Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » How Much will God forgive before he cant forgive any more?

Author Topic: How Much will God forgive before he cant forgive any more?
Fat Pastor
Advanced Member
Member # 890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Pastor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your question. I am so happy to hear that you have come to repentance and made a choice to follow Jesus again.

To answer your question, it says in the Bible in 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". Or as a modern day translation of the Bible puts it "But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong".

You have done everything necessary in God's eyes by turning your heart towards Jesus. That is enough for Him to welcome you back.

You are right that none of us deserve to be forgiven, but that does not change the fact that we are forgiven. [spiny] THANK YOU, LORD!!! [Big Clap]

I hope that you are getting yourself involved with a Bible teaching church and they are giving you a strong foundation to continue your journey with Jesus.

--------------------
Blessings,

Fat Pastor
Internet Pastors.com

Posts: 22 | From: Northern Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Raymee, [Kiss] (My son's name) Its nice to have you here!

We are forgiven for our sins the moment we repent of them—acknowledge, feel remorse, turn from them. Without true repentance, there is no change.

Don't let the devil tell you otherwise!

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymee
Member # 1063

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Raymee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although this is very personal I need to know the answer to this question, so please help. I was a immature 13 year old Christian who had forgotten God and I had fallen into a sin.I was quite sure that what i did was wrong but i did it anyway. I kept asking God for forgiveness and then saying that i might or would do it again. Eventually i realised that i should stop what i was doing and ask God's forgiveness properly, but I know i dont deserve his forgiveness. However i need to know if God has forgiven me when i really meant that i was sorry. I need to know the truth so i ask that you would reply please. thanks
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement