Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Dilemma

Author Topic: Dilemma
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes HE indeed is AWESOME!!!

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
You just be the child of God that you are; God will take care of the one's who are against you, the battle is his and the victory is already won.

Oh yes, I am learning a lot about standing and coming against the right foe, the devil.
The more we yield to His will, the bigger the blessings.

I just have to share one little perk with you. God really has a great sense of humour.

I belong to another Board which is Pagan, Agnostic, Atheist, Christian; you name it, so discussions have become very fiery at times, to say the least. I have begged the Lord different times to leave the Board, but he has made stay in order to build my strength and faith.

Anyway, recently I decided to stay away for awhile, in order to get a rest from it all, because I was leery about a certain staff member who was capable of deleting/editing.

A few days ago a new poster had left a prayer request for prayer and no one was responding, so I went in and offered my prayers for the situation. I made an innocent remark, in order that the person wouldn't feel neglected, saying that some posters had recently left that Christian forum. I am sure it was reported to the administrator, and she came back at me with a caustic tirade about how I had smeared the reputation of the Board, and the remarks had been totally twisted. (They have been edited out with no identifier at the bottom of the post.)

I wrote her back a message telling her that it wasn't anything personal against her and the board as a whole, but I told her that I felt as if the Christian board was lacking in support. I said I had reasons for leaving, but didn't say why.

Unknown to the administrator, who admittedly says she is agnostic and has really come down on me bitterly many times, she now has become an ally, because I know our exchange planted a seed, and she will be watching her staff members more closely.

Isn't God awesome [dance]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How can you fight against someone who is so vindictive and bitter that they are telling lies about you?
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Luke 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

If you read Matthew 26, you see how Jesus responded to the Pharisee, when people came before them bearing false witness against him...

62 And the chief priest having stood up, said to him, ‘Nothing thou dost answer! what do these witness against thee?
63 and Jesus was silent.

I think the point is that it really matters not what man says against us. What matters is what God say for us. If God be for us who can be against us? He is our banner. He goes before us. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal. You dont have to fight against someone who lies about you. You just have to stand.

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.

You just be the child of God that you are; God will take care of the one's who are against you, the battle is his and the victory is already won.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

How can you fight against someone who is so vindictive and bitter that they are telling lies about you? I can tell from a mutual friend's attitude that this is true.

I have mentioned on this thread that the 37th Psalm is speaking to me lately, and once again I have to believe that God has my burden and my name will be cleared.

Psalm 37:5-7
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
He will make your innocence as clear as the dawn, and the justice of your case will shine like the noon day sun.
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.

There was a time I would have been shattered by this latest development, but I now know that God has everything under complete control. I totally stand on this scripture. [hyper]

{Just remember HisGrace as the scriptures say, "overwhelming victory"!!}

Thank-you so much for those who have prayed. [Prayer]

HisGrace
unregistered

Linda, what powerful words. Your posts always have such a strong anointing. Will be sure to read it carefully again a second time, in order to absorb its tremendous wisdom, and thanks Laurie for your concern. I am hanging in there -we can learn tremendous lessons by gaining patience.

May God richly bless you both. [Smile]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Hi HISGRACE:

I am glad you located this thread because I appreciated the sermon by Stanley. It is a good one.

I also wanted to address your original post. I was not here when you first posted and I never saw this thread.

You opened this thread with this....

quote:
When a person is waiting for an answer to prayer, and God has set up a series of events in his plan for your miracle and it falls through, I am wondering if you never get your answer, or does he go to Plan "B" ? When you think of how hard you have worked on Plan "A", I can't see how anything else would work, because it initially wasn't his will to go by a second route. No matter what, we have to keep thanking and praising him.

His grace, I dont believe God's plans for a miracle ever fall through.

God does not make contingency plans. GOD IS GOD!

God is always on time, never late and never early. God's way is always perfect, the first time and every time. God knows the beginning from the end. GOD is always in control. God allows some events to happen that come at the hands of the enemy, but these things are in his permissive will, which is always within the scope of his perfect will. In the life of the believer God is always working for our good and HIS glory the events that the enemy means for destruction. If God be for us who can be against us? Who is greater than God?

I have learned not to pray for what I want in my life, but to pray for HIS perfect will in my life. I have learned that all my plans are faulty. But if I give it over to God and pray his perfect will, he always delivers just that. Sometimes this does not look the way I think it should or expected that it would. But if I have in earnest desired nothing less than HIS perfect will, I can rest in knowing that this is the absolute right way, right answer, right course, even if things look scary or impossible or even ugly and painful.

If we are not careful and we persisit in asking for what we want rather than what he wants; He will give us what we want. Look what happened with the Isrealites who wanted an earthly king. or look at what happened in the desert when they were not content with manna and wanted meat. Often... ,most often, our wants pale in comparison to the riches and glory and goodness that God wants for our lives, but we think we know what what we want should look like, and most of the time we are wrong.

Trust God always.

quote:
When you think of how hard you have worked on Plan "A", I can't see how anything else would work, because it initially wasn't his will to go by a second route.
Perhaps the work you did on route A was something you needed to go through or do in order to be prepared to travel Route B.

Perhaps the second route was HIS plan all along, because though it may not look as good to you as route A, it is realy a better route. Route A may have been destined for a flash flood that would have swept you off the road and into a ditch.

Just because you worked so hard on route A and could not see any other way does not mean God could not see any other way.

If God saw another way, you can trust the way he saw was the best way. He is GOD.

But his ways are not your ways; he has a much bigger plan and a much more grand plan for your life than you have. He also has what is best for you in spritual and eternal ways in his area of concern. We can't always see that far into the future, but he does and he has since before the foundation of the world. He doesn't need to make contingency plans.

When your praying for a miracle, you have to let God give you the miracle HIS way. You cant work to bring the miracle into being and call it HIS miracle. You have to pray to God trusting and believing HE answers.

We should not tie GOd's hands or get in HIS way trying to bring about our own anwers to prayer.

He is patient and he will wait for you to realize that it was HE you prayed to and HE that must answer; and HIS answer that you really wanted.

He is longsuffering with us. Sometimes our answer to prayer doesnt come because GOD is waiting for us to sit down and wait on HIM. Sometimes the answers come, but we miss them because we expected them to look another way.

I was going to leave you with some practical examples; but I sense that this is ok, just as it is. I don't know if this will make sense or apply to your situation, but I felt compelled to post it.

I will leave you with these......

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

May God bless you and keep you always centered on the path of his perfect will.

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Color me convicted - by Charles Stanley's wisdom and also by my own words in that previous post.

Patience has never been one of my best virtues I guess. I repent of my most recent failures and commit to being more patient now. Moses went for 40 years and died even before seeing the promised land, and he was surely a greater person than I am. I have to remember that God does what He wants, when he wants it, and He has a reason for it all!

Thanks for this post, His Grace. I hope things are well with you.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Charles Stanley continued his sermon last night on patience.

Messages we send to God when we are impatient, and when we live out of step with God's timing -

1. I don't trust God - my timing is better.
2. I am going to use my resources instead of using God's.
3. I know better than God what is important.
4. I 'm more willing to get my way, more than to do the will of God.
5. I am more concerned about my feelings than my future.
6. Life revolves around me, my desires,wants and needs.
7. I am not concerned by the impact of my time demands on you.

Dr Stanley told the story about the Prodigal Son. In Luke 15:11-19 he asked for his inheritance from his father and he wanted it 'right now'. He travelled off to a distant country and squandered all of his money on riotous living.

The results of his impatience -
-Brought sorrow on his family.
-Separated from his family
-Poverty -squandered his inheritance and wasted it on loose living.
-A famine swept the land and he began to starve.
-Ended up feeding swine and sharing their food to live.
-Loneliness - lost everything and no one gave him anything.
-It caused guilt &
-Remorse with inner pain and anguish
-Felt unworthiness because of wasted years.

We have to wait for God's timing to make sure we are ready and mature enough to accept his gifts.

Dr Stanley said that the most important lesson to learn is that The Prodigal Son was welcomed home with open arms by his father and was restored as his son, but it did not erase the consequences of his impatience because he did not wait for his father's proper timing. His inheritance was all gone.

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks for posting that! God's timetable is not our own, and you are so right that we must pray without ceasing and never give up.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

It's really neat sometimes when you hear a sermon or read a spiritual article just when you need it the most.

Charles Stanley gave a wonderful sermon to-night on the Attributes of Patience, and I really needed it. He explained how it is intertwined with every aspect of our lives. God has perhaps promised an answer to prayer, but we sometimes give him deadlines. Many also believe that if He doesn't answer a prayer after we have waited a certain amount of time, that he isn't really going to give us the blessing and we give up too soon.

Dr Stanley gave the illustration of how David had been crowned king after Saul had been rejected by God and the spirit of the Lord departed from him, because Saul had been very disobedient. Saul was very jealous of David and he wanted to kill him. Therefore, David and his men were always on the run to get away from the wrath of Saul.

Saul happened to go into a cave in which David and his men were hiding. David had a golden opportunity to kill Saul but he didn't, and just cut off the edge of Saul's robe.. After Saul had left the cave he held up the piece of robe and showed Saul that he indeed could have been killed.

On a second occasion, Saul was delivered into David's hands when he found out where Saul was camping. David and one of his men crept into the camp when Saul was asleep and managed to get his spear and water jug. David climbed the hill opposite the camp until he was at a safe distance. Then he shouted down to Saul and held up the water and spear to show Saul again that he could have killed him.

David showed terrific patience because he already had been God's appointed man to become the new king, but he chose to leave the matter in God's hands and waited for his timing.

Attributes of Patience shown by King David -

1. Faith - He knew that God would handle Saul in his own way.

2. Right sense of values - David had been given a God-ordained position and he didn't want to step ahead of God's timing.

3. Discernment - His conscience would have bothered him if he had killed Saul and he knew he would not be blessed.

4. Wisdom - He knew it wasn't wise to take advantage of a defenseless man by killing him.

5. Love - after Saul had left the cave David shouted to Saul, "Why do you listen to the people who say I am trying to harm you? This very day you can see with your own eyes it isn't true. For the Lord placed you at my mercy back there in the cave, and some of my men told me to kill you, but I spared you. For I said, I will never harm him - he is the Lord's anointed one.

6. Courage - David had courage to say no to suggestions from his men to kill Saul

7 Determination - He could have told God that wasn't receiving what he already had been given and that time was running out, but he wasn't willing to disobey God.

Patience is all about time - we have to be willing to wait and show great perserverence.

Dr. Stanley made a couple of great quotes -
- The greater the blessing God has in store for us, the greater the patience required.
- The more patient we are , the more he can trust us with.

HisGrace
unregistered

Laurie, to an angel sent by God - [hug]

When the Lord guides us to certain scriptures, we really have to lean on them, no matter how cloudy and confusing it gets, and we will eventually start seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

I have been praying for God to give you wisdom and proper discernment in this situation, and that you will be able to lean on Him for the strength to do what is right in this and also I pray for you to have peace.
HisGrace
unregistered

Romans 8:37,38

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from this love. Death can't and life can't. The angels can't and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away.

Thank-you Jesus [Prayer]

HisGrace
unregistered

Things hateful to God -

Prov.6:18,19
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that seweth discord among brethren. (KJV)

Again, I am quoting these scriptures as the are laid on my heart. I just pray that I receive proper discernment when gaining wisdom from them.

Something was said that caused a seed of doubt to be planted in my mind. If this seed had gone into fruition, my life would have taken a drastic turn. I believe the Lord has given me these scriptures in Psalms and Proverbs, in order to tell me that lies have been said.

I am sorry that I haven't divulged any details about this very personal matter, but I will say that this person is not on BBS.

I can't stress enough that it is very important to keep our eyes on Jesus, and to learn to discern every little whisper of the Holy Spirit.

I am so grateful to you all for your prayers and support.

HisGrace
unregistered

I have been prompted to dwell on Psalm 37 for about the past four days and have no idea why.
Certain verses are especially speaking to me, Verse 6 being one of them.

"He will make your innocence as clear as the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun."

HisGrace
unregistered

The Lord has given me this scripture in order to fight against Satan and all of his forces.

Psalms 36: 11 - Look! They have fallen. They are thrown down and will not rise again.

We have to stand on the promises of God!

HisGrace
unregistered

First of all a warm welcome to you max - I hope you enjoy this site.

You have no idea how your post fits exactly into where I am in my faith walk right now. I opened this thread a couple of days ago, and have made a complete turn around since then.

The Lord has shown me that I have to lean totally on him for all understanding, because on my own I can go off on all kinds of imagined tangents and run blindly into the ditch.

I still don't have all the answers, but as you say "If I just trust him to have the bigger picture and wisdom, and have faith that he will deliver me, He does."

It is so important that we strive to stay completely in the centre of his will.

max4951
Member # 3983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for max4951     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths.

What a marvelous scripture for all times of advercity. I've always found personally that if I can see a way I think God should move in, or if I think I have a handle on His way, I am usually wrong. If I just trust him to have the bigger picture and wisdom, and have faith that he will deliver me, He does.

--------------------
It's a relationship with Christ not a "religion" thats makes a true Christian.

Posts: 3 | From: Childress Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by antitox:
What are you alluding to when you say, "and it falls through" ?

It looks like it's not going into fruition.
antitox
Advanced Member
Member # 2804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antitox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you alluding to when you say, "and it falls through" ?

--------------------
MJB

Posts: 151 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Laurie, I don't see you on the Board too often, but you always suddenly appear when I need encouragement the most.

Thanks for the uplifting scriptures, and I will be praying for you also. [hug]

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths.

I know you are experiencing something difficult right now, even though I do not know the specifics. I too am experiencing some difficult and confusing times. My word of encouragement to you for today is to trust in God, and in His magnificent plans for you.

Also, this passage in Jeremiah is something I am particularly relying upon these days. (Read the whole chapter, if you have time)

Jeremiah 29
11 For I know the plans I have for you,declares the LORD , plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

He has good plans for us, for our welfare and good, and not for calamity or ill.

I will keep you in my prayers.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 20 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When a person is waiting for an answer to prayer, and God has set up a series of events in his plan for your miracle and it falls through, I am wondering if you never get your answer, or does he go to Plan "B" ? When you think of how hard you have worked on Plan "A", I can't see how anything else would work, because it initially wasn't his will to go by a second route. No matter what, we have to keep thanking and praising him.

I know this is a tough one and I am not expecting any answers. I'm just venting - thanks for listening.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement