Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » What questions would you have for a new pastor?

Author Topic: What questions would you have for a new pastor?
Patricia4529
Member # 1001

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Patricia4529   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello~

I would ask him if he is going to teach from the whole Bible, Genesis to Revelation?

I would ask him if he plans on preparing the flock for what is ahead of us, like the New World Order and what consist of the End Times?

I would ak him if he doesn't know the answer to a question that he would admit it and offer to pray for the answer.?

I would know him by his heart if he were to hear a very sad story and then he had tears in his eyes.

I would ask him what is his background.

I would ask him why he chose this church?

I would ask him to dinner and see how he interacts with my family.

--------------------
Redeemed, Restored, Forgiven. Luke15:24

Posts: 4 | From: Rockford Michigan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearer
Advanced Member
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bearer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Kindgo:

It would depend on the position. There are different questions for different kinds of ministry. You won't ask the same questions of a Senior Pastor as a Youth Pastor. If you are asking for general questions then here a some of the basics.
1. Could you give your testimony? If they don't know what you are talking about they have a problem.

2. What a your personal beliefs concerning the Bible, your doctrines, and what is most important in your life? (How would to classify these in the order of their priority to you? Bible Study, Prayer, Family, Congregation, Service to others, Visitation, etc.)

3. Why are you interested in coming here?

There are a lot of other questions but again it depends on the person, the position, and the circumstances.

In HIS Service
Mary at Bearer Ministries [Lighthouse]

--------------------
Mary At Bearer Ministries

Posts: 50 | From: Spencer, NC | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Question]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement