wondered about this a long time.

This isn't the first time this queston has been ask through all the years since the fall.

Be Blessed

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

All versions of the scripture use the words multiply or increase in connection with “thy sorrow and thy conception.” Indicating that Eve knew something about childbirth before being cast out.

Yes, Eve was told what childbearing would be like because of the curse, but my quandry is, obviously if they had not sinned, the world would have been multiplied without any pain factor.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
MentorsRiddle

Perhaps since the serpent spoke with eve first then eve and the serpent had relations (committing adultery against Adam)out of lust, and eve wanted to have relations with Adam out of lust to show him how much better it could be? and perhaps Cain (because he was the first son) was actually born of Sin between the serpent and eve and that is the reason he was so mean. And perhaps Able was the true son of Adam and eve?

Then Adam's sin would have to have been Homosexuality? She offered the fruit to him and he ate.

quote:
HisGrace
How do we answer this one.? What would childbearing have been like if they weren't cast out of the garden? Some questions we will never have answers to.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

All versions of the scripture use the words multiply or increase in connection with “thy sorrow and thy conception.” Indicating that Eve knew something about childbirth before being cast out.

You can not increase or multiply that which does not exist.

quote:
Study

This is the part of the curse spoken against the serpent.... Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Now we know that Jesus was the seed of the woman; but, who or what is the seed of the serpent?

Jhn 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.

Yeshua, the seed of obedience

Satan, the seed of disobedience “seed of the serpent”

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

quote:
Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Everything steams form the beginning of time and we are all connected and have an effect on one another weather we want to admit it or not.

Choose life to me is to serve God do his will. If I’m serving God and my children see this along with teaching them. They will or should choose God (thou seed). If I were not serving God I would not expect them to either. (death) This is the effect on one another.

2Cr 4:12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

That is the principle of all life, every seed.

Dying to self that others may live.

Jesus died that we might live, we die that others may find that same life, "The Life of Jesus"

The author and finisher of all life.

Amen, Father let it be so. [Prayer] [Bible] [Cross]

--------------------

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

First thanks for the welcome.

Now here is something I would like to hear from you all about, if you would help me out here with your thoughts....

This is the part of the curse spoken against the serpent....Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.Now we know that Jesus was the seed of the woman; but, who or what is the the seed of the serpent?

I would say the anitchrist

What does this mean.....Jeramiah 27 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast. Israel and the house of Judah will be scattered or mixed with the seed of the beast

Who is THEY here below that will mingle with the seed of men?

From my understanding, it would be the angles that were thrown out of heaven along with Satan himself, Trying to mingle with the people of God. In the form of seductions in order to produce what he might call if successful a likeness of Christ, but the antichrist He always was jealous of God, but don’t have the power of God. I believe he know a great deal of Gods plan for his people and will do anything per say to throw a twist in it. Just look at what he accomplished with Eve. He already knows his time. Just from the statement made to Jesus when before he cast out the demons.

Matthew 8:29 – And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Notice something else in this verse. The demons acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God, but yet it’s hard for the whole world to.

Daniel 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

In these two verse it leaves me to believe, they (Satan and his cohorts) will produce off spring with Gods people in order to gain more power. God has given us power over the enemy. So (they) will want to zap our power to add to theirs.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Everything steams form the beginning of time and we are all connected and have an effect on one another weather we want to admit it or not.

Choose life to me is to serve God do his will. If I’m serving God and my children see this along with teaching them. They will or should choose God (thou seed). If I were not serving God I would not expect them to either. (death) This is the effect on one another.

Just my views and belief.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3] Welcome to the board study glad you have joined us. You can jump right in any room you like, even the crowded ones!

Well, this is surely an interesting thread! I think that Adam and Eve did not bear children because they sinned on the 7th Day and had not had the opportunity to have had children.

I believe that the period of time that a woman could concieve was different in the Garden and that is why part of the curse was that Gould would greatly multiply her sorrow and conception. This is why the period of monthly menesis is called a "curse".

In addition, I agree that it was because God had not yet knit any children together in eve's womb. I fear that we are so scientific in our thinking that we can not see that when a sperm cell unites with and egg cell this is not happenstance. This is the work of Almighty God who joins these two cells together and implants them in the uterine wall.

Isaiah 43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Isaiah 44:2 Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

saiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Romans 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Even Eve knew that God was the one who caused children to be....

Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Genesis 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Now here is something I would like to hear from you all about, if you would help me out here with your thoughts....

This is the part of the curse spoken against the serpent....

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Now we know that Jesus was the seed of the woman;but, who or what is the the seed of the serpent?

What does this mean.....

Jeramiah 27 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

Who is THEY here below that will mingle with the seed of men?

Daniel 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

--------------------

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Aye,

that is why I said that I didn't beleave it. I am just trying to get peoples minds going to come up with fresh ideas on what they think one of the oldest riddles on this earth might be.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by MentorsRiddle:
Perhaps since the serpent spoke with eve first then eve and the serpent had relations (commiting adultry against adam)out of lust, and eve wanted to have relations with adam out of lust to show him how much better it could be? and perhaps Cain (because he was the first son) was actually born of Sin between the serpent and eve and that is the reason he was so mean. And perhaps Able was the true son of Adam and eve?

Oh my! [Eek!] My grandmother is probably turning in her grave right now. MR, remember I quoted Gen. 4:1, which was after Adam and Eve were banned from the garden -

Now Adam slept with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant. When the time came she gave birth to Cain. Verse 2 goes on to say "Later she gave birth to a second son and named him Abel."

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

as I said in an above post: perhaps the tree of knowledge was actually fornication. In the bible when people are commiting acts of sexual desire it says "someone knew this person" refering to sexual relations. Perhaps the tree of knowledge which is to "Know" was perhaps the sin of fornication out of lust?

I do not beleive the following it is just an idea:

Perhaps since the serpent spoke with eve first then eve and the serpent had relations (commiting adultry against adam)out of lust, and eve wanted to have relations with adam out of lust to show him how much better it could be? and perhaps Cain (because he was the first son) was actually born of Sin between the serpent and eve and that is the reason he was so mean. And perhaps Able was the true son of Adam and eve?

Again I don't beleive this just throwing some ideas around.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your apology accepted.

If others have any other views, Please post thank you.

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do apologize for my attitude. We have had quite a bit of controversy-stirrers of late on the board, and I inferred that as your intent as well which was hardly fair since I don't know you at all. Please forgive me and keep coming to the boards.

Thanks for sharing your ideas about Adam and Eve as well, both you and His Grace.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie - That is not my intent at all. Just trying to find a home here, and this is a question and answer section. If you notice I have not quoted any scripture. The first house I stop at was quit crowded so I decide to stop in here. This was just a subject we touch on in my Sunday school class and I was just looking for further discussion on the subject.

There are many subjects in the Bible that I have never heard servants of God, theologians, Pastors, ministers ect. touch on and this just happens to spark my interest. Given your statement in the post. I can only assume your level of tolerance and patience is at its lowest point. Since you decided to be a spoiler.

I was not aware that you were the owner of the board, so don’t be offended by any question/s I ask here, and if you are offended. I am truly sorry.

Now that the air is clear. Here is my opinion.

I believe we serve an awesome God and he is an all-knowing God. Thus from the beginning of creations, since Jesus was already with the Father. The Father didn’t allow Adam and Eve to have any children because he already new they were going to sin. (Does the Bible not speak of how God knows everything.)? If Adam and Eve had produced children, before Jesus appointed time. There would not have been any need for God to send his son, because the children would have been sinless and righteous. This is also why we are all sinners. Thank the Lord that he knows all and have a perfect plan, because if it were up to mankind we probably would be in hells fire by now. Now the God I serve is an Awesome God. (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy sprite). Peace!

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

I am not wishing to argue with you Laurie, but I came across this scripture in Gen. 4, after they were banned from the Garden of Eden. (You mentioned that it could have been a possibility that perhaps Eve was already pregnant in the Garden of Eden.)

"Now Adam slept with his wife. Eve, and she became pregnant. When the time came she gave birth to Cain." Gen.4:1

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

prehaps the tree of knowledge was actually fornication out of lust?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have had so many people here lately come and try to taunt us into giving our views, so that they can then tell us their views and to beat us over the head with selected, taken-out-of-context scriptures in order to show us how hideously and horribly wrong we are. I have no idea if this is your intent or purpose, but how about you just come out with your idea and be up front with us. I know we would all appreciate it.

My opinion is that Adam and Eve were only in Eden a very a short time so there was no time for birthing and who knows - Eve may have already been pregnant? I don't recall any scriptural clues to that effect though, so would like to hear your ideas.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they were told to be fruitful and multiply, before their sin. So again why no children? Had they not lived as husband and wife before sin creep in? Just something to think about. I have my spin on this, but would like to see if any one else have the same spin, or should I say revelation?

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

Maybe they didn't have time to have children before the serpent issue.

In Gen 3:16 Then he said to the woman" You will bear children with intense pain and suffering. And though your desire will be for your husband, he will be your master."

How do we answer this one.? What would childbearing have been like if they weren't cast out of the garden? Some questions we will never have answers to.

I don't believe we have been given any clues in the scriptures on these issues. Everything is just pure speculation on our part.

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

That's a good one TEXASGRANDMA, but I would like to hear some other spins. Never heard this touched on before.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a guess on my part but, I think because God did not want to have to throw children out of the garden with the parents. It would have been very hard for them.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Why didn't Adam and Eve have children before they sin?

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement