Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » dating

Author Topic: dating
JohnnyB
Advanced Member
Member # 3574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible says nothing directly about kissing in the context you may be looking for. The Bible says nothing about dating. Dating is a newer concept. Some people are totally against dating and use this as their defense "They didn't date in the Bible." No they didn't marriages were arranged, why? Not because it was the godly way. The Bible does not condone or condenm arraganged marriages because it was a cultural practice, just like dating is today. The Bible never spoke of arranged marriages (by people) as a positive or negative, it speaks neutrally about it, never focusing on it (excluding marriages arranged by God). If you are submitted to God, then you will still have your marriage arranged by God, this is the best way. This doesn't mean you can't date.

The question of whether or not you should kiss is hard enough to answer that one could preach a 4 week sermon on all the implications, and reasonings. There is a lot to consider.

To state my personal advice without giving you a lecture: Don't kiss. I state this not as an old party pooper but as a 20 year old who has seen many of my friends lives ruined or damaged by simple beginnings such as kissing. And these friends are only in their 20s as well. It only takes one night, one relationship to create havoc.

There is a lot to say about the dating relationship! way to much for me to get into right now. If you go to your local Christian book store you will find tons of information on the topic, A friend of mine has read a book recently and loved it. I have not read the book nor can I think of the name right now, I will try to think of it and get back to you. My Psychology professor has had me read many many books on the subject... after a while they all get blurred together and I can't remembe which one said what. Tomorrow I will try to go through my old Adolescent Psychology notes and find the book references, they were all very good.

--------------------
It is dangerous for God to give high truth to highly educated people. There is a danger that in the furtherance of that truth it becomes mixed with an alloy of human wisdom. It pleased God on that first Christmas morning to give high truth to humble men, even shepherds in the fields.

Posts: 43 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right off hand I can't think of anything.

I do know that it says he who lusts after a woman in his heart has already commited adultry.

But to be honest I really don't know I think someone else will be along shortley to view this post and can give you a better ansewer to me.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baptist
First Post
Member # 3600

Icon 15 posted      Profile for baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend and I are both Christian. We just started going out not that long ago and we wanted to know what does the Bible say about kissing? We are both 15. Does the Bible have anything for kissing a girl? Both our parents dont care if we kiss but we wanted to see what the Bible said about it.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement