Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Do you WASTE FOOD?

Author Topic: Do you WASTE FOOD?
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keeper:
Yep, sails do no good rolled up on the mast.

Well put. But salads cant be harnessed.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, sails do no good rolled up on the mast.
Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Betty for more good ideas. Peanut butter would be good for those that are going without food. I had thought of those little beef jerky sticks but peanut butter would go farther.

Keeper- Yes wind in the sails is necessary Amen. First He needs our sail doesn't He? [Wink]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have traveled to many countries and even the latest incorporated cities and countries have failed to be where I would prefer to live. America is the place for me.

America was founded on the Word of God, The Bible, and was organized and started out using pastors as commanders and planners.

The constitution was and still is our guide. I have yet to find another country so well based.
Our schools started out being taught in home and our children have been pretty well taken care of.
Schools, mecical care, transportation, churches, food supplies, responsible workers, free enterprise and government responsibilities have served us well.

Even of all the billions and billions of dollars the Americans have given to foreigners it has been estimated that only 40 percent gets to the ones needing, but it still remains a partial effort.

It is wonderful to pray for those like the one in the photo but we must not forget that with prayer we need action. With action our Lord will put wind behind our sails.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those little cans or plastic containers of fruit, crackers with peanut butter, single cookies and plastic spoons and napkins are good choices to put in a bag.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, You are right that we do have problems right here at home. There are so many people laid off in my community that the churches are feeding not only the homeless but also many of the unemployed as well!

We Americans are not starving as some in the world but there are needs here as well.

Thank you for sharing about the bags of food. That is a great idea Betty. The Lord inspires you to do the sweetest things Betty!

[hug]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also work in local ministries to feed people. Sadly there are people who go hungry in America. Our Church supports a ministry that helps families with children, senior citizens and the homeless. Our Church also supports Missions around the world. This is a good thing about being a part of a local body your money goes with other people's money to make a difference here and around the world for the cause of Christ.

We carry a ziplock bag of food that can be eaten by the homeless. There was a man begging for money the other day and we gave him a bag, he was so hungry that he opened the can of fruit and started eating right then and there.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Wild B... That is an extremely disheartening photo. It is so true that we do need to count our blessings and be thankful for every bite that we receive.

I don't understand why the suffering, but I know God as a merciful and a need meeting God. They need our prayers and assistance if one is in a position to help-- we need to help.

Let's pray for our local churches to be moved to help and support those missionaries in the field who make more of a difference than we will ever know.

One recommendation for helping is Life Ministries. If you are not familiar with James and Betty Robinson-- they have and do make a huge difference in the lives of millions.

http://www.lifetoday.org/site/PageServer

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Do I waste food? Not very much. I had to throw out alot of meat and stuff during the hurricane.
I have had to train myself to throw food out rather then over eat, but I work hard on fixing enough food with out left overs. Spaghetti is the only food I fix alot of but my husband eats on it for days.
You are right it is sad that we live in a world were food is plentyful for some and people waste food every day and yet people go hungry.
betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - Then REPENT

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement