Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » How do People Know Lord Jesus?

Author Topic: How do People Know Lord Jesus?
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by X. Pascha:
To Life Immortal

I hear people saying that they know Lord Jesus personally. I don't understand. I am bipolar and it is hard for me to have friends. How can I have relationship with a deity if I can't have one with people?

I am new Christian since February. I was a Pagan of the Egyptian and Germanic traditions. I didn't know those deities either. I am now Greek Orthodox.

My step-sister was Bi-Polar and she had a relationship with Jesus.

God is not going to cast away person who doesn't reject His son Jesus.

Chuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to know God?
What Is A Personal Relationship With God?

Hello X. Pascha,

I have found that the closest I have been to the Lord is when I wake in the mornings with Him on my mind try to stay in contact all day, by prayer. You can pray in your mind anytime and anywhere. Also I enjoy life more when I am closer to Him.

I also know from experience that when I go for walks with head phones and praise music, praising and worshiping the Lord. He is closer. The Lord create us to worship Him!

Psalm 22:26 (NKJV)
… Those who seek Him will praise the LORD. Let your heart live forever!
Psalm 100:4 (KJV)
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Psalm 104:33-34 (NKJV)
I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
May my meditation be sweet to Him;
I will be glad in the LORD.

I believe that the more time you can spend reading and studying the bible for your self, this will help you to know Him better. We must read the word and pray for the Holy Spirit to teach us. The most important thing to do is to get alone with God daily and pray and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. This is what I did and continue to do. He will reveal Himself to you, if you put Him first. The first commandment is to have No Other Gods before me. He must be number one in your life. We shall see Him one day, but now we can be lead by His Spirit. If you sincerely seek Him daily, He will let you know He is there and guide you.

I think the below is a good way to know. I have found that obedience to the word of God brings us closer to God. If we read the word and do what it says, we can’t help but to be closer to God. The below says it good:

How Will I Know?

Jesus answered and said, ’I thank You, Father . . . that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes’ —Matthew 11:25

We do not grow into a spiritual relationship step by step—we either have a relationship or we do not. God does not continue to cleanse us more and more from sin—"But if we walk in the light," we are cleansed "from all sin" ( 1 John 1:7 ). It is a matter of obedience, and once we obey, the relationship is instantly perfected. But if we turn away from obedience for even one second, darkness and death are immediately at work again.

All of God’s revealed truths are sealed until they are opened to us through obedience. You will never open them through philosophy or thinking. But once you obey, a flash of light comes immediately. Let God’s truth work into you by immersing yourself in it, not by worrying into it. The only way you can get to know the truth of God is to stop trying to find out and by being born again. If you obey God in the first thing He shows you, then He instantly opens up the next truth to you. You could read volumes on the work of the Holy Spirit, when five minutes of total, uncompromising obedience would make things as clear as sunlight. Don’t say, "I suppose I will understand these things someday!" You can understand them now. And it is not study that brings understanding to you, but obedience. Even the smallest bit of obedience opens heaven, and the deepest truths of God immediately become yours. Yet God will never reveal more truth about Himself to you, until you have obeyed what you know already. Beware of becoming one of the "wise and prudent." "If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know . . ." ( John 7:17 ).

The Bible tells us we need to diligently seek Him.

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Diligently- Marked by persevering, painstaking effort.

I have listed the below books and booklets that I have read. They have helped open my eyes to what it really means to know Him. We need no other person on earth to help us to know Him. We only need to know God and to seek Him ourselves. Other can help, but we need to ask and seek God for ourselves, study His word and know it for ourselves. It is the most important journey we will ever take.

What Is A Personal Relationship With God?
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/q0103/

While you won’t find the words personal relationship with God in the Bible, the idea is everywhere. The Bible shows the importance of learning to know, to love, and to trust a very personal God. Page after page suggests that it is who you know that counts, and the who we need to know is God. This booklet takes a close look at the marks of a personal relationship with God and discovers many of the same characteristics that mark a relationship between friends.

How Do You Live The Christian Life?
http://www.discoveryseries.org/q0702/

Of all the disciples in the New Testament, the one we most clearly identify with is Simon Peter. His journey of faith was marked by stops, starts, failures, and successes—yet Peter learned from all these things to truly walk with the Savior. In 2 Peter 1, he gave seven steps of practical advice so that we too can learn to walk a path that pleases Christ.

Lord Foulgrin's Letters
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product/95186918?item_no=736792&event=ESRC&item_code=WW

The Journey Of Desire
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product/95186918?item_no=67166&event=ESRC&item_code=WW

I pray this helps, if you have any specific questions feel free to email me at david@fishthe.net and I will do my best to answer them.

God bless and have a wonderful day as your journey takes you closer to our Lord Jesus Christ.

David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X. Pascha
Community Member
Member # 2076

Icon 6 posted      Profile for X. Pascha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Life Immortal

Hello I am new.

I hear people saying that they know Lord Jesus personally. I don't understand. I am bipolar and it is hard for me to have friends. How can I have relationship with a deity if I can't have one with people?

I am new Christian since February. I was a Pagan of the Egyptian and Germanic traditions. I didn't know those deities either. I am now Greek Orthodox.

Please explain this to me. Thanks [wiggle7]

Peace and Long Life
Horangi the Tiger

--------------------
Finally, brothers, whatever is true,
whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent
or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Philippians 4:8 NIV

Posts: 9 | From: Haddington PA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement