Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Why do I get so upset and even angry about this?!?

Author Topic: Why do I get so upset and even angry about this?!?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found that God is also blessing us when He allows us to suffer the earthly consequences for our sin, because often it is those eartly consequences that break us and bring us to our knees in surrender and repentence where he needs us to be so that He can Do His will in our lives.

Maybe you can share this with your friend.

I understand that anyone who calls them selves a Christian and then walks in the flesh is a bad witness for the kingdom. But we must concern ourselves with our own witness.

You can only ask God if there is anything amiss in your feelings about her or her situation that is hurting your witness to this person or others around you. You can seek His will for you with regard to this person. You can honestly pray for God to reach her. Pray for her as though she were your own child bound for Hell! If you cant do that then you may need to examine again your own feelings with God's help. If you are able to pray for her in your heart this way, then just sit back and watch God work, having a thankful heart that He has given you grace to be part of an eternal purpose in someon's life!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcofHIM
Advanced Member
Member # 503

Icon 19 posted      Profile for bcofHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for the most part it upsets me because she is not doing/following the will of the Lord, and then curses Him for being in the situations (bankruptcy ect.) that she is in. She says that He isn't blessing her or answering her prays and that makes her very mad at Him. The Lord has been blessing me and my husband very much the last few months, and she will ask when is it her turn. My husband and I are seeking God's will for our live, being obediant to His calling and word. I feel that because we are seeking His will for our life He is blessing us. If she would do the same than I believe that she would get the same results. Because she is being disobiant by being dishonest with money issues He isn't taking her out of her hardships. I don't understand how she can't see that. As for the way she dresses and acts around men, I feel that is wrong, especially being as she is married. To me that is disrespecting the vows of marriage. And that is awful. I would be so hurt by my husband if he allowed women to talk sexually to him. That is some of why it is so frustrating and upsetting to me. If she claims to be a Christian and yet everyone sees her acting un-Christ like it is a bad witness.
Posts: 36 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with BHL; There are 2 issues here.

The first is your own feelings. What are your motivations? Does your heart break because you know that time is short and there is a reckoning coming for this co-worker? I think that is the heart of God; or are your feelings rooted in your own sin... judgement, envy, feelings of unfairness. I dont know what the right word is.. I am just trying to throw some out here. I would say you need to pray about your feelings. It is not for us to feel that it is fair or unfair that someone talks the talk and doesnt walk the walk. I am not sure it is even for us to feel disgusted with the hipocracy displayed by such an individual. I think it is normal to feel angry that they spit in the face of our Lord this way, but I think the Spirit working in us should push us to a deeper feeling, which brings us to the second issue.

What is God calling you to do in the witness and life of this woman?

I think our God who desires that none should perish, hates sin, and wants us to be Holy, would desire that you pray for this woman. Pray for the Holy Spirit to move in her life and bring conviction. You may be the only person around her with a Christianworld view that even sees her behavior as sinful and lost. You may be the only person who knows her that is concerned for her eternal security.

Last yesr in my own church, there were several people, people who had attended church and claimed his name for many years some for as many as 20 years, and last year the Lord brought these folks to the alter with broken hearts in confession that they had not been saved.

I tell you this because this is a time that God is bringing those that are His into understanding and repentence. There is also going to be a falling away, When our Lord comes and He is coming soon; He will know who is His and who is not. The true church will be fleshed out.

It is possible to not understand the Lordship He desires in our life; we learn holiness, not from man but from the Holy Spirit. Only the Holy Spirit can convict any of us of sin and the need for repentence. Some of us are called to pray for this work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of those around us.

God Bless you and may the Holy Spirit help you to examine your own feelings and motives and then may he find in you a willing and obedient heart that he may work through for his eternal purpose in the lives of those around you! Amen.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember YESHUA is your example , we know HE was very upset with religious people in HIS time on earth,

Why?

Because HE was a fruit inspector ,

Make sure your heart (motives) is right and that you are trying to deal with the issues that are unpleasing in your own heart that are unpleasing to the LORD.

Spend time fasting and praying for this person and that the LORD will open doors to help show her the true fruit of a disciple of the LORD.

See if she is willing to look into her own heart…..

2COR 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Because ………

MT 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcofHIM
Advanced Member
Member # 503

Icon 8 posted      Profile for bcofHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work w/ 1 other lady on a f/t basis, but there is a very Godly lady that comes once a wk to clean the ofc. She does Bible study w/ the two of us once a wk. Co-worker claims to be a Christian, & I don't doubt that she is. However, not saying I'm better than her by any means, but her walking the talk isn't there at all!! It makes me mad, frustrated, sad, upset, disappointed, and sometimes downright mad. [mad2] She is married w/ children, has an ex husband. I have seen her kiss (not passionately) her ex. She dresses in low cut shirts and extremely tight fitting clothes, flirts with all the guys in the shop (we are the only 2 girls out of 20 employees), she allows the men to make sexual comments to her. I have caught her in lies about why she is leaving early from work, about her being so broke that she can't afford to do anything and is filing chapter 13, yet purchasing $400+ home exercise equipment. She was in an accident a few months ago and she is now going to the doctor 3xs a wk (use to be everyday). She is charging the other parties insurance for all the missed work and she is getting our employer to pay her sick time and even paying her when she isn't here. To me this is not right, very dishonest, and just downright wrong. It angers me to no end, because everyone knows that she claims to be a Christian, does Bible study, yet this is Hypocritical to me!!! [Confused] [fie] [mad2] [Bang Head]
I don't know what to do with these feels or how to handle them!!! [help]

Posts: 36 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement