Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Unforgivable sin

Author Topic: Unforgivable sin
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For he is a father there off and those that are his are also "against" all that is of God and His nature, wich is righteousness. For the nature of them is to be "against".

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this case of this verse the word "against" is also attribute to "anti" for it is not with but against. This character is also the one that Satan have and all his action "against" all God's work.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only time the words "blaspheme the Holy Ghost" is used in the text; it is used by Christ.

HE spoke those words to the Pharasees who had just accused him of casting out demons by the power of Beelzebub.

This is a point blank description of what it means to Blashpheme the Holy Ghost!

Further:we are told that it is impossible to call the Son accursed except that the Spirit of God is not in you!

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Would you not agree that saying Jesus cast out demons by the power of Beelzebub is calling him accursed??

If say that Jesus is Lord (you are a saved person);You can not blaspheme the Holy Ghost. (which requires that you speak not by the Spirit of God)(thus by the spirit of the enemy)

331 anayema anathema an-ath’-em-ah

from 394; TDNT-1:354,57; n n

AV-accursed 4, anathema 1, bind under a great curse + 332 1; 6

1) a thing set up or laid by in order to be kept
1a) specifically, an offering resulting from a vow, which after being consecrated to a god was hung upon the walls or columns of the temple, or put in some other conspicuous place
2) a thing devoted to God without hope of being redeemed, and if an animal, to be slain; therefore a person or thing doomed to destruction
2a) a curse
2b) a man accursed, devoted to the direst of woes

987 blasfhmew blasphemeo blas-fay-meh’-o

from 989; TDNT-1:621,107; v

AV-blaspheme 17, speak evil of 10, rail on 2, blasphemer 1, speak blasphemy 1, blasphemously 1, misc 3; 35

1) to speak reproachfully, rail at, revile, calumniate, blaspheme
2) to be evil spoken of, reviled, railed at

05006 Uan na’ats naw-ats’

a primitive root; TWOT-1274; v

AV-despise 8, provoke 5, abhor 4, blaspheme 4, contemn 2, flourish 1, great occasion to blaspheme 1; 25

1) to spurn, contemn, despise, abhor
1a) (Qal) to spurn, contemn
1b) (Piel)
1b1) to spurn
1b2) to cause to contemn
1c) (Hiphil) to spurn
1d) (Hithpolel) to be contemned

For a Christian to Blashpheme the Holy Ghost you would have to speak evil of God by the Power of God?????

The two ideas (being a Christian) and (speaking evil of the Holy Ghost) are antithesis!

The Pharasees to whom Christ spoke, did not recognize Him as the Lord, nor did they recognize the Power of the Holy Ghost that worked in Him!

Please also note that the scripture says those who blaspheme are in danger of eternal damnation.

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

The word shall is a word that we dont often use today in modern English, it is something that began at a point and is ongoing to some point now or in the future... in the Greek this is in the Aorist tense, active voice, subjunctive mood which is a mood of potential or possibility.

It is my understanding that this implies that a person blaspheming is a condemned person (as addressed above, a person cannot by the power of God blaspheme God) and in danger of eternal damnation lest he repent and is born again and thus now see the TRUTH that is the work of the Holy Spirit that he once blashphemed in his condemned state.

Thus Jesus said to the Pharasee, becareful, you are blaspheming the Holy Ghost when you say that the work the Spirit does through me is of Beelzebub! You are in danger of eternal damnation... repent. This was always the message Jesus had for the Pharisee. He told Nicodemus you must be born again! It is only by the power of God through the Holy Ghost that we can see the things of God for what they are, to the unsaved, the reprobate, the un born again it is all foolishness.

Until the moment of our death the Gospel always provides for repentence and salvation. Thus Jessus did not say the Pharisee who blasphemed were damned to hell, but he said they were in danger of eternal damnation because who so ever is blasphemeing against the Holy Ghost has not the Holy Ghost and sppeaks not by the Holy Ghost and thus is already condemned and in danger of eternal damnation which will come if they remain in their condemned state.

The only unforgivable sin is the sin not covered by the Blood of Jesus; and thus the only unforgivable sinner is the one that goes to the grave denying Christ.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymee
Member # 1063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi to all who read this. this issue has been in my mind 4 a while now, if anyone knows the answer could they enlighten me please. it says in the bible - matthew 12:31 that speaking against the Holy Spirit is the sin that cant be forgiven, what exactly is speaking against the Spirit? i have had thoughts which have come into my head, things which i could hardly help to think and i didnt mean them, but they were against the Spirit, and ever since i havnt been able to get close to God, i really would like to know the meaning of this verse in matthew, any replies will be gratefully recieved, thanks
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement