Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » When will the Russian (Gog) invasion of Israel take place?

Author Topic: When will the Russian (Gog) invasion of Israel take place?
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Will Russia Invade Israel?
by Phillip Goodman
There is a prophecy held in limbo for 2600 years waiting to explode upon the world stage in our generation.

Ezekiel 38 & 39 tells of a massive invasion upon an unsuspecting Israel in the “last days.” The invaders will include a host of Islamic countries led by Russia.

But they will not succeed. Scripture tells us that this evil coalition of military might will be destroyed by God Himself, “upon the mountains of Israel.” And the world will take note! “And the nations will know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.” (Ezekiel 39:7)

The Time Factors

How do we know that the Russian invasion is scheduled to occur early in the line-up of prophetic events to come? Several time indicators lead us to that conclusion.

1. Since the Ezekiel invasion precipitates a spiritual reawakening in Israel to her true God, it cannot be the Gog and Magog invasion that occurs at the end of the 1000-year reign of Christ (Rev. 20:6-9). Why? Because throughout the 1000 year reign of Christ, Israel will already know God, “from the least of them to the greatest of them,” and will do so universally “as the waters cover the sea.” (Jer. 31:34; Isa. 11:9)

2. Nor can the invasion occur at the beginning of the kingdom age because the Russian coalition is heavily armed for war. Yet Micah 4:3 says that the Millennial Kingdom will be free of war and the weapons of war. Also, no ungodly people are allowed to enter the kingdom, but only those who are born again. (John 3:3)

3. The attack cannot take place in conjunction with the war of Armageddon because Ezekiel 38:8-14 says it occurs when Israel is in a time of peace and safety, just the opposite of Armageddon!

4. The invasion cannot occur at the middle of the tribulation because at that time the Jews are preserved as they flee outside the land from a successful invader, the Antichrist. (Rev. 12) But the Russian invasion tells of the Jews being preserved inside the land because of God’s direct intervention against an unsuccessful invader. Again, just the opposite!

Early In The Schedule of Prophetic Events

It is through this process of elimination, using key timing indicators from the passage, that it becomes apparent the Russian-Islamic invasion of Israel must come at or before the start of the tribulation. That means it could happen at any time.

Today there exists for the first time ever in our world the exact nations, primed and ready in the exact political and military positions, to fulfill this ominous prophecy. Russia (“Magog”), armed to the hilt with nuclear weapons, along with militant Islamic states such as those named in Ezekiel 38:5-6 (Iran, Libya, Turkey, Ethiopia, etc.), are ready for the next campaign of terror. But here is the end result: “And it will come about on that day, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” declares the Lord God, “that My fury will mount up in My anger… and I shall call for a sword against him [Russia & allies] on all My mountains [God calls Israel “My” land]… and with pestilence and with blood I shall enter into judgment with him… And I shall magnify Myself, sanctify Myself, and make Myself known in the sight of many nations; and they will know that I am the Lord.” (Ezekiel 38:18-23)

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Pastor
Advanced Member
Member # 890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Pastor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kingdo,

It is my interpretation from scriptures that this will happen AFTER the millenniun.

I come to this conclusion due to the fact that Gog and Magog is referred to only once in the New Testament. That is Revelation 20:

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison. And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breath of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them" [Revelation 20:7-9].

I think that the Old Testament scriptures in Ezekiel 38 and 39 support a similar view. However, I do understand that contrary view points can be drawn from these scriptures also.

Does anybody hold a different viewpoint than mine? [Wink]

Blessings,

Fat Pastor

Posts: 22 | From: Northern Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When will the Russian (Gog) invasion of Israel take place?

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement