Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Why does God hate me?

Author Topic: Why does God hate me?
Wayne Freeman
Advanced Member
Member # 627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Freeman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ least a few of us are in the same boat. I'm going throught the same trials you two are going through. In my case I had to give up my computer shop to take care of an invalid 97 year old mother in law so my wife wouldn't lose her job. The business isn't working in my home like it was in my shop. We've got a lot of financial problems as well. That's doesn't worry me near as much as everything going right would however. If I wasn't having any problems I'd run to an altar somewhere & get right with God. it helps to remember Satan has his finger on @ least 90% of the people living on this planet, church people included. so it's no big problem for him to make your life miserable. However God promises His children they won't suffer needlessly. Often we suffer because of decisions made by someone else we've brought into our lives, or we suffer because we've somehow gotten out of His will; but in all of that God is a rewarder of those who seek Him diligently (Hebrews 11:6). If we really want His guidance in a situation, He's promised to be there for us.

--------------------
If you're not in the light of God, you're in the dark about a lot of things
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/getrealwithgod

Posts: 21 | From: Littlefield TX | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God does not hate you and God Always answers our prayers. Sometmes the answer is no. But more often the answer is missed because it does not look like we think it should look.

A couple of things... when I go through hard times or times when the devourer seems to be having his way with me, I have learned to start looking for what God is doing in the midst of my shaking. God is always working for good those things which the enemy means for our demise, if we are the called according to HIS purpose.

So, what does God have for you in your financial difficulty? Is he tring to teach you about relying on him? Is he trying to show you that you are not being good stewards in some area? Is he leading you to restructure your life or change prioroities? Is he simply leading you to learn to be thankful in plenty and in lack? It is so easy to thank God for our blessings, but we must learn to thank him also for our thorns!!!

I dont know the answers to these questions or even if they are the right questions, but God knows and he will let you know if you seek the answers... try to pray about what God is doing in your life and in this situation. Rest assured that it is not that HE is doing nothing.

Take your eyes off you and your situation and place them on HIm and you will likely see the answers.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristi
Advanced Member
Member # 3396

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Kristi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and Welcome Dawn39,

God answers Prayers in His Timing not ours. Please look for the everyday Blessings He gives you sweetie!

I am severly disabled and lost my job last year. I've had no income Zero since July 21st, 2003. I have to F.ully R.ely O.n G.od (Frog) all the time for my needs. And guess what, I no longer have to pay any premium at all for my health insurace, nor my medications either, Praise Jesus for the Blessing!! I get Food Stamps every month. I am staying with a friend and sleeping on my futon in the living room until I get my SSDI.

So, I see God's Blessings Everyday. I know it's hard to good when so much bad happends. We are God's Children, He Loves us Uncontionally. Praise God for His Son Jesus, Praise Jesus for Dying on the Cross for our Sins, Praise The Holy Spirit, Praise the Holy Trinity!!!!

Love ya Sister, [clap2]

YSIC,

KristiAnn

--------------------
YSIC \o/
MsGuidedAngel aka KristiAnn
*~*Kristi Ann's Haven*~*

Posts: 109 | From: Oregon | God Loves You! | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 8 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawn39,

I really don't think that God hates you or your husband. I can feel the desperation and brokeness in your words and I feel strong compassion for you, but I'm not sure what to say at this point. I'm not going to throw a lot of scripture verses at you because I have a feeling that you've already been there and besides, I think sometimes that's the easy way out.

Could you perhaps tell us a little more about yourselves. Sometimes the most insignificant details provide insight.

Also, I notice that you mentioned that this has been going on since the time you got married. I don't know that it means anything, but since you brought it up I have a feeling that it might mean something to you.

Please keep posting. There are a lot of believers here who can provide love, compassion, and insight.

I promise that I'll pray for you; try to find rest in God's peace.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was exactly where you were less than 4 months ago. We moved sold our home and moved three thousand miles away. We prayed and had our Church pray and felt that this is what God wanted us to do. When we got here, we found out to our surprise that the money we got from our house could not even buy a garage here. We moved into govemenent apartments because we are on a fixed income. Hubby put part of the money in the stock market. Turns out the company hubby chose to invest in was doing great. Hubby even told the Pastor how God was blessing us. Then hubby lost his faith when it turned out the company was found to be lying. Son lost his job and we were all devasted. But with alot of prayer from my friends here and my friends in real life, I am slowly getting my faith back. We still dont' have the money for a house but son has job. Hubby still does not believe that God answers pray except for salvation. He feels God saves you and says and then forgets about you. But, I can see God working on him too.

I am saying all this to say. I know what you are going through. I know it is hard and I know you are angry. This is what I did. I told God how angry I was. I then asked Him to help me. I can't say peace came over night but little by little I begin to feel better. I know everyone here including me will pray for you.

I do believe that because this is the end time the devil is fighting Christians very hard. He is seeking to destroy us before Jesus comes back. But, God is bigger than satan.
Is there someone a Christian couple that you and your husband can go and talk to. Like a Pastor and his wife. You may have to ask for a couple of weeks leave from your work at Church in order for you to do be fed yourself. Hang in there. God has not forsaken you. Remind yourself about how God loves you. Read Psalm and you will see that David often got mad at God but he would call out to God when he was angry and God would help him
I love you honey and i will be praying for you.
It is is not a sin to get angry or mad at God, it is only how we act on our anger.
There will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Right now, my is a small candle but I am trusting God that it will be brighter for you and I.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn39
Member # 3665

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Dawn39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray and pray and pray but He hasn't answered any of my prayers in the past 4 years -- ever since I got married [Frown]

Shortly after my wedding I lost my job and haven't been successful at even getting an interview since the summer of 2001. We are in financial difficulty and even though we tithe and I ask God for help with our finances, we seem to get further and further into trouble. We've been trying to have a baby and have been praying for God to bless us with a child, but the closest we came was a miscarriage last July. It just seems that God hates me and isn't interested in me.

My husband and I go to church, pray, read our Bibles and even are the leaders of a ministry in our church .... and I know that we can't "work" for God blessings, but why are we doing all that we know how to please God and yet He doesn't seem to send us even a ray of hope ever once in a while?

I must have does something really, really bad to have displeased God so much that He won't even listen to me [Frown]

--------------------
"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope." -- Dr. Martin Luther King

Posts: 3 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement