Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » looking for help in wittnessing to Gays

Author Topic: looking for help in wittnessing to Gays
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by johnrexj:
How many times do you all have to be told that this is not a choice?

Why would anyone choose this?

Would you choose to be a homosexual?

Then why would I?

Just like that? Out of the blue one day.

Wake up in the morning, and say "Gee! I really think I'm gonna fancy Tom now. Why, Jessica's not really pretty anymore, and besides I'll only lose like all of my friends...and cry myself to sleep. Yeah! Good idea!"

I responded to you on the other thread also, but I feel I will here too.

I used to think that "homosexuality" was a choice for people, before I starting having dialogue with many and found out quite a few startling things, that led me to (I Hope) more understanding than I had before anyway.

Some told me, they were never sexually abused, or at least remmeber that. Many told me they felt attracted to members of the same sex as young as they could remember back in their life. Before puberty, like age 4 or 5. They stated they ALWAYS had that inclination.

So while the belief that homosexuality is caused by sexual abuse or a domineering parent, or other identifiable outside reasons can be true in some people, it usually isn't the case.

So I noticed that the more I conversed with these people, I starting having an attack of spirits on me. Sometimes even homosexual thoughts, or sexual thoughts and funny dreams after conversing about this. I also noticed the commonaltiy of spirit all these people had ,in unison. It was eerie.

Praying about for quite a while, and I felt that there is a spirit of the demonic realms that is homosexuality. That is how and why it gets tranfered, is by the spiritual, and since it's spiritual, it can deceive the person into believing that God made them the way they are, and that it's God's fault.

The Bible is definite on the subject of homosexuality. We know God calls it a sin.
God would NOT make people born a homosexual.

So if it's not from God, it's either the flesh or from Satan.

It's well known that homosexual men have higher testosterone levels than heteroseual men. The spirit of lust in homosexuality either increases this through lust, and testosterone is highly potent to making a person want sex.

They haven't found a Gay gene, and they won't. But they have found this difference in testosterone levels.

I notice that gays tend to talk about sex more than the average male. Their whole life revolves around sex. They identify themselves by what and who they have sex with.

These are a few of the reason I believe homosexuality is spiritual bondage and a stronghold.

One can be delivered, and I can't say that's a one day event, though God can do that too.

You can choose to be free. By the Blood of Jesus, and in His name and Power.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnrexj
Community Member
Member # 4116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnrexj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many times do you all have to be told that this is not a choice?

Why would anyone choose this?

Would you choose to be a homosexual?

Then why would I?

Just like that? Out of the blue one day.

Wake up in the morning, and say "Gee! I really think I'm gonna fancy Tom now. Why, Jessica's not really pretty anymore, and besides I'll only lose like all of my friends...and cry myself to sleep. Yeah! Good idea!"

Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnrexj
Community Member
Member # 4116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnrexj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like a lab specimen already...

This is fun.
Reminds me of some other Christians I know.

This is so silly. So formulaic. I remember the formula too.
So smug.
So self assured.

Heterosexual Christians take the cake for their density sometimes.
What can I say.
If you were gay, you would be singing a different song.

I know. I was a more perfect Christian than the lot of you, until God did this to me.

Oh He didn't?

Please remind me of the date I "decided" to have sexual feelings for members of the same sex. I forgot.
Whatever was I thinking that day?

Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Quote:
Romans 1:
26: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

That is the only verse that I've been able to find that says anything about women. I have been shot down with that it already.

One of my friends said that it meant using "toys" and foreign objects, not touching and caressing because touching and caressing IS natural.

Yes, I know it's only supposed to be natural between male and female, but I can't convince them of that. They say that it's ok for women, because women were created to be loving and touchers and all that.

If it wasn't for the fact that I only have a few friends, I would just give up on them! But I love them and don't want to lose the friendships that I have fought to keep.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Cross] Opps! anyway God's word tells us homosexural behavor is a sin, here are a couple of the verses.
Deuteronomy 22:5 - "A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
As always my love to all and May God bless! [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jade, are you here because you want to know the truth or are you here to spread Satan's lies? If you are here to do the later then you might leave now. They (The lies of Satan that you speak)are not welcome here and will not be allowed here.

If you want to know the truth and your question is a truthful question and not a rhetorical one, then I will tell you the truth.

1. Homesexuality is not natural. Animals (nature) are not homesexual. In fact the male of many species is highly agressive against other males of the same species.

2. Homosexual behavior is a sin because the Scriptures say that it is a sin and against nature and against GOD. Homosexual behavior is for some a desire of our flesh which is also sinful, which I know you do not believe, but your denial of the truth does not change the truth.

Lastly, Peace and Love are a person, They are One in the Same persons, HIS name is Yeshua, (Jesus the Christ)(God of gods incarnate in the flesh crucified, died, buried,a propitiation for your sins and mine, risen physically from the dead,the hope of our also rising, ascended physically into heaven, where he now sits at the right hand of the Father God, and returning very soon to establish an earthly kindom and bring judgement against all who are not HIS. I hope and I pray that your eyes will be opened, and you will see your error and repent of your blasphemies and ask forgiveness before it is too late.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jade
Sin also is completly natural but we all know God states the mandates of sin, therefore I would have to say homosexural behavior is a sin only because God says so

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quote:
Meh, call me the "black sheep", but I've got a different view on homosexuality. [Smile]

Homosexuality isn't a choice. It is completely natural, so how could it be a sin?

Peace and Love be Our Guides,
Jade

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You are not a "black sheep", you are no sheep at all for the sheep recognize the Shepherd.

The term "black sheep" connotes as being a part of the family, though ostracised because of indiscrepancies or attitudes. You are not a member of the family because we who believe and have received Christ are the children of the Living God through the spirit of adoption. When we come to Christ we are adopted by God and become joint heirs with Christ. You Jade have rejected Christ in your pursuit of WICCA, and are in sin and rebellion.

In regards to homosexuality:

1) It is not natural. It is both a violation of physiology, and it is a union of organisms unable to procreate.

2) The Creator of the Universae has declared it to be a sin, and your inability to recognize sin does not negate its reality.

Romans 1:
17: For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18: For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19: Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23: And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24: Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28: And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29: Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30: Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31: Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jade
Community Member
Member # 4118

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meh, call me the "black sheep", but I've got a different view on homosexuality. [Smile]

Homosexuality isn't a choice. It is completely natural, so how could it be a sin?

Peace and Love be Our Guides,
Jade

--------------------
Prayer comes in many forms.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David and WhiteSands,

The problem is that everything I find is geared almost completely towards male homosexuality.

There was an article on the site that HFHS gave me that talked about girls needing the intimacy that they didn't receive from their mothers coupled with an abusive or absent father. I think this is the situation with everyone of the girls I know and am friends with.

I'll keep praying and searching for answers. Thank you all for your help.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some link with good info:

How should I witness to a homosexual?” 1 Tim. 1:8–10

http://e-tacklebox.com/questions/howshouldiwitnesstoahomosexual.shtml

Order this booklet (It's FREE) and give it to them or send them to this link:
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/cb962/

More links:
http://jesusisthelight.net/HOMOSEXUALITY.htm

Hope it helps!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The big problem with this is that there is a big lie going around that says homosexuality is not a sin and that it is a normal alternative lifestyle.

That is a major deal going on right now...It's just like the lie that fornication is o.k....One thing grandma is you can ask them "do you think fornication is a sin?" See what they say.

Another interesting thing is when someone commits a homosexual act they are committing two sins...Fornication and homosexuality. Unfortunately this is where the "gay" marriage lie comes in...This goes back to the agenda of making homosexuality look like it is o.k...

The problem now, is that we have gay leaders in the church and this misleads many people thinking it's o.k...

We hear of the term "gay" Christian..No such thing...How can someone be a Christian without repentance ? What they are saying when they use that phrase is that they can continue in that sin and that it is o.k. by God which is not Biblical..God says it is a sin...Matter of fact it is the only sin referred to in the Bible as an abomination...Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for that sin.

The truth is that it's a sin and like all sin God tells us that we should repent from it and ask Him for forgiveness...Anyone has chance for repentance and salvation no matter what their sin is...

The other lie is that "you're born that way." Well, I do think that many of us have a tendency toward certain things or are weak in particular areas but we still have a choice to or not to engage in a sin.

There are some people that are tempted by homosexuality and it is enticing to them....This doesn't mean that they are gay until they begin lusting after a person of the same gender and begin engaging in physical activities. they can choose not to do this.

Homosexuality is a sin just like fornication and like many other sins...You can repent and God can deliver you.

Now a person that struggles with this sin can be saved..They can repent and they may struggle with it and even stumble...They have to get up, repent and ask God for forgiveness and keep fighting....They will have a remorse that will settle in their hearts that will make them want to avoid doing it again...

It's just like someone that struggles with fornication...They are tempted to do things with their boyfriend or girlfriend but they can choose not to do it until they get married.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

thank you very much!

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bat Elohim: This is the link for Exodus International, it is a group committed to the setting free of people in bondage to homosexual sin. There is a huge amount of information here for pastors and people counseling homosexuals.

I am sure you will find some wisdom here. It is not clear to me as to whether they know and accept this is sin and chose to do it anyway; or whether they deny it as sin. I think your approach will be different in each case.

I will pray for you sister. Look around their site there are some excellent articles and other information.

http://www.exodus-international.org/library_church.shtml

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Hey, forgive me for dredging up old topics... but... I need some help with this one.

I have several girlfriends that are lesbian or bi-sexual. These are mostly girls that in every other aspect are strong Christians. They say that everyone sins and no sin is greater than any other sin. If God forgives liars then God will forgive homosexuality.

I too believe that all sins are equal, but what can I say to them? Their sin has been exposed and none of them go to my church any more. I have been encouraged by my pastor and several members of the board to not be friends with them anymore, but I believe that Jesus would not have turned away from them.

These girls say that the only reason they continue in their sin is because they don't have a husband to be intimate with, and when God sends them husbands, the sin will stop. But I feel like God won't send them a husband until they stop sinning in this way. They replied, then we have no choice.

Should I just walk away? I don't feel like I can. These are some of my closest friends. I pray for them, but my prayers seem powerless. Is there something specific I can pray or say to them?

--------------------

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Betty.

What do you want to say to them?

If you give me a direction you want to go in, I’ll do my humble best to help provide information for you, as well as verses etc, to help you on your path.

Please remember one thing, these are real people, with real emotions and feelings, they are not sub human or anything.

I have always been told, that in their case, they have scrummed to their Sinful ways, the same as say a pathological Liar has. Do not hate them. Just try to lead them to understanding.

Just because you desire the sexual company of a person of the same sex, does not mean you have to engage in the sexual act itself.

If you wish it, I’ll find you verses and such, back up my above statements.

I would have to say, the best advice you can give these people about homosexuality is right here. Here

If you want more. Tell them that THIS is something they should take to heart. As well as learn something from This Site

I’ll do all I can for you Betty.

Tyme.

“There is only one truth, weather you want to believe it or not.”

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope others help out. I'll try to get some things together for you in the next couple of days.

Dan

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the last couple of months I have been asked by several homosexuals on another bbs board, what God says and why it is a sin. I am looking for a site that can give me the right things to say.
I have been surprised by "Christians" who have told these young people. "Well, it is considered a sin but God is love and so don't worry about it anymore" "God is love and He would never send you to hell for being gay, when it is not your fault" One even said "God died for all sins, so don't worry about being gay" I told these people that when they tell someone it is okay to stay in your sins that God will hold their blood on these "Christians" hands for that.
But, I need more spritiual ammunation to fight these battles. If you spend time with young people these days you will find that is now considered "cool" to be gay and some young people are "trying" it out just to be "Cool"
Thank you for any help you can give me.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement