Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Psychology and the Doctrines of Devils

Author Topic: Psychology and the Doctrines of Devils
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
quote:
with out balls
This phrase seems offensive. My reply to your log when you seem to have put all Christian Psychologist into the same boat as being fakes. I know many, many Psychiatrists and Psychologists who are born again and living for Jesus. I have heard many honest and niave Brethern say that all Jews are evil minded. If that is true how about Jews like I am who called upon Jesus and acknowledges Jesus as the blessed Messiah. Do you see how hurtful your bandwagon is when you says such things? You must look at the person's fruit whether they are a doctor, teacher, parent, child and decern if that particular person is in err who is your Christian family and tell them.
As are all those labels that some try to hang on the pain of others.

Read this..

The Myth of Neurosis: Overcoming the Illness Excuse

-

Dr. Wood shows the layman how to differentiate between genuine psychological illness and those unpleasant but natural feelings which are an inescapable and often valuable part of living. If we are not sick, then we are well, even though we may be unhappy. Life is tough and frequently unpleasant. For those who have trouble coping, as of each of us occasionally does, Dr. Wood offers Moral Therapy. Moral Therapy holds that happiness is synonymous with self-respect; that we are happy when we follow the voice of conscience and unhappy when we do not.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
with out balls
This phrase seems offensive. My reply to your log when you seem to have put all Christian Psychologist into the same boat as being fakes. I know many, many Psychiatrists and Psychologists who are born again and living for Jesus. I have heard many honest and niave Brethern say that all Jews are evil minded. If that is true how about Jews like I am who called upon Jesus and acknowledges Jesus as the blessed Messiah. Do you see how hurtful your bandwagon is when you says such things? You must look at the person's fruit whether they are a doctor, teacher, parent, child and decern if that particular person is in err who is your Christian family and tell them.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a Christian Fireman? a Christian Doctor? Christian Wife? Christian Husband? and How is it any different to a person who is a Christian Psychologist? a Christian Counselor? and a Christian Pastor?

In general when ministers learn to advocate humanism verses the gospel of the Jesus are no more differant than any carnal minded profession. Before putting all Christian Psychologists into the same boat LEARN NOT TO JUDGE A PROFESSION without first knowing the person behind the tag. Secular psychology main goal is diagnosis and a label, Christians who are psychologist main goal is diagnosis, treatment and hope (and I know many). I belong to the www.AACC.net That being said is not much but knowing that the practioner advocates and believes in God is a good starting point. When a practioner is an atheist or agnostic you will know that within his/her advice they provide. The advisor is generally concerned without admitting to grass root of the cause. Which I believe is man's situation and position to God. The goal of any Pastoral or Christian Counselor ought to be Christ and the furthering of the gospel.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is indeed a sad development and I agree...many so called "Christian Psychogists" and "Christian Counsellors" are Christians who studied and use secular Psychology as allegedly being of help to Chrostians in their spiritual growth and development...but most of the people who developed and taught all of these conflicting theories were/are godless (Psalm 1:1)

But on the other hand there is a psychology in the Bible from the word of God though it is hardly popular (a study of the soul which is what the word means)

People do not like to hear about things like repent or conform or casting down imaginations or transforming ones self or putting off the old and putting on the new...I love the respect one has for all in their new identity in Christ and the love they voluntarily share by the empowering Spirit. It literally changes lives and rescues addicts and frees slaves and sets us free as well from our own bondages. The personal rewards are endless (Ephesians 1)

So I definitely agree with where you are coming from...so keep sharing the word and pray, pray, pray...Shalom!

In His Holy Name,

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psychology, with its psychotherapeutic counseling, has been embraced by evangelicals more than almost any other unbiblical endeavor that has entered the church in the last half-century. “Christian psychologists” are generally more popular and influential than preachers and teachers of the Word.

full story http://www.thebereancall.org/node/2431

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement