Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Question about marriage?

Author Topic: Question about marriage?
Seeker Of Truth
Community Member
Member # 3714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seeker Of Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If I may, I'd like to ask please how long she was divorced from her first
husband.

I honestly don't know, as I said she don't talk about it much. We have been together now for 11 years.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharingTheGoodNews
Member # 3688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharingTheGoodNews     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Endoxos hit the nail on the head from Matthew 5:31*32 Divorce

31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.'32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

You seem to be a wonderful example of a Christian Husband which
is rare in today's world. May God Bless the both of you now and
in the future.

If I may, I'd like to ask please how long she was divorced from her first
husband. My x was abusive to me and after 18 years I finally was able
to prove he was an adulterer after leaving me and moving in with his
girlfriend. {Since he married and divorced} It's been over 10 years now
and the pain subsided over the years. I'll pray for your wife.

Having you in her life is truly a blessing.

Repentence wouldn't be possible if it weren't for Christs' Blood. John 3:16

How a Christian marriage flourishes in todays world

When husband and wife respect God’s view of wedlock and endeavor to live by the principles of his Word. (Ephesians 5:21-33)—

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus said that adultery was an acceptable reason for divorce (Matt. 5). Paul said that if the non-believing spouse wants to leave the marriage, let'em go (1 Cor 7:15).

'Sides, marriage is bound by laws... a person is no longer bound to a law once they are dead... and a Christian is "born-again", ie we are dead to the laws that bound our fleshly selves in sin, our sinful selves crucified with Christ... if either of the first two marriages were done before her becoming a Christian... can the sins of the dead be held against the living? After all... "'till death do we part". If the spiritually dead continue to be dead, the Law then has nothing to bind the dead with the living. (I'm sleepy, and I'm really hoping that makes sense to you. Does it?)

I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. Repent of it... realize "Hey, divorce is sinful in God's sight, so I won't allow divorce in our lives". You, repent of marrying a divorced woman, her, repent of being divorced. Now, make sure you STICK to your repentance, and never become divorced! ^_~ Done, overwith, sins of the past need not be brought up again once settled. ^_^ .Voo

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what my Pastor told me, two wrongs don’t make a right. Telling someone to get a divorce to make up for a past divorce is not the answer. At this point, you and your wife should ask God for forgiveness for the past and now work on making this marriage last.
God does allow for remarriage if your mate commits adultery. Most Pastors agree that a woman in an abusive relationship is free to divorce.
I think you and your wife should be just fine before God. Strife to make your home a Christian home with your wife. Pray together and read the Bible together.

God is a loving God. He will bless your marriage. He will bring emotional healing to your wife. I think it is wonderful of you to be a good loving husband to your wife.
I pray that God will bless you for your love of your wife. Treat her gently and with kindness she will need more attention than most of us women. Love her as Jesus loves the Church.
Again, stay in your marriage. Don’t let anyone try to turn you from your responsibilities to your family.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the problem was stealing, you would return whatever you had stollen to whom ever it had been stoll and ask forgiveness. And go and steel no more.

If the problem was murder, you would go turn yourself in to the proper authority and admitte your sin and take the concerquences (what ever they be)``and do it no more.

If the problem were lust, you would deal with it and confess it to whoever needed, and go ernestling seek Yahweh's grace to over come this need. Doing it no more, to the best of the ability because Yahweh's grace has been place in the heart opf a true believer.

If a homosexual couple get saved, can they continue to live together because of Yahweh's "Amazing Grace"?

Why is there a difference between divorced and remarried couples.

The only way to repent that I can find in Scripture is to turn from the sin we are involved with and let Yahweh's Grace give us the ablity to walk in the Spirit. [Prayer] [Bible] [Cross]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seeker Of Truth
Community Member
Member # 3714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seeker Of Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering about what the bible says on marriage and divorce and would like your opinions.

First off I am married, 1st time and am faithful to my wife. My wife has been married twice before, I don;t know a lot about her first marriage just that she was young when she got married and he was abusive to her, She can not really talk about it as she usually starts crying when she starts to remember. Her 2nd husband was also abusive and he was cheating on her with other women.

I have had some people tell me that it is wrong to marry a divorced woman or man, and that it is akin to adultry. I do not really feel like I have done anything wrong here, In fact when we met it really felt like it was supposed to happen.

I know the bible says that he who puts his wife away causes her to commit adultry and he who marrys her who is divorced commits adultry.

Now as I said before I do not feel like I am doing anything wrong here but when I hear someone say it is wrong I can't help but wonder, I mean If it is wrong wouldn't it be an inescapeable paradox? e.g. Staying in the relationship would be wrong and ending it would be wrong so there would be no choice that would be correct.

Can you see my delima here?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement