Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » NEVER FORGET

Author Topic: NEVER FORGET
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
yahsway ...my heart goes out to you for your families loss...I long for that day when swords will be beaten to plowshares and men study war no more....

Father bless my sister and her family in this time of tragic loss of this young man, let his loss not stand for nothing, let those that knew him be reminded how life can be cut off in a moment...I pray Yahshua be glorified in this tragedy and hearts may be drawn to the forgiveness found only in Yahshua...

Amen

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway ...my heart goes out to you for your families loss...I long for that day when swords will be beaten to plowshares and men study war no more....

Father bless my sister and her family in this time of tragic loss of this young man, let his loss not stand for nothing, let those that knew him be reminded how life can be cut off in a moment...I pray Yahshua be glorified in this tragedy and hearts may be drawn to the forgiveness found only in Yahshua...

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Please also remember my mom this week. She has 2 brothers, one in his late 8o's and the other in his mid 70's and both not expected to live thru the rest of the week.

I think for our family we are in a season such as is in the scriptures. A time to die and a time to be born ect..

But i know that He is able to keep us all thru these difficult times.

Bless your heart ((((((Sis)))));

It is so difficult to face these valleys, and it is God's Grace which can lead us through when we wonder if we can even make it.

A year ago last December and January were our own valley of trial, more so for my wife Jan. Her Mom went home right after Thanksgiving, then her uncle's cousin, who was also her father's best friend and family friend, then her aunt, and just 5 days before Christmas her friend's husband was killed in a wreck, and her friend in the last stages of Lupus, with no family close. Jan stayed with her and cared for her til the family could drive in from Vegas, during a blizzard. The first part of January she had to go back in as her friend began to become less responsive, and then she too passed very quickly.

It was the true Grace of God which helped bring us through that time of trial and it will lead us Home.

Jan's faith became tempered in the "fires", and stronger than I could have ever imagined. I am so very thankful for our Lord's eternal love for His precious children.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Please also remember my mom this week. She has 2 brothers, one in his late 8o's and the other in his mid 70's and both not expected to live thru the rest of the week.

I think for our family we are in a season such as is in the scriptures. A time to die and a time to be born ect..

But i know that He is able to keep us all thru these difficult times.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
I lost my nephew this past week. He was a Marine, 1 tour in Iraq, this last one in Afganistan.

He was 22years old, 3 weeks older than my twins, and my brothers only child.

This has been a hard week for all of our family.

Please pray for us and all those who serve us and give their lives for our freedom.

Shalom

You and your dear-ones are in my heart and most fervent prayer.

The Little Green Tents
The little green tents where the soldiers sleep, and
the sunbeams play and the women weep, are covered
with flowers today; and between the tents walk the
weary few, who were young and stalwart in 'sixty-
two, when they went to the war away. The little
green tents are built of sod, and they are not long,
and they are not broad, but the soldiers have lots of
room; and the sod is part of the land they saved,
when the flag of the enemy darkly waved, the symbol
of dole and doom, The little green tent is a thing
divine; the little green tent is a country's shrine,
where patriots kneel and pray; and the brave men
left, so old, so few, were young and stalwart in sixty-
two, when they went to the war away!
___Walt Mason

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway,

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for peace for you and all your family.

Dear Heavenly Father,
As we remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, we think of how they have followed in the footsteps of your son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. Please hold our service men and women in your strong arms. Cover them with your sheltering grace and presence as they stand in the gap for our protection.

We also remember the families of our troops, and ask for your unique blessings to fill their homes and your peace, provision and strength to fill their lives.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway,

I am so sorry. Praying for your family.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost my nephew this past week. He was a Marine, 1 tour in Iraq, this last one in Afganistan.

He was 22years old, 3 weeks older than my twins, and my brothers only child.

This has been a hard week for all of our family.

Please pray for us and all those who serve us and give their lives for our freedom.

Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Born MAY 25, 1803, Ralph Waldo Emerson was friends with writers
Nathaniel Hawthorne and Louisa May Alcott

He composed some of the best loved poems in American literature,
including The Concord Hymn, written in 1837 for the dedication of the
monument where the battle at North Bridge took place April 19, 1775.

Ralph Waldo Emerson's most recognizable stanza is inscribed on the
base of Daniel Chester French's Minute Man Statue:

"By the rude bridge that arched the flood,

Their flag to April's breeze unfurled;

Here once the embattled farmers stood;

And fired the shot heard round the world.

The foe long since in silence slept;

Alike the conqueror silent sleeps,

And Time the ruined bridge has swept,

Down the dark stream that seaward creeps.

On this green bank, by this soft stream,

We place with joy a votive stone,

That memory may their deeds redeem,

When, like our sires, our sons are gone.

O Thou who made those heroes dare,

To die, and leave their children free,

-Bid Time and Nature gently spare,

The shaft we raised to them and Thee."

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have to post the same question every thread. They are with God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to the VA today to visit the grave of my best friend when in High School and took this one:

-

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

WildB,

You are so right. I think it is great for families to get together and have picnics and fun, but we need to take a moment Monday, to remember the freedoms we have were bought with the blood of men and women who were brave enough to go to war for our freedoms.
Thank you for the reminder.
betty

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This weekend marks Memorial Day, a national observance first known as Decoration Day. It was meant to be a time to remember and honor our Civil War dead simply by decorating their graves. Over time, the holiday’s significance extended to honor all those who paid the ultimate price for our nation. Now, as America is at war, Memorial Day also provides an opportunity for us to reflect on and give thanks for the sacrifices of our soldiers still in harm’s way.

We face many dangers today—terrorist attacks, Iranian belligerence, international health epidemics. But the greatest danger of all is the one that still doesn’t make many headlines – our collective national amnesia. Our history textbooks are sanitized to be politically correct and give our children virtually no sense of the greatness of the nation they live in.

In my talks at hundreds of high schools during the 2000 campaign, I was struck by how often decent American kids had nothing good to say about their country. Most had virtually no knowledge of the sacrifices made to establish and preserve their liberty. They are the recipients of the greatest freedom and opportunity that any society has ever produced; yet they are unaware of the price in flesh and blood that was paid for it.

In America today, Memorial Day weekend has become more of an occasion for rest and relaxation than for reflection about our heroes and the values they died to preserve. This weekend, I hope and pray that we can learn to do both – relax and remember. Let’s go the ballgame, have that picnic, hug our kids, and have some fun at the beach. But let’s also remind ourselves, and our children, about what happened at Concord Bridge; the fields of Antietam; at the beaches of Normandy. Let’s explain to them why there was a Berlin Wall, what happened at Okinawa and the price that was paid to stop Hitler. Because the same resolve that allowed us to persevere in those conflicts will be necessary if we are to overcome our current challenges.

In short, let’s take at least a moment to teach our children and grandchildren to love the things we love, and honor the things we honor. Finally, let’s remind ourselves as well as our children that all liberty is a gift from God and that each generation has paid in flesh and blood to preserve it.

For those of you who want a place to start, try reading to your kids and grandkids these words from Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address:

“We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.”

from GB forwarded with great respect,

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement