Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » A Question !!

Author Topic: A Question !!
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently bought "All the Doctrines of the Bible" by Herbert Lockyer. It has a section on repentence.

Chuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearer
Advanced Member
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bearer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Gail

The best that for you do is agree with JESUS that you made a mistake that you sinned and you want HIS forgiveness. Each of us as believers have two natures one that is new in JESUS and the one each of us was born with the flesh or carnal nature. Each of us will continue to sin until the day we go to be with JESUS forever. The only thing that we can do is pray, read HIS word, witness, and get as close to HIM as Possible. Become like Enoch in the Old Testament. The scripture says Enoch walked with GOD and he was not for GOD took him. That is the way to go!!! Amen.
Love in JESUS

--------------------
Mary At Bearer Ministries

Posts: 50 | From: Spencer, NC | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just Passing Through:
I am a believer, a christian---ok my question----How do you repent ? what exactly do you say or ask for---Lord I messed up and sinned---Please forgive me----OR WHAT, if you will give me an examlpe of what you would sat----Thank you------Gail

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from **all** unrighteousness.'- 1 John 1:9

Read Luke 18:10-14 about the publican and the pharisee.

Repentence means to have a change of mind. It is a little more than being sorry because a lot of people are sorry that they got caught. What we should be is sorry that we did something wrong and we should turn and seek God for forgiveness and learn from Him how to live right.

Chuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a believer, a christian---ok my question----How do you repent ? what exactly do you say or ask for---Lord I messed up and sinned---Please forgive me----OR WHAT, if you will give me an examlpe of what you would sat----Thank you------Gail

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement