Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Throbbing Temples

Author Topic: Throbbing Temples
botham
Advanced Member
Member # 7935

Icon 16 posted      Profile for botham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Borother Paul--actually I was referring to Lazarus with respect to decomposition. Our Lord Jesus Christ stayed perfect in the entire operation of His life, death and resurrection. His earthly life was perfect, His sacrifice on the Cross was perfect, and His resurrection is perfect.

But the decay process of Lazarus(he stinketh) had to be reversed and his soul reunited to him for the life force. Jesus basically stated that He was the life force(I Am the resurrection and the life--but He was also referring to the ultimate resurrection), so as God of all life I wonder as in all the mighty healings that He performed, what happened to Lazarus's decaying body.

Yes Jesus said 'flesh and bone' but did He mean it as we understand it. I think not. When we put on incorruption I think that our bodies will be suitable for the spirit level of existence. It is the corruption, the flesh that wars against the soul, the disunity that God will not have in His presence.

That is, I don't think we will receive a body that is simply operating perfectly so that there is no entropy in cellular replication. It could be that Jesus appeared as He did to reassure frail people, or because they would die if He appeared in the glory of His eternal existence.

And I agree with the sentiment that all the above does not really matter. Whatever God has in store will be beyond our best ideas because we are asking our finite minds to contemplate the ultimate 'outside the box' notions. The moments of joy, when we have to pull the car over because we can't see through the tears prompted by thoughts about what the Holy Spirit has brought us through, are much closer to the mark than any philosophical or theological conclusions.

Blessed Christmas to all, Botham

Posts: 103 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I do have an opinion. It comes from King David who said in Psalm 16:10 that YHVH would not suffer His Holy One to see corruption (the decay of the grave). So to me the body of Jesus did not suffer any corruption (decomposition).

In normal humans, major decomposition, other than dying cells, does not begin until around the third or fourth day (as the KJV pointed out about Lazareth, by day four, he stinketh!). But that is irrelevant because Jesus was truly dead and was brought back to life in a glorified body (which had "flesh and bone as you see I have" Luke 24:39).

This body though physical has been transformed (or transfigured if you will) and can now pass between states as He wills...therefore He can be physically manifest at some point for some purpose or intent and yet pass through locked doors at will without breaking the wood. While absent from earth I amsure He is in the spiritual mode (for no flesh enters heaven) but when He comes on the clouds the Bible bears witness He will bear His wounds (that He recieved in the house of His friends - see Zechariah 12:10 where it says "they shell look upon Me whom they pierced...not upon a ghost of some sort). And here is a most wonderful promise. When He appears we shall be like Him...transformed in the twinkling of an eye). Amen?

I don't know about you but I can hardly wait.

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
botham
Advanced Member
Member # 7935

Icon 16 posted      Profile for botham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Brother Paul--this kind of information, about the temple and so forth, is most interesting and edifying. I truly appreciate your conviction that Jesus Christ will literally return to us in Glory. The way I put it is, and I know this is mangled English, He can't not come back. He must or the Word of God is flat wrong! I sometimes use this sort of statement to myself to drive out any doubt.

It gives me joy to know that the One who raised Lazarus, who was dead for days and thus in a state of decomposition, is the same One who said He was the Resurrection and the Life. Jesus as much as said, watch this--watch My Father's Glory.

You know Paul, come to think of it, would you have an opionion on miracles? Do you think Jesus asked His Father to reverse the decay, to suspend the natural effects of time and the ensuing enzymatic activity and so forth? Or do you think that Jesus is saying, 'don't even try to figure this one out, just watch the Glory of God'. If I read it correctly Jesus differentiated Lazarus's resurrection from the eternal resurrection.

Or does anyone else have an opinion on miracles. For me, I don't really care if I ever know. I actually want miracles to be beyond explanation at least for now. But it might make a good discussion. God bless, Botham

Posts: 103 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Jimmy DeYoung of Radio Bible class Ministries reporting from Jerusalem and here is what he said:

"The Jews have erected a temple in Jerusalem but it is not located on the Temple Mount. On a rooftop in the Jewish Quarter on the Old City of Jerusalem and overlooking the Temple Mount is a newly constructed temple model weighing over one ton and this temple model is for the purpose of teaching the Jewish people their Biblical heritage as well as introducing to all non-Jews a worship center that will one day stand on the Temple Mount. This model, build on a scale of 1 to 60, is made of gold, silver, wood, and Jerusalem stone, and has a hydraulic system that raises the sanctuary section of the temple model exposing the Holy of Holies and the Ark of the Covenant. A Jewish yeshiva, which is a place of learning, constructed this temple model for the purpose of training those who will one day work in the real temple to be built on the Temple Mount but will also inform the world of what one day will be reality in Jerusalem on the Temple Mount.

A model of the temple in Jerusalem overlooking the Temple Mount is a foretaste of things to come - according to Bible prophecy. The religious Jews at the yeshiva, which is a Jewish learning center, located in Jerusalem have constructed a model of the temple that one day will stand less than one mile away on the Temple Mount and they believe that this is a step closer to seeing the temple worship restored for the Jewish people. Not only will this temple model be used at this training center to teach those qualified to work at the coming temple but it will also train all Jews to worship as their forefathers did some 2000 years ago. The model is truly a step closer to the renewal of temple sacrifice and temple worship for the Jewish people. It is also a reminder to all of mankind that Bible prophecy will be fulfilled. There are many ancient Jewish prophets that speak of a coming temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The Davidic Covenant, recorded in II Samuel 7, promises a temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The Kingdom Temple will be built by the Messiah Jesus Christ (Zechariah 6:12). The description of the Kingdom Temple can be found in Ezekiel 40-46 with 202 verses of detailed information about that temple. Daniel wrote, however, of the next temple to be built in Jerusalem (Daniel 9:27) and all the preparations have been made for that temple. Bible prophecy will be fulfilled."

Thank you Brother Jimmy...

Another group has made the corner stone, and thanks to DNA testing there are now 500 identified Kohanim (sons of Aaron), many have accepted priestly training (Hmmm! For what do you suppose?)

Some dispensationalists believe it is the Anti-Christ who comes and decieves the Jewish people that think he is Messiah and it is he who builds or approves the building of this third temple, others do not and believe it happens when Christ returns, still others see this all as allegory and metaphor...however,

Regardless of what any of us think one way or the other, one thing is ever more apparent, the Lord actually is coming soon (Maranatha)...be sure your lamps are full and your wicks are trimmed my family, we do not want any left outside the door...

Your brother in Christ,

Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement