Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The Harlot

Author Topic: The Harlot
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ezekiel 16:1-43
1 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 "Son of man, make known to Jerusalem her abominations 3 and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD to Jerusalem, "Your origin and your birth are from the land of the Canaanite, your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite. 4 "As for your birth, on the day you were born your navel cord was not cut, nor were you washed with water for cleansing; you were not rubbed with salt or even wrapped in cloths. 5 "No eye looked with pity on you to do any of these things for you, to have compassion on you. Rather you were thrown out into the open field, for you were abhorred on the day you were born.

6 "When I passed by you and saw you squirming in your blood, I said to you {while you were} in your blood, 'Live!' Yes, I said to you {while you were} in your blood, 'Live!' 7 "I made R415 you numerous like plants of the field. Then you grew up, became tall and reached the age for fine ornaments; {your} breasts were formed and your hair had grown. Yet you were naked and bare. 8 "Then I passed by you and saw you, and behold, you were at the time for love; so I spread My skirt over you and covered your nakedness. I also swore to you and entered into a covenant with you so that you became Mine," declares the Lord GOD. 9 "Then I bathed you with water, washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil. 10 "I also clothed you with embroidered cloth and put sandals of porpoise skin on your feet; and I wrapped you with fine linen and covered you with silk. 11 "I adorned you with ornaments, put bracelets on your hands and a necklace around your neck. 12 "I also put a ring in your nostril, earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. 13 "Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your dress was of fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour, honey and oil; so you were exceedingly beautiful and advanced to royalty. 14 "Then your fame went forth among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect because of My splendor which I bestowed on you," declares the Lord GOD.

15 "But you trusted in your beauty and played the harlot because of your fame, and you poured out your harlotries on every passer-by who might be {willing.} 16 "You took some of your clothes, made for yourself high places of various colors and played the harlot on them, which should never come about nor happen. 17 "You also took your beautiful jewels {made} of My gold and of My silver, which I had given you, and made for yourself male images that you might play the harlot with them. 18 "Then you took your embroidered cloth and covered them, and offered My oil and My incense before them. 19 "Also My R433 bread which I gave you, fine flour, oil and honey with which I fed you, you would offer before them for a soothing aroma; so it happened," declares the Lord GOD. 20 "Moreover, you took your sons and daughters whom you had borne to Me and sacrificed them to idols to be devoured. Were your harlotries so small a matter? 21 "You slaughtered My children and offered them up to idols by causing them to pass through {the fire.} 22 "Besides all your abominations and harlotries you did not remember the days of your youth, when you were naked and bare and squirming in your blood. 23 "Then it came about after all your wickedness ('Woe, woe to you!' declares the Lord GOD), 24 that you built yourself a shrine and made yourself a high place in every square. 25 "You built yourself a high place at the top of every street and made your beauty abominable, and you spread your legs to every passer-by to multiply your harlotry. 26 "You also played the harlot with the Egyptians, your lustful neighbors, and multiplied your harlotry to make Me angry. 27 "Behold now, I have stretched out My hand against you and diminished your rations. And I delivered you up to the desire of those who hate you, the daughters of the Philistines, who are ashamed of your lewd conduct. 28 "Moreover, you played the harlot with the Assyrians because you were not satisfied; you played the harlot with them and still were not satisfied. 29 "You also multiplied your harlotry with the land of merchants, Chaldea, yet even with this you were not satisfied.'"" 30 "How languishing is your heart," declares the Lord GOD, "while you do all these things, the actions of a bold-faced harlot. 31 "When you built your shrine at the beginning of every street and made your high place in every square, in disdaining money, you were not like a harlot. 32 "You adulteress wife, who takes strangers instead of her husband! 33 "Men give gifts to all harlots, but you give R448 your gifts to all your lovers to bribe them to come to you from every direction for your harlotries. 34 "Thus you are different from those women in your harlotries, in that no one plays the harlot as you do, because you give money and no money is given you; thus you are different."

35 Therefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD. 36 Thus says the Lord GOD, "Because your lewdness was poured out and your nakedness uncovered through your harlotries with your lovers and with all your detestable idols, and because of the blood of your sons which you gave to idols, 37 therefore, behold, I will gather all your lovers with whom you took pleasure, even all those whom you loved {and} all those whom you hated. So I will gather them against you from every direction and expose your nakedness to them that they may see all your nakedness. 38 "Thus I will judge you like women who commit adultery or shed blood are judged; and I will bring on you the blood of wrath and jealousy. 39 "I will also give you into the hands of your lovers, and they will tear down your shrines, demolish your high places, strip you of your clothing, take away your jewels, and will leave you naked and bare. 40 "They will incite a crowd against you and they will stone you and cut you to pieces with their swords. 41 "They will burn your houses with fire and execute judgments on you in the sight of many women. Then I will stop R458 you from playing the harlot, and you will also no longer pay your F181 lovers. 42 "So I will calm My fury against you and My jealousy will depart from you, and I will be pacified and angry no more. 43 "Because you have not remembered the days of your youth but have enraged Me by all these things, behold, I in turn will bring your conduct down on your own head," declares the Lord GOD, "so that you will not commit this lewdness on top of all your {other} abominations.

Revelation 17:1-6
1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed acts of immorality, and those who dwell on the earth were made drunk with the wine of her immorality." 3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality, 5 and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." 6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered greatly.

Matthew 27:24&25
24 When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this Man's blood; see to that yourselves." 25 And all the people said, "His blood shall be on us and on our children!"

John 15:24&25
24 "If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well. 25 But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, `THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE.'"

John 15:18
18 "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you."

Revelation 19:1-4
1 After these things I heard something like a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God; 2 BECAUSE HIS JUDGMENTS ARE TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS; for He has judged the great harlot who was corrupting the earth with her immorality, and HE HAS AVENGED THE BLOOD OF HIS BOND-SERVANTS ON HER." 3 And a second time they said, "Hallelujah! HER SMOKE RISES UP FOREVER AND EVER." 4 And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne saying, "Amen. Hallelujah!"

Reads pretty seemlessly, doesn't it? Just a thought.

--------------------
Test yourselves to be sure that you are in the faith.

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tell me you don't believe in the 'theory' of evolution!
Yeah. That gave me pause, too. People are so quick to side with evolutionism and old earth creationism, these days. I think it's because they don't want to go against the grain, or maybe they've just grown weary of arguing. Regardless, neither is biblical. If the earth was older than the biblical account, death would have had to start before the time of Adam and Eve, but the Bible tells us that death entered the world through the sin of Adam and Eve. So, which is it? Is God right or a bunch of scripture twisting goons?

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Okay. I'm gonna break my own rule, and go off on a rabbit trail...

quote:
The New American Standard Bible~ I do not per mote.

Is not that the same people that render virgin , "young girl", as it maters to Marry?

See for yourself...

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?bibleSearchType=bible&language=en§ion=0&word=Matthew+1&version=nas&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?passage=isa+7&version=niv&showtools=0

Is there any other reason that you do not particularly promote it? As far as accuracy of translation goes, I prefer it over the NIV, NLT and CSV anyday.

A good rule of thumb...

Take the hard verses, the ones that the wishy washy versions of the Bible tend to really twist and pervert, and look them up in most Bible translations and you can usually determine where the translators were coming from when they translated them. For instance, I typically look up verses on hell and homosexuality. If you're wrong on those, you are usually worshipping an idol and not God. This is how I was able to quickly rule out the Message as anything worth reading, but determine that the NLT wasn't all bad. Happy hunting.

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Billy. He actually thought he could get us to stay on topic. HeeHee.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh okies! [Big Grin]

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeena:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
quote:
The RCC has the blood of the Saints all over her, for she persecuted those who would not bow the knee to her.

Indeed. But the bloodshed began long before (~10,000 B.C) the birth of the RCC (~325 A.D.). The R.C.C. is merely an expression of the Harlot-spirit.

Aaron

Before 10000 BC?

Tell me you don't believe in the 'theory' of evolution! [Eek!] [/QB]

No. Of course not.
I'm talking about Abel's murder.

I should have written ~4000 B.C.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
The RCC has the blood of the Saints all over her, for she persecuted those who would not bow the knee to her.

Indeed. But the bloodshed began long before (~10,000 B.C) the birth of the RCC (~325 A.D.). The R.C.C. is merely an expression of the Harlot-spirit.

Aaron [/QB]

Before 10000 BC?

Tell me you don't believe in the 'theory' of evolution! [Eek!]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
The RCC has the blood of the Saints all over her, for she persecuted those who would not bow the knee to her. [/QB]

Aaron

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The woman is “the great harlot,” but she is also “the mother of harlots.” The Babylonian system has, in one way or another, given birth to all false religions. She has also seduced men into opposing God and persecuting His servants.

John’s readers would not be surprised when he used an evil harlot to symbolize a wicked city or political system. God even called Jerusalem a harlot (Isa. 1:21). Isaiah said that Tyre was a harlot (Isa. 23:16-17), and Nahum used this same designation for Nineveh (Nahum 3:4). (Read Jer. 50-51 for further historical parallels to John’s prophetic message.)

The “Babylonian system” of false religion has been a part of history since Nimrod founded his empire. Scholars have discovered it is amazingly like the true Christian faith! Alas, it is Satan’s counterfeit of God’s truth. Babylonians practiced the worship of mother and child, and even believed in the death and resurrection of the son.

Readers in John’s day would identify “the harlot” with the Roman Empire. Readers in the Middle Ages might identify it as the Roman ecclesiastical system. Today, some believers see “the harlot” and the Babylonian system in an apostate “world church” that minimizes doctrinal truth, rejects the authority of the Word, and tries to unite professed believers on some other basis than faith in Jesus Christ.

However, in the days when John’s prophecy will be fulfilled , an amazing thing will happen: “the harlot” will be made desolate by the very system that carried her! It is important to note that “the beast” carries “the harlot.” Satan (and Antichrist) will use the apostate religious system to accomplish his own ends (i.e., attain world power); but then he will do away with “the harlot” and establish his own religious system. And all of this will be the fulfillment of God’s Word (Rev. 17:17).

(Wiersbe)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
Billy,

I am not sure what point you are trying to make?? [Confused]

I believe Israel is God's harlot wife.

Is she the harlot spoken of in The Book of Revelations?

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

“Babylon” is God’s name for the world system of “the beast,” the entire economic and political organization by which he rules. “The harlot” (Rev. 17) is the religious system that “the beast” uses to help build his organization. When Antichrist establishes his own religion (Rev. 13:11-15), he will destroy the “harlot”; but it is God who will destroy Babylon.
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy,

I am not sure what point you are trying to make?? [Confused]

I believe Israel is God's harlot wife.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

quote:
In Bible Prophecy, the term is applied, symbolically, to a system of religion that rejects true doctrine from God’s word, and gives itself totally to a false system of worship.
I agree. However, I implore you to find just one passage of scripture in which the term is used, in this way, of a system of faith that never had any covenant relationship with the Lord. It is important to note that the term is used, in the Old Testament, to symbolize a betrayed covenant between two parties. This is especially evident in Ezekiel 16 and the book of Hosea.

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

The book of Hosea is a good study, as well.

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word=Hosea+1§ion=0&version=nas&new=1&oq=&NavBook=ho&NavGo=1&NavCurrentChapter=16#R8

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Bible Prophecy, the term is applied, symbolically, to a system of religion that rejects true doctrine from God’s word, and gives itself totally to a false system of worship.

Just as the true church (all born again believers of the Church Age –the dispensation of Grace--is known as the Bride of Christ, the Harlot, as depicted in Revelation, chapter 17, can be likened to being the mistress of Antichrist. She is of her father, the Devil.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Here's a better hint ~ Ezekiel 16 paints a vivid picture.

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word=Ezekiel+15§ion=0&version=nas&new=1&oq=&NavBook=eze&NavGo=15&NavNextChapter=%3E%3E&NavCurrentChapter=15

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

As with all things, the way that we interpret scripture is with scripture. Were it otherwise, scripture would not be sufficient for all things. Furthermore, tell me that Revelation 1 does not strikingly resemble Ezekiel 1. Tell me that John's vision of the multi-headed beast does not strikingly resemble Daniel's vision of the multi-headed beast. If we are to interpret these visions in light of their Old Testament fore-shadowings and the interpretations of them, given by YHWH, Himself, it stands to reason that we would do the same with the harlot or any other apocalyptic imagery that surfaces, in the book of Revelation. IMHO.

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Billy:

What religious community is most commonly associated with the term harlot, in the Old Testament?

Hint~ And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, Is it peace, Jehu? And he answered, What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev 4 starts a different thing. The Church/body of Christ now is the bride in heaven.

Rev.4
[1] After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

So there must be a future elect beside the 144,000 that will be able to understand this book.

imho.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Is that in response to my question? If so, I don't really see how it applies. Furthermore, I'd have to disagree with you. The book of Revelation, overall, is about Jesus' gracious provision and the redemption that He offers to His bride, from the time of His ascention, through modern times, and even to the creation of the new heaven and the new earth.

Now, so that we don't get off on rabbit trails...

What religious community is most commonly associated with the term harlot, in the Old Testament?

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

The book of Revelation is the message from Jesus to His Church in which He outlines the climax of human history.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Okay. All scholars agree that the 2/3 of the book of Revelation either quotes from the Old Testament or eludes to hit. Furthermore, the book of Revelation was written to first century Jewish Christians that were schooled in the Law and the Prophets. Therefore, it is my contention that we should read the book of Revelation in light of our understanding of the Old Testament. This being said, can anyone tell me what religious community was most commonly associated with the term harlot, in the Old Testament?

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Could be.. [wave3]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

The RCC

*Edited*
To be an "R" before 'CC' oops! [updown]

“We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty” (pope Leo 13th. From ‘The Great Encyclical letters of pope Leo 13th, p304, Benziger Bros, 1903).

quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
“Harlot” –rendered “***** ” in the King James Version of the Bible-- is a term that denotes a woman that prostitutes herself sexually. In Bible Prophecy, the term is applied, symbolically, to a system of religion that rejects true doctrine from God’s word, and gives itself totally to a false system of worship.

The RCC has prostituted herself with this world's system, influencing both Kings and Governers alike.

Her hand was and is in the cookie jar! [Eek!]

quote:
To carry Kindgo's post forward...

The Harlot does not have a husband but she attempts to procure the benefits of husbandry through an economic arrangement: you get yours, I get mine.

The "husband" gets what the Harlot has and the Harlot receives the security due a proper wife. Yet, the arrangement is false, which is to say it is not built upon truth and righteousness.

The RCC has prostituted herself with the worlds religions, including those of Islam and Judiasm as of late.

quote:
In Revelation the kings of the world do not have a glory and the Harlot does not have power (the security of being a wife). The Harlot promises to give the kings of the world a form of glory in exchange for protection (power).

The advent of this type of harlotry (false religion) is traced back to Cain when he slew Abel.

[QUOTE]Mat 23:34 "Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,
Mat 23:35 "that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

“We declare, say, define, and pronounce, that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff.” (pope Boniface 8th, Bull Unun Sanctum, 1302).

I do believe there are born again Christians within the confines of the RCC religion. Though, not by any of the teachings of the RCC, but by the Holy Spirit were they saved. Not by 'tradition', nor by sacriments, not by the real presence, not by praying the rosary, nor by falling down to statues of Mary, not by praying to the dead, nor by kissing the Popes ring and bowing before a man whom they say is beyond reproach [inCAPABLE of a lie] in speaking to the assembly, not by stigmata, nor by signs and wonders, NOT BY MIGHT, NOR BY POWER, BUT MY MY SPIRIT SAYS THE LORD!

I'm soo glad for the people there who are now allowed to read thier Bible's!!! PRAISE GOD!

--------------------

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

This harlot church system will, many prophecy students and teachers believe, be made up of an ectlectic mix of religions in the time following the Rapture of the true Church.

The sreligious system, called “Mystery Babylon,” will work in concert with the Antichrist regime to enslave the world in every realm of life.

Here's one of the strange things: This is happening right now....http://tonyblairfaithfoundation.org/

(The "Faith and Globalization Foundation") -It will concern itself with the six leading faiths: Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh and Jewish. Today we launch the first of a series of partnerships to give effect to that purpose.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Aaron
unregistered

To carry Kindgo's post forward...

The Harlot does not have a husband but she attempts to procure the benefits of husbandry through an economic arrangement: you get yours, I get mine.

The "husband" gets what the Harlot has and the Harlot receives the security due a proper wife. Yet, the arrangement is false, which is to say it is not built upon truth and righteousness.

In Revelation the kings of the world do not have a glory and the Harlot does not have power (the security of being a wife). The Harlot promises to give the kings of the world a form of glory in exchange for protection (power).

The advent of this type of harlotry (false religion) is traced back to Cain when he slew Abel.

quote:
Mat 23:34 "Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,
Mat 23:35 "that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

Aaron
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Harlot” –rendered “***** ” in the King James Version of the Bible-- is a term that denotes a woman that prostitutes herself sexually. In Bible Prophecy, the term is applied, symbolically, to a system of religion that rejects true doctrine from God’s word, and gives itself totally to a false system of worship.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Okay. I've found that it becomes rather wearying to try to answer a post in which many topics are being discussed and many questions are being asked. Especially when people cut and paste articles from pastors in their replies. Therefore, I thought I'd narrow down our topics of discussion so that we explore every mystery of the Book of Revelation, one by one. For this particular post, I thought I'd get all your ideas on the great harlot of Revelation. After you've all posted your replies, I'll explain what my contention is, and we can have a good healthy discussion on the matter.

In Christ,
Billy.

ps. If I haven't answered someone's questions, or replied to a post direct to me, I apologize. I get really busy around here, and sometimes I just need to keep it simple. Otherwise, I'll be replying all day.

--------------------

- The Apostle Paul

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement