Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Reconciliation

Author Topic: Reconciliation
INRI
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
A question was posed on another BB. I submit the question for your perusal:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The bible makes it clear that if we have wronged a brother, we must reconcile that, One term in not to let the sun go down on an argument.

So in this world, when people have been hurt by somebody else, and that person has passed on, how do we find a reconcilliation?

How about when a person has hurt you dearly, and they are not around to resolve the issue, how do you resolve your side of it?

Is there a scriptural way to let go in these types of situations?

Over 2/3 of the world's Christians have Confession at their disposal so that their sins may be forgiven.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good questions;Reconciliation is a tenuous thing at best, in this day in age. And it hampers almost everybody, even the staunchest Christian.

Scenario#1; Reconciliation when the antagonist has died.::: Give it to God. The action done is over. there is no reconciliation except with yourself, and with God. If the victim still carries resentment, then the question is why? And that answer can only come from the heart of the victim.

Scenario#2; Reconciliation when the antagonist is at a place where the victim cannot communicate with him.::: See scenario #1, give it to God. Write a message of forgiveness, place it in an envelope, and put it in a secure place after praying over it.

I have had these spats in my day. One was with a Church,[of all places] what was done was tantamount to unethical behavior on the part of the Church. I took it upon myself to leave the Church. Session members approached me, about the problem, never admitting that they were wrong. They asked me about having a forgiving Spirit. My query to them was " are you asking for forgiveness"? Their reply was " But we did'nt do anything that we feel was wrong". my reply was " Then how can I forgive an offense unadmitted? There would be no reason."

I have since let it go, and carry no umbrage, but I have a new Church home now and see no reason to go back.

It's all in letting go. and letting God

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A question was posed on another BB. I submit the question for your perusal:

The bible makes it clear that if we have wronged a brother, we must reconcile that, One term in not to let the sun go down on an argument.

So in this world, when people have been hurt by somebody else, and that person has passed on, how do we find a reconcilliation?

How about when a person has hurt you dearly, and they are not around to resolve the issue, how do you resolve your side of it?

Is there a scriptural way to let go in these types of situations?

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement