Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » I can't seem to get an avatar

Author Topic: I can't seem to get an avatar
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost forgot... don't forget to hit the update profile bar LOL!

One more thing I just noticed... on the threads you've previously posted on your avatar will not change to the new one until you post on that thread again. [Confused]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've got it figured out.... choose the picture you want and then right click on it. A box will appear and scroll down to "Properties" Highlight the URL and copy it. Go back to the avatar page (you'll have to reopen it I think) and use the Custom bar at the bottom... paste the URL of the picture in that box and set the URL. Then click choose this avatar up top. That should do it [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know SoftTouch I sometimes have the smae problem. It won't let me changemy Avatar either [1zhelp]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my own personal avatar that a friend made that I would like to use. Is it possible for me to add it to the BBS because it is clean and Biblical?

I'm also concerned that it can be stolen by people right clicking on the image so I'm not too sure I wish to use it.

Chuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 9 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried several times to pick an avatar to use in here but it doesn't seem to be working.

How do I do this? It seemed pretty straight forward...

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement