Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » God is shouting

Author Topic: God is shouting
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic Copper [thumbsup2]

12 spies ....what do we learn?

the 10 men sent to spy out the land come to mind that came back with an evil report....

2 men, Joshua (a Jew) and Caleb(a Gentile) knew nothing or no one is greater or more powerful than Yahweh......

no matter what the end holds, Yahweh will see us through when we trust in Him!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic Copper [thumbsup2]

quote:
it is very interesting that we(I speak in general) tend to gravitate toward "what could have caused this disaster", instead of seeing the "Who caused this event".

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation." 2 Peter 3:3-4

Even though the signs are being fulfilled on every hand, multitudes of people scoff at the Bible and the idea that the end of the world as we know it is just about here.

Paul wrote:

quote:
Like a birthing mother in travail, the contractions come in waves and as time passes they get stronger and longer. When you see the earth rocking and reeling as in travail it is definitely a sign from God, but this is only the beginning of sorrows. The time is coming upon us faster with each day...
Paul is so right!

Does anyone like this site?
http://www.endoftheworldprophecy.com/

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like a birthing mother in travail, the contractions come in waves and as time passes they get stronger and longer. When you see the earth rocking and reeling as in travail it is definitely a sign from God, but this is only the beginning of sorrows. The time is coming upon us faster with each day...therefore trim your wicks and be sure your lamp is full of oil so you are ready when the bridegroom returns otherwise when you try to rush about at the last moment to prepare He will shut you out and reveal that He actually never knew you. This is a warning for about half the church...even though you say Lord Lord you do not do the things He asks. He will not care about how you cast out demons or did this or that in His name only that you who heard the word obeyed it and this will be the witness that God works His works in and through you (Matthew 25). Not that the works save but the Spirit through the saved (those who believe as the Scriptures have said) should gush out like a river of living water to this world dying of thirst.

Thoughts?

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Gb5HN4AuE&feature=related

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

I pray the rapture is very soon. I am homesick for Heaven.

--------------------

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I beleive God has been wanting us to look up for sometime now....

I understand where you are comming from, but I can't help but think it will be much worse when the end times finally do get here.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Matthew 16:2-3, Jesus said "When it is evening, you say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O you hypocrites, you can discern the face of the sky; but can you not discern the signs of the times?"

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

When we look at today, in our recent times, and we see events happen, like the 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Haiti, the 8.8 earthquake in Chile, or the most recent eruption of a volcano in Iceland that shutdown over 17,000 flights; it is very interesting that we(I speak in general) tend to gravitate toward "what could have caused this disaster", instead of seeing the "Who caused this event".

In the book of Hebrews, we see Hebrews 12:25-27)

"See that you refuse not him that speaks. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaks from heaven: Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifies the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain."

I believe that God is REALLY TELLING US TO LOOK UP; that this world and everything in this world is vanity; in the regard that everything seeable can and WILL be shaken, whether it be the economics, the physical earth, or the world systems(polical, social, economic, false religions...etc). Let us just be mindful that as these disturbances escalate, and the world around us seems to become fallen into peices, and becomes less stable; that our focus should be on God. Let us always remember the sovereignty of the Lord.

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

There is not a place in the Universe where the sovereignty of our God does not extend. There is not a flood that God doesn't sit over.

Psa 29:10 The LORD sits upon the flood; yea, the LORD sits King for ever.

Thank you for your time.

With love in Christ,
Daniel

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement