Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Gay Jesus Play

Author Topic: Gay Jesus Play
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The gay thing is one issue... and yes I am just as disturbed and angered by it as anyone (I was around when the original Last Temptation of Christ was made). The Church made a disjointed response and the movie went on and Christians were made to look like bigots for opposing it (some even making public cries against this "Jewish disgrace" though director Martin Scorsese was Italian...)

The Church is off course in so many ways that these kinds of things are to be expected. Sadly. There is no unity in the body of Christ. None. Unity was the core of Jesus' prayer in John 17 often referred to as the High Priestly prayer for Christianity.

The influence of the Church is aimed at laws and rallies and protests to put it bluntly: in humanist ways rather than spiritual... we are to be the seasoning of salt in a putrefying world. Not acid. We are to be light that exposes the deeds of mankind (including our own).

In other words, we have stopped trying to change hearts because we are so far along on our mammon quest we take short cuts (press to have laws created, gang up on people when the Christians are in the majority, pass along our individual duties as a believer to the payed Christians to deal with the situation along with every other situation... we want our money's worth btw.

Most Christians are also on the same road of sin and perversion as the ones the are appalled at... just not so far down that road as them...

Matthew 7 does not say never judge or you'll be judged... it says use right judgment to first judge and get your act together so you can HELP the others rectify that which they are to be judged for.

And the beam in the eye of the Christian is the greater responsibility we have for having the Truth and the charge to spread the Truth to those with specks in their eyes who are only doing what comes natural to then (sin) with no reason to show restraint as we who have the truth do.

Christianity has come to accept a lot of what believers would have been disgraced about no too many decades ago... divorce, fornication, murder, men chasing after women, women dressing the way only harlots would dress 20 years earlier, women chasing men, and in the Church we are oh so empathetic... and enabling...

Then the world makes increasingly perverse "advances" (from their perspective) and have award ceremonies and the witness of the Church just cringes and wilts and dries up... and the ire of the world grows against the Church doing anything about it.

In short, we are opening up the floodgates for a persecution of the Church unlike anything since the first century CE when the Church wakes up from its slumber and even thinks about doing the right thing...

My guess is that its not that far off because how much w3orse can it be than plays and movies about a gay Jesus?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you truly surprise that the Christian community do not react to say or otherwise hinder this showing of the movie. Now lets truly look at what type of Christianity that has been propagated in the communities and in the media. Generally speaking a Catholic is a Christian and by terms of secular Theology Mormonism is a Christian. Now a gay Jesus, How many Jesus existed in the time of 2nd Century Judea which was a procterate of Rome? There were many many Jesus. Many families today have children who are gay and quite frankly would not speak up against it in order to keep the peace in the family. The Christianity of the Bible is way different then the Christianity of America or Western World.It does not surprise me one bit that we Christian Americans are more worried about the political fanfair than the Messiah himself. After it is all said and done:

If you love me, feed my sheep.

Study to show thyself approved a workman needing not to be ashamed of the gospel of truth.

If you love me, obey my commandments.

He (being Jesus) must increase and we (humans) must decrease. In other words put on Christ and put off worldly desire.

Beating a woman to a pulp is just as wrong as perverted sexual orientation. Contact the bible for that interpretation. I personally have sat in many churches who aspire to a secular-social doctrine and not the doctrine of Truth.

What have you as an individual done with Jesus? Did you put Jesus aside the throne and when it is convienent you allow him to sit there when it is prudent to do so.

I personally will declare what I believe when I am challenge by someone to declare this day whom you serve. This gay movie is contradictory to first century and second century church but not contradictory to the end times church where the men and women of God are running a muck changing the statues of God if you truly believe you have the right to do so.

If Jesus is not reigning as the King and Lord in your church, then your church does not belong to Jesus and is not Christian. You might do alot of Christian things and yes have alot of good to offer but deny the truth that Jesus Chirst is The Way, The Truth and The Life then your form of Christianity is an apostate religion.

If we could work our way to God's abode there wouldn't been a need for God himself to take on the form of man that being Jesus.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel sorry for those people who put together this play when they meet Jesus face to face.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm supprised everyone had remained silent on this issue so far.

I thought this was sick.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Gay-Jesus-Play-Headed-to-Fort-Worth-Stage-90126197.html

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement