Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » In the Wilderness

Author Topic: In the Wilderness
God's Princess
Member # 3039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for God's Princess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your respones. I'm determine to take each day at a time and to keep my focus on God. I know that God will not fail me. I don't doubt the power of God and have to trust in the Lord because I know God knows all about what I am going through. Again, thanks for your advice.
Blessings to you,
Sharon

Posts: 2 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two weeks ago, I was here in the same condition. Due to circumstances beyond our control we lost alot of money which was to finace our dream of a house of our own one day. Seeing as how I sold our home and moved to where God wanted me in a step of faith I felt betrayed by God. But I got alot of help here from people who care. One thing that helped me was just to talk to God and tell him how your feel. While saying the Lord's prayer is great sometimes just a simple prayer telling God exactly how you feel works best. The way I figure it God knows your upset. So, why not just tell him. I can't say that things have changed in my circumstances, the money is still gone. But, I am begining to feel a peace about my suitiation.

By the way I can relate to the depression, too. It runs in my family. One thing that helps me is to do something for someone else. Sometimes, just being nice to a stanger in a grocery store helps me to see pass my depression. I will pray for you. I am not giving up and I pray you do not either. [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you didn't let us know what your "depressing situation" is, but the one piece of advice I have for you is not to stop saying the Lord's Prayer. But when you're saying it, don't just recite it from rote. Insert the things into it that you need.

Dear Father that art in Heaven (Almighty Yahweh, precious Heavenly Father)
hallowed be thy name (Your Name above all names, God of gods, Lord of lords)
Thy kingdom come (I eagerly await the coming of your kingdom)
Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven (I truly pray that Your will be done on Earth, and especially in my life. I can hardly wait 'till Your will will be done by all)
Give me this day my daily bread (Please help me to feel the joy of Your love for me and the love of my brothers and sisters in Your Son's name. Please help my out of my situation [don't be afraid to be specific when talking to God, if not to us [Wink] ] and lift this depression from me. Please take this burden from me, or if that is not your will, show me the way out from under it, as You said in Your Word You would do.
and forgive me my tresspasses as I forgive those who tresspass against me (or debts, if you prefer. Again, don't be afraid to be specific here...Father, I know that I [lied, was prideful, cursed, said your name in vain, was idolatrous, did not love you with my whole heart, did not love my neighbor as myself, etc.] when I [...]. I am truly sorry and humbly repent. [and make sure you truly forgive others]
Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil (again, be specific about things that tempt you to sin, and if there is some sin in your depressing situation, include that, along with "suggestions", for lack of a better word, of things to keep you away from, for example, if your situation is being hindered by alcoholism, you might ask that He not have you drive past a bar on your way to wherever you're going, or at least to protect you from the temptation that such may bring.)
For Thine is the kingdom (it is Your kingdom and it is wonderful) and the power (You are the Almighty, most powerful God) and the glory forever and ever (for eternity).
AMEN

When I pray this way, it really makes me focus on the meaning of the Lord's Prayer. And since this is the way Jesus taught us that we should pray, it pretty much covers all the bases. The only thing I do extra is that I will often include thanksgivings in the "daily bread" section. I always feel much better after I pray this prayer this way, and I hope it will help you, too.

With love in Christ...

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
God's Princess
Member # 3039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for God's Princess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I'm new to this website.
Recently, a set of events in my life has caused me to question God. I've never questioned the power of God, but since I've been in this depressing situation, I can't help it. I've prayed so much and it seems my prayers aren't answered. Now I'm to the point where I recite the Lord's Prayer and I don't give God my desires or aspirations anymore. I'm struggling to hold on my faith, but I feel so alone and so lost. And the real disquieting part is poeple in my community look to me for spiritual direction and prayer. So I push my emotions aside and I pray with them, try my best to counsel them, but inside I'm falling apart. What's happening to me?

Posts: 2 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement