Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Giving & Copying class work, sin??

Author Topic: Giving & Copying class work, sin??
chappy
Community Member
Member # 1469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chappy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SLIMIN,

I BELIEVE YOU ALREADY KNEW THE ANSWER AND NEEDED A CONFERMATION. [thumbsup2]

--------------------
A caring heart,a listening ear,A thoughtful word,a gentle tear,Will help to lift the heavy load, Of weary souls along life's road.

Posts: 20 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rach
Advanced Member
Member # 1386

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Rach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as a Middle school teacher, I have a few thoughts.

Plain copying of work, is cheating. Doing homework together, and coming up with the came answers, is exactly that. It totally depends on which way you are looking at it. I encourage my students to help each other as much as possible, but if during homeroom, someone is just copying answers, I will take it and throw it away- giving both people 0s.

Posts: 41 | From: NC | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that Slim has repented and moved on from this old topic... [hmm]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catholicious
Advanced Member
Member # 726

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Catholicious   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes SliminPV, I would say that cheating on homework is indeed a lie and therefore is a sin.

--------------------
Acts 20:29-30 (NAB)
29 I know that after my departure savage wolves will come among you, and they will not spare the flock.
30 And from your own group, men will come forward perverting the truth to draw the disciples away after them.

1 Peter 3:15-16 (RSV)
15 but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence;
16 and keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are abused, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

Matthew 5:11 (KJV)
5 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Peace and God Bless!
Catholicious

Posts: 188 | From: Midwest USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ckey
Member # 1330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ckey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SliminPV:
Hi..

Could anyone tell me if they think that this is a sin.

I have some classes that some work is issued in

Some classes I have friends in and we copy work.

I will share and they will share.

Sometimes we will copy eachothers work.

We help each other out.

Sometimes I say it's just school..
And we will be outta here soon..

Then here is the importand part:
If I did not have my work, I would want someone to help me out and stuff..

So.. when people ask me for my work( my friends) i will jsut let them have it..

we share work and do things like this sometimes..

it's like a buddy work system sometimes in my computer classes..

I read about how God does not like cheating....
Is this the kinda cheating that he is talking about?

Am I comitting sin?

Reponses will be really appreciated...

Copying work is not at all the same thing as working on an project or assignment given as a joint assignment.

Copying work and handing it in as your own is lying. You are stating, by handing in the work with your name on it, that you have completed the assigned work.

To hand in someone elses work with your name is to lie.

To allow a friend to copy your work and hand it in with their name on it is to enable them and assist them in lying.

It is most definitely a sin.

--------------------
ckey

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slim, Iam glad you have decided to do the right thing.

Remember to wear your armour everyday!

I love your web site!

I am proud of you [thumbsup]

[Kiss] {{{{{{Waymon}}}}}}}

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SliminPV
Advanced Member
Member # 714

Icon 2 posted      Profile for SliminPV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God has dwelt with me on this issue of cheating, which is dishonest..

I have repented..

Thank you all for your replies..

[Bible]

--------------------
http://hometown.aol.com/sliminpv/

Posts: 31 | From: Tyler, Texas | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SliminPV; In school, you are there to learn. How do you learn? By your self or with others?

In the work place, we share informatiom, that is how we learn about what to do with the project we work on.

If you share the learning experience, and you work as hard as the others, then share------
but if you slack and do not hold up your end, then you are cheating. Cheating yourself as well as the others.

The only time you are to be on your own is when the testing begins. Now how effective was your sharing? Have you learned the material? If you have'nt, then you were cheating yourself. See how simple it is?

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 4 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your teacher new what you are doing what would his/her reaction be?
Ask your teacher if what you're doing is wrong. If you are afraid to ask, do you think it is wrong in God's eyes?

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SliminPV, [Kiss] if its a sin your indwelling Holy Spirit

will convict you of it.

How do you feel about it?

Are you cheating? Are you hurting anybody?

Its up to you to decide this one.. [Razz]

Let us know... [Smile]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm that is a good question. sorry i don't have an answer to that question [Frown] [help]

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Posts: 298 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SliminPV
Advanced Member
Member # 714

Icon 20 posted      Profile for SliminPV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi..

Could anyone tell me if they think that this is a sin.

I have some classes that some work is issued in

Some classes I have friends in and we copy work.

I will share and they will share.

Sometimes we will copy eachothers work.

We help each other out.

Sometimes I say it's just school..
And we will be outta here soon..

Then here is the importand part:
If I did not have my work, I would want someone to help me out and stuff..

So.. when people ask me for my work( my friends) i will jsut let them have it..

we share work and do things like this sometimes..

it's like a buddy work system sometimes in my computer classes..

I read about how God does not like cheating....
Is this the kinda cheating that he is talking about?

Am I comitting sin?

Reponses will be really appreciated...

--------------------
http://hometown.aol.com/sliminpv/

Posts: 31 | From: Tyler, Texas | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement