Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Catholic...prayer after Communion

Author Topic: Catholic...prayer after Communion
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi shining_star Welcome!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome and may the Lord Jesus Christ cause you to understand His word.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shining_star
Member # 1884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shining_star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you. And it really did help.

--------------------
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or heard. They must be felt with the heart. God Bless.

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shining_Star!

I think you've got the right idea, just tell God what is in your heart--simple as that.

You don't need to throw around large glassy, bulbous bottles of incense, because our prayers are a sweet fragrance to the Lord. You don't need to go crazy lighting a million white candles, because Jesus says, "You (Shining_Star) are a little light of Mine". You don't need to make big,long,loud flowery speeches, or walk around in flowing robes, or wear tons of jewelry and necklaces with crosses on them, or wear a big, tall arching hat, or stand on a pedastal above everyone else with your hands folded and your nose stuck up in the air crying, "Oh, I'm more pious than thou!"... [crying]

All you have to do is just give to God everything that's in your heart. Life is a gift, both the good and the bad. The only way to have a real relationship with God is to be honest with God about everything--hopes, doubts, fears, longings, dreams, questions... God wants all of us--not just what we think is the "good" part of ourselves. (I hope this helps.) [Smile]

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shining_star
Member # 1884

Icon 17 posted      Profile for shining_star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Roman Catholic and today after I received Communion, I do what I always do, kneal down and pray. But then a friend of mine leaned over and asked me what exactly we are supposed to be saying to God at that time. That's when I realized that I'm not sure. I just talk to God, tell him whats in my heart. But, is there something we are supposed to be saying there? I always involve thanking because of the Body and Blood we've just received.

--------------------
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or heard. They must be felt with the heart. God Bless.

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement