Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Should we try to witness to people of other faiths on the internet?

Author Topic: Should we try to witness to people of other faiths on the internet?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you helpforhomeschoolers! I very much appreciate your encouragement! [wiggle7] (<~~~I love this little wiggle guy! it's adorable!)

It's funny because I used that same quote of scripture as in your first sentence on one of my posts in there [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Softouch:

It is important that we speak the truth in good times and bad, in season and out of season, and in all places and that truth IS Christ Risen! We cant hide the ligth because we are in the midst of darkness.

It is also important that we realize that it is not by us that anyone ever comes to HEAR the truth, but by the power of HIS Holy Spirit. We plant seed. Some of us are even called to water seed. But the power of life is in the seed.

Don't be discourgaged.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm new here. I've spent the last 8 months on the GeorgeHarrison.com message board in the "Spiritual" forum trying to witness about Jesus and trying to show how the Bible has been practically proven to be 100% accurate through Archeaology, Science, and Prophecy.

Needless to say, I've been through a lot of verbal abuse. [Frown] What I'm wondering is was it even wise to try this? [1zhelp] Most of the people on that website are Hindu, Buddist, New Agers, Wiccans or what have you... It's got to be the hardest place I've ever tried to share my faith LOL! [Wink]

If anyone else feels led to try and help these folks, here is the link: http://spod.org/~gjf/outside/boards/GeorgeHarrison/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=c815b4ece5d059ae93ee5101a7111717

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement